"Ending Happy" Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 20, 2007.

1. vplasgirl

vplasgirl Victim

I always enjoy a light, funny CSI episode, and Ending Happy had some hilarious moments. It's one of their best comedies second only to one of the stories in Loco Motives.

Overall, this has been a pretty stellar season. I do miss Warrick, but otherwise, I think we've been getting a good balance of all other characters unlike previous seasons when the focus of the majority of episodes was on Grissom and/or Catherine. We're finally getting some meaty Grissom/Sara moments this year. It was way past time CSI addressed that relationship. And as a result, we're seeing a more 'human' Grissom for lack of a better word. He seems happier as well, and I don't remember him smiling as much as he did in tonight's episode since the pilot. I'm glad that Sara brings out that attractive quality in him.

The old guy was precious. I think he fell a little in love with Sara as well. I enjoy it when Sara shows that she's about more than pedicures and days at the spa. Her intellect is part of her attractiveness and what makes her perfectly suited for Grissom.

They're fun to watch, and this was a very entertaining episode.

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

UMMM Not really sure about this one. I agree Destiny trying to make it 'too serious' would have backfired, but this one... well.. to me didn't do it either. I fell flat.

I can see where they were coming from in trying to make it humorous but it seemed to cartoonish to me.

The funny parts were

--Cath/Warrick scene 'he must have the ugliest Johnson'
    --Brass/Doc interaction when Brass thought he had a suspect and the motive, etc.. Doc calls and says THAT'S NOT WHAT KILLED HIM
    --Doris's face when Grissom and Brass told them about Happys' shellfish reaction.... and when she wiped her mouth... now that was funny my husband and I laughed out loud at that scene :lol:

Those were about the funniest parts.

**Sides** I like that Nicky's hair is growing out, Cath and Gris got to talk to each other and so did Nicky and Sara. Greg and Hodges were funny together. BUT, where was Mandy? All we saw were her hands???

Overall this episode fell flat.

3. LadyDisdain

LadyDisdain Witness

I thought this episode was very entertaining. Billy P was looking extra hot, even in the fugly hat! And, of course, I was thrilled to hear the implicit "I love you." She makes him happy. Le sigh.

I also loved Sara reciting the poem to the old fellow. She sure has a way with the older gents. ;)

I think we need this before the final episodes. I've got a feeling they're going to turn darker.

4. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

And if you look closely.. They are male hands :lol:

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thie ep. was quirky and off the wall, but still delightful :D always different.. and we got away from the MCSK, for a while .. so "pleasure seekers' OK, a bunch of real low-life scum bags,, Brass's encounter with Doris and Binky in the first scene..:lol: and the GSR moment, their flirty banter, and the sex talk, different and exciting, and it showed how comfortable they are talking about it, and he never paid for sex.. Mr Clean-cut. and the romantic comment "You make me happy" of course she does..and visa-versa.. and her always winning smile back at him ;) and when Brass took one of the prostitute down to the interogation room, and she stars singing "Dream A Little Dream Of Me" and he goes, "Do I look like Paula Abdul to you"? :lol: so funny.. and Doc, incredible as always.... and James Whitmore.. lord is he old :eek: and when he was rambling and Nick goes "Sir, that's really sweet" :) the weird bartender creepy and weird.. and Hodges as disgusting as always. telling Greg about his first 'hooker' encounter :( and Brass to Doris and Binky "And I love you both" Brass was hilarious in this one :lol:.. and HAPPY wow, a hard guy to kill :eek: and in the end a lawn chair.. all in all, to me it was enjoyable..& all the guest stars were such losers, but good acting from them all!! and the writera switching gears and showing the fans an all together different story line!! I liked it! ^^ and Grissom wears the hat, because it's in the desert, and it protects him from the sun!!

6. WeWantTOGO

WeWantTOGO Prime Suspect

I really enjoyed this episode. i thought it was really cool how they kept us hanging everytime Doc Robbins would call Brass to tell him that that was not the COD. It was just a fun episode to watch.

