Grissom & Sara #27: Intimately

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Turtlebaby, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

A kind of different "after-ep" poll, since I'm sensing a commonality between the responses here. lol.

2. zupa_fly

zupa_fly Prime Suspect

I did have to vote for option 1: it is definitely the best "happy scene" between the two. I mean, Grissom basically told Sara he loves her! YEAH!

I wish I could have voted for #2 - that the finale would be the best. I hate that I am so cynical, but I have been worrying about this for a week now. There is no doubt in my mind that there will be some poignant GSR scenes in the finale - whether it leads to Sara's death or not is horrifying. I have basically told my roommates that, if Sara and Grissom kiss before the finale it is the "kiss of death!"

So I definitely agree that this is a GSR happy/amazing sex/relationshippy moment.

3. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

I voted other: I don't think is the most amazing scene I've ever seen with them, but it was on my top two. :p

4. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I've been thinking about that as I've rewatched the clip. I think that shooting it from behing was brilliant. It was freakin' brilliant. We didn't have to see their faces. They didn't even have to face one another, but they were just... there. They just... are. They're this beautiful couple who love each other dearly.

It's so sweet, because you can tell it's been nagging her since their first conversation. Not necessarily eating at her, mind you, but she's curious about the extent of his experience with these places. Where she let the "corset" comment go in the past, now she's a little more assertive. And his reaction was PRICELESS. His head just snapped in her direction, as if he couldn't believe that she'd think that. And, she seems almost surprised that he's never paid for sex.

I love the tone his voice takes as he says, "I have not." It's not the tone one takes in a silly, unimportant conversation. He wants her to know that he really hasn't. And she becomes curious. This man seems so open to so many things. When she had a problem with swingers, he was the one who said the two involved claimed they were happily married. To which she answered, "You think they're happy?" And he couldn't answer. Funny, now he knows what makes him happy. He knows what happy is, and it certainly doesn't involve sleeping around, or sleeping with others behind his woman's back.

Sara says when you have to go outside of a marriage for passion, something's wrong. Granted, they're not married as far as we know, but I like that there's continuity there.

When Grissom mentions the word, "Love," he looks at her. And you can see the wheels turning in Sara's head as she's listening to him explain. When he mentions that sex without love makes one sad, she smiles. I know this may sound stupid, but I feel like she's almost searching for it, to see what he'll say, to see if he'll admit it. She puts it out there that she doesn't think she makes him sad... and he can easily answer. But, he doesn't just say, "No." He takes it a step further. She makes him, "Happy," which is the opposite of sad.

This is the extreme for Grissom. She makes him happy. She does that. And you can see the soft smile on Sara's face. For me, I see it as mixed, though. I mean, yes, he did just admit he loves her in a roundabout way, but sometimes you just want the guy to say it.

Granted, I don't know how special the moment would be if it were crossing from a cat house where a guy was murdered to his illegal-drug-infested trailer. But, to each his own, I suppose.

It was just beautifully played. Though, the way Mr. Petersen says, "happy" has me giggling every time. I have no clue why, but the way the "h" almost turns into a more "ch" sound just tickles me.

However, this scene did not feel forced to me. There are some scenes that happen, even GSR scenes, that feel a little out of place. And, I'll speak up if I feel so. I don't hold back... lol. In this case, I felt the scene was properly placed in the episode. I think it was well-acted and well-shot. I think it was beautiful. It was honest.

I know I use the word "organic" a lot when describing Grissom and Sara's relationship, and this scene really fit that, for me. I think it was just about two people who love each other, who are still learning things about one another. I'm about to marry my man and we've been together almost four years. We're still constantly learning about one another. It's a beautiful and strange process. So, I don't find it strange that Sara might wonder about Grissom's sex life before her, even at this stage in the relationship. She found an opportunity to ask a question and wanted to do so before the situation got too far away from them.

It reminded me of "Roshamama." She couldn't let that little mention of her being anti-marriage get away. If she tried to bring it up later, it'd be out of context. She needed to be right there, and in the moment, and it caught Grissom a little of guard, regardless of their relationship status at the time.

I have to say, the earlier interaction at the pool reminded me greatly of "Unfriendly Skies." There was that bit of back and forth, I could almost hear Sara in my head saying, "Cite your source" right before Grissom said, "So they tell me." I think GSR was in top form tonight.

By the second time they ended a commercial break with Brass unsuccessfully putting someone away, I got the formula, but I still enjoyed it. I really did enjoy the episode. But, as I've been catching up on a lot of other things since I got home, I haven't had time to sit and watch the entire episode a second time. Hopefully, there'll be time for that tomorrow so I can offer a more intelligent opinion than, "I liked it." LOL.

5. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

O.M.G ,i am die and i am in the heaven o_o amazing episode the best!, thank you rambo *we love you* ,
    -i love it the grissomĀ“s faces in this episode is lovely.
    -all the scenes gsr, the talksex, the pool..

the best of the 7 season, the bad :
    The hat, no honey this is not good lol, and the sara sunglasses .

6. Cynthia_Sanders

Cynthia_Sanders Victim

Wow. I really liked this GSR moment. I won't be able to get this out of my head for a very long time:

SARA: So you've been to a place like this before?
    GRISSOM: I worked a murder-suicide at the Naughty Kitty once.
    S: No, no. Come on, you know what I mean.
    G: As a customer? No.
    S: You never paid for sex?
    G: I have not. I find the whole idea very...bleak.
    S: Really?
    How come?

G: Sex should provide the opportunity for human
    connection, but paid sex does the opposite of that.
    To me, sex without love is pointless.
    It makes you sad.
    S: Well, I'm pretty sure I don't make you sad...
    G: No. You make me happy.

