Grade 'Past Imperfect'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

In a science class in my high school, I was told not to were contacts in the lab, it's got something to do with chemicals reacting to the contacts. It was a long time ago so I don't remember all the details.

2. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Also, chemicals vapours and liquids can get behind the contact and irritate the eye.

3. csiviper

csiviper Witness

A+
    I give this episode an A+ because it was so good.
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Stella is not HIV Positive.
    OMG, Did Mac throw that guy of the roof or did the guy jump???
    Lindsay and Danny looked so cute flirting.
    THe Next episode is going to be one of the best episodes ever.

=========================================================
    House: A small feel for a man, a giant ass for mankind.

4. peanut

peanut Prime Suspect

I know, me too. "Whoa!" He did an excellent job.

I only got to watch the last 30 minutes of this eppy, but I enjoyed what I saw. I gave the eppy an 'A'. They did an excellent job on this one.

La Guera, you took the words out of my mouth in your letter to Mac.

5. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

Not bad, but nothing special. Wasn't there supposed to be a big fight scene between Mac and Clay? :confused:

Wow, Stella's HIV-negative. How shocking :rolleyes:

6. csiviper

csiviper Witness

I think Mac's reaction to the whole case was reasonable and yeah he did treat Adam badly but he was under a lot of pressure and in the next episode they will be investigating him for Dobson's murder.

7. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Screaming at an employee for obeying a superior is reasonable? Sulking when reminded that he was comfortable with the consequences until they involved him is reasonable? Following his gut despite zero forensic evidence-his personal totem-is reasonable? Not for my money. Besides, the characters aren't omniscient, and Mac had no knowledge that he would be investigated for misconduct and murder, so that excuse doesn't hold.

8. flacksgirl

flacksgirl Hit and Run

I wonder if all of this build of Mactimony is because of the IAB investigation into Mac. He has become so high and mighty and now he is going to need help from the people that he has been so belittling too. That would be interesting to see Mac fall off of his high horse and get stomped on a little. Don't get me wrong I like Mac but I think that he needs to be brought down a notch or two. Maybe this will be what we are all looking for. Or maybe it will only get worse. Who knows?

As for the episode, I enjoyed it. I agree with those who thought they should have only put the Dobson case in this episode. The freakshow stuff was interesting but it took away from the scary creepy serial killer stuff. They could have easily pulled the old case stuff and gone back over it. That would have given them a chance to use all of the characters. I also would have enjoyed seeing Flack a little more involved in the case. He came in and flogged Mac and then he disappeared until they go to the building for the girl.

Overall an A-, it could have been handled better I think.

9. detdonflackjr

detdonflackjr Rookie

Joey Lawrence is listed as guest starring next week as well so I think that might be a flashback sequence of what happened on the roof

10. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

ANyone else think that the writers TOTALLY dropped the ball on mentioning Louie in this episode?

There was a perfect chance...and perfect timing...and perfect situation. Danny's involvement in the case with the two brothers was perfect-one brother in the hospital, dying, the other alive and well and in pain b/c of whats happening to the other. Yeah, i kno, Danny didn't kill his brother like the guys in the case, but think about it-Louie went in after Sassone b/c Danny was in trouble-surely Danny feels some guilt about that (i dont think it was his fault at all, but its natural for him to have felt some after what happened), just like the brother in the episode obviously felt remorse over the part he was playing in his brother's death.

So why couldnt the writers have gone from Danny watching the two brothers to Danny in his brothers hospital room, or grave, or whatever? Throw us a bone please...let us know what happened!

Other than that...i loved the Clay Dobson story...i wish they'd had more scenes with him and Mac=the tension when they were on screen was great and both actors did an excellent job. The same goes with the Flack/Mac confrontation, and the nice chemistry with Adam and Stella. The next few episodes should be great to watch.

overall...B-

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I think, well with the way most of this season has gone it's more hope, that this episode leads to finding out what the hell happened to Louie. I think that Danny wasn't as rough on the surviving brother as he would normally be of a suspect who just killed a family member because of the situation with Louie. You hit the nail on the head with Danny feeling guilt and responsibility for Louie getting beaten, I think. We've just gotta try, hard as it may be, to believe TPTB are going to revisit Louie/Danny before the season ends. And if they don't, we'll just have to throw things at our television sets and curse profusely at TPTB. Something I'm sure a lot of us have gotten good at doing this season. :rolleyes:

12. FlackAttack

FlackAttack Prime Suspect

Ah, Flack, you always get the best lines. I thought his exchange with Mac was great! He always manages to remain dignified and not lose his temper like Mac did. Mega-props to that. Yeah, Mac was being a real hypocrite, but I suppose it's his turn to go under the microscope. Not just in the realm of NY, but in terms of the whole CSI franchise. Grissom's had his share of run-ins with the under-sheriff and Ecklie, and Horatio's an enemy of pretty much everyone outside his team. Still, doesn't mean I liked the way he acted, especially towards Adam. Grr. I'm very interested in seeing how the roof scene plays out. As was pointed out earlier, obviously Dobson jumped, the question is how. Oh, and was Mac being a glory hog just running off on his own after Dobson? I was so hoping Flack would get to arrest Dobson, but then obviously there wouldn't be such a big mess.

I enjoyed the Danny and Hawkes case as well, even though it wrapped up quickly. I thought the scene where Danny plays catch the bill with the boys was cute. TPTB is definitely toying with us, though, the story with the brothers was such a good vehicle to mention Louie again, and they DIDN'T. Argh. I'm convinced they are doing this on purpose, because I could see Louie-thoughts all over Danny's face in that hospital scene, but nothing came of it. And that whole Coney Island back story is sadly true. Astroland amusement park is being sold off to real estate developers, they want to build condos, this summer will be its last season. At least the Cyclone stays.

13. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I really like this episode. It was great to see Mac pushing the line, stepping away from his usual 'cool, calm, and collected,' and letting his emotions get the best of him for once. Running after a suspect like that, and with no backup, was not his brightest move ever, but it sure was interesting to watch :lol: And way to leave us hanging there like that! I knew as soon as they ended up on a rooftop that something was going to happen.

As for Danny and Hawkes case, all I have to say is... What happened to Louie?????? I have to know!!!! You just know that's what Danny was thinking about at the hospital.

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode :)

14. d2400

d2400 Hit and Run

I enjoyed this one too but where the freak is Danny? And I don't mean physically. I don't get what they are doing with him. I am going to keep my hopes up for the next few episodes that they will really utilize him, and I mean the old him, not the "save the damsel in distress"(aka Lindsay) Danny. They finally had a great guest star. I would have liked to see more of Joey Lawrence. He did a really good job. I can't complain about Lindsay, cause she was hardly there :devil:. Mac and Flack had a great scene together. Flack's scenes are always great(serious Flack and sarcastic, witty Flack are both great). This season I have warmed up to Stella, I wasn't the biggest fan of the character before but I like what they have done with her.
    I thought her scene with Adam played out well.

15. macpeyfan

macpeyfan Witness

It was an ok epidsode.
    I guess this episode is a good example of what I don't like about CSI NY. It (like so many other epi's) had the potential to be REALLY good. Danny on the boardwalk was great, then he fell flat. The stuff between Dobson and Mac was good, then it fell flat (literally :lol:). Mac is not going to be guilty. The main male character in the show is not going to be guilty and that takes away from the suspense. It's the same as Stella's HIV storyline - the main female character was not going to end up terminally ill. Knowing that lessens the quality of the show.