7. ItDontMatter

ItDontMatter Hit and Run

EEEE, there should be no talk of sex, implied or otherwise, between Grissom and Sara! I expect it from Warick, Catherine, Nicky, Greg and Hodges(shudders) but not the two asexual(for lack of a better word) characters. YIKES!!!

The eppy wasn’t fantastic, but I did like it. I always appreciate CSI’s dark humor. And the one-liners in this episode were some of the best they have ever written. It really speaks volumes about the breadth of the acting skills of the series regulars. They are all equally adept at delivering the horribly dark scenes and the wickedly funny scenes.

I give it an 8.5/10 solely for the one-liners and acting skills.

8. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Personally.. The only things I really disliked about this episode were:

WARRICK, where art thou Warrick?

The ending (The scene between the CSIs were great) but the reinactment from Happy was "dumb". It looked a like a bad horror movie gone totally wrong.

The Hodges scene. It didn't need to be there, and seemed to put in to fill timespace (Which they could've added Warrick into...)

I loved Catherine, but they seemed to just put her there - to have Catherine in the episode.

9. CleverNicky

CleverNicky Victim

I thought this was a great episode. It was funny and to me there was never a dull moment. From Sara and Grissom's brief moment where he tells her that she makes him happy(which I found so sweet), to the many, many times that Doc Robbins tells them that "Happy didn't die from that,"(I was laughing every time) there was always something going on.
    I guess my opinion is very different from many of yours, but I really dug this one and felt that they needed something like this that you could laugh at, but at the same time be a little serious... but not much.

Anyway, just my humble opinion... take care y'all
    Rhonda~

10. MissMonk

MissMonk Rookie

i thought this episode was funny. definatnly not one of the top 50 episodes but its fuuny. i found the gsr things a little creepy. and it ruins the whole grissom is a secret nut. you know those smart guys. lol. anyways. cant wait for next episode.

11. ClarkF1

ClarkF1 Hit and Run

I love it when they go off the wall, and this one was definitely off the wall. Didn't know James Whitmore was still alive. He doesn't seem to have aged since Shawshank Redemption.

I loved the "he looked like a giant lizard" flashback and some of the music was spot on.

I'd give it an 8 out of 10

12. Musicluvr325

Musicluvr325 Police Officer

I hated last night.

You make me happy...
    GAG!

13. csinut

csinut Lab Technician

I liked this ep-some good one liners. Also, I thought the 'you make me happy' convo with Gris and Sara was sweet. I didn't think the guy from Shawshank Redemption was still alive, either. When he was reciting Walt Whitmans poetry in front Nick and Sara, I thought it was interesting that Sara didn't say a word (even though she knew the poem) in front of Nick. She waited until Nick left to finish the poem for the guy. Maybe Grissom is teaching her some poetry... ;)

The best line of the ep: Brass to the girl who was singing:
    Do I look like Paula Abdul? :lol:

14. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

Thought it was a funny episode, if a bit disjointed cast-wise. Just little snippets here and there of Cath, Greg, Rick and Nick....that needs to stop. I'm aching for a nice, juicy case where all the CSI's work together again and we actually SEE them all working as a team.

HATED the GSR...major squick factor for me...it was like watching a father and daugher have "the talk" about sex. Yuck. And I see Sara is still trying hard to impress Gris by retaining lines from poetry...somehow I get the impression she's not a poetry gal. I think she'd be more at home at a road house, kicking back and drinking beer with Nick and Rick!

I cringed when they were discussing anaphalactic (spelling?) shock in front of Nick...um, hello? Grissom?? Fire ant infestation in a little plexiglass box? Ring any bells?? But, typical CSI they didn't even make the connection back to Nick's experience.

Laughed when I figured out "Dreama Little" was the kid from growing pains. I didn't think the acting was sub-par on the part of the supporting cast...they were SUPPOSED to be dim witted!

Not the greatest, but not the worst we've seen either.

15. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

The Hodges scene was pretty funny, him admitting to hiring a prostitute when he was 17. That has Hodges written all over it.