7. Shipwrecked

Shipwrecked Police Officer

Dear me, Alyssa, I love your long posts and you're exactly right. I agree that it fit in with the scene. Sometimes it seems like the writers just stick on in there for the sake of having some GSR in it, but this didn't feel that way. It just fit. Like a puzzle piece.

It was sweet.

8. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

Ok so I'm gonna be late for work.

Eh.

*dies* That was so cute. I think I've fallen in love with Grissom myself! Again. :p

I just had to get that out there. That I've become a [more] rabid fangirl all over again.

Though, as he said the words "No, you make me happy." I almost expected it to be followed by a "Teehee!" and the scampering away like a bunny.

I don't know. I was tired.

And the hat. And the glasses. Oh my.

I'll post full thoughts later - I gotta get to work.

That is all.

9. butterflied08

butterflied08 Rookie

so basically I screamed when I watched that part and scared my cats out of the room. I have TiVo and I rewound it about 5 times and watched it again and again. Possibly one of the best GSR scenes- I'm in heaven.

Now about these spoilers for the season finale...could someone PM me with them or something? I'm arguing with myself over whether or not I should read them, but the devil on my shoulder is winning...

10. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

I think I just died.

OMG!!!! If you have not seen it, go to youtube now! Its a promo about Sara and Grissom being revealed and one scene it looks like Sara is reading the letter, they are in bed together and they have a dog! OMG! I seriously have just died. My heart has stopped. I didnt think anything could get any better, but oh man it has! YES! AHHH! They have a dog and they are in bed together,, oh my god. I really hope this is for next week.

11. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

Seriously guys I think I might die. *deep breath*
    I went on GSR.com as soon as I could, and there were no scenes, so I figured, oh, guess there was nothing then. :(

So I came on here, and I nearly died. The first post I read was "He said he loved her." I swore. I never swear. (Well not proper ones. :rolleyes:)

So anyway, in the midst of having a heart attack running through all csi clip sites I could think of, I came up with youtube! Safe to say, I had a mini stroke, and I will post more intelligently later.

*thud*

12. LadyDisdain

LadyDisdain Witness

Gina, I've looked all over youtube for that promo and can't find it. Do you mind posting a link?

I am still basking in the warm glow of the GSR goodness from last night. If I get GSR tidbits like this from now until the finale, I might just make it through the summer.

13. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

lol! BREATHE!

My interpretation of the shooting from behind is that, like with ANYTHING with these two, even if they're out in broad daylight, we always feel like we're watching them from afar. When they're shot from the front in a GSR scene, we always feel like we don't have the whole story (Time of Your Death, Bite Me sex talk, finale scene, etc.)

I like that a lot. If we ever do get a kissing scene, I really could see it as just a shot of them kissing in their apartment, as the camera pulls away, and we're watching out the window or something. lol.

I don't know - I think it's very intentional, but there's always this voyeur sense for the audience.

Also, I want to say that I honestly think it's our best GSR scene. I was much, much giddier about this than the finale. And it may simply have been because I really didn't expect anything, but a) they talked about sex. B ) He told her, in a roundabout way, that he loves her and c) squee.

lol.

I mean, yeah - the finale was great. Time of Your Death was great. But this was sort of like throwing the sex of TOYD and the intimacy and love of the finale in a blender and getting this. Awesome.

And honestly, I'm glad that she was so open (and even surprised that he hadn't) about the concept that he might have.. He was a hermit living in Vegas without a real relationship for who knows how long? Even if they have a fantastic relationship, I think it's fair for her to assume that his hormones would get the better of him.

Ooh, nice catch about the swingers to now full circle.

I liked the "I have not" as well. I agree - it was like he was trying to add gravity to an important conversation, but it came off very cute and old-fashioned.

As Reebs and I have said, though we are firm members of Team Bearded, he was not... um... repulsive... last night *nods*

Honestly, between saying he wants to say goodbye to the people whom he loves in the finale, and her responding "I'm not ready..." and this? I think Grissom says "I love you" on a regular basis for Sara to feel comfortable enough to respond the way she has.

I agree. I was thinking about that earlier, and there are some times - and I blame editing on the way the shaving scene found its way into the episode, because UGH - but there are some times when it's not that the scene between them feels forced, but its placement in the episode. This was clearly a continuation from a conversation before, but like with Swap Meet, it was also a way for you to know more about your characters through the crime. I don't think Grissom was passing judgement on it, I think he was firmly saying it just wasn't for him. He wants intimacy (I mean, he's made THAT clear. lol) from a relationship, but not everyone does.

I think that a lot of people are very worried that this was set-up for the finale. I really disagree. I think this was set-up for Lady Heather. Remember Grissom's disgusted face when Heather slept with Wolfowitz? Add that to tonight's conversation, and it may be because he regards sex as something special, and she used it like a tool. I think that the conversation is supposed to let us know beforehand that Grissom doesn't fool around and thinks nothing of it, so the audience knows that nothing will happen. It's also something he can come back and remind Sara of should she get worried about the time he's spending at the Dominion. I'm okay with Sara being uneasy. I just don't want to see flat-out jealousy or pouting. lol. But yeah - I felt this was more set-up for Lady Heather than it was for the finale.

Which is precisely why I love this ship. lol.

And speaking of Season 1 - I swear, a couple of times Grissom looked that young. What the hell, huh?

15. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Do you think these scenes are from the next episode or the finale? I am pretty much spoiler free so try not to elaborate on anything other then the answer of the question. Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.