‘CSI’ Star Contract Due To Expire

Hmm I don't know. I've always thought that Jorja would probably be the first one to leave the show because she, well, kind of, has a record. lol. She left ER when her role, Maggie Doyle was really popular, and she left The West Wing for CSI while her career was sorta taking off in that show, and mind you, nobody expected CSI to become the #1 show at the time, at all. I first saw her in ER and had thought she's an "alternative" kind of gal since. She likes to do different things and doesn't really care whether they're popular or not. She just goes for her interests and participates in the mainstream stuff once in a while to make the money she needs. I wasn't at all surprised when I heard that she might leave CSI. After all, this show was so different 7 years ago and she was willing to take a chance, but now, crime drama is everywhere and it's possible that she'd like to try something new.

But if Jorja is trying to find a better show/movie, I doubt she is going to find one. She is on one of the top shows, and basically, it would be pulling a David Caruso.

No, that would be if she'd left after a single season.
JF has been on CSI for 7 years, maybe she wants new challanges. She's fulfilled her contract and now she has the chance to leave if she wants and TPTB can't force her to stay. Maybe it'll be more a case of her pulling a George Clooney.

I'm guessing that whatever way it's going, TPTB have issued a gag order on JF's contract status so as to keep us in suspense. It's not uncommon. Sasha Alexander (Kate in NCIS) kept it under wraps that she was leaving the show.

Sara isn't my favourite character on the show, I'd prefer to lose Cath rather than her, but if it's JF's decision to leave, then fair enough and good luck to her.

*Can't Express Feelings*

I hope she signs. Whatever she decides to do, I wish her luck... But, yes, I hope she stays :p

vegaslights said:
I like Jorja, but I'm not liking the way the TPTB are taking her character, and for the last few seasons (second half of season 5), the way Sara has been on the show is just totally different from the way they had in seasons 1 - 4.

Much luck to Jorja if she decides to leave, but even more luck to Jorja if she stayes. :lol:
I agree. I love Sara to death, she's actually my favorite character. But it's been a terrible route for this character all season. If it continues down this path then I guess it would be better if she does leave the show for good. Of course, I'm still hoping she gets to stay and TPTB just write the show better. It's just not Sara for me, almost all the characterizations have suffered in my opinion. Nowadays, Hodges get better scenes than Nick and Warrick. As for Sara, there were multiple eps wherein she appears only to have a 20 second conversation/flirtation/whatever with Grissom. Thank God for Empty Eyes (and Allen MacDonald who wrote the ep), we actually get to see the interesting Sara back.

I'm definitely not a GSR shipper, and Sara has never been one of my favorites.

But I will say the show definitely won't be the same without her. CSI needs the balance of all their actors to keep what's made it so popular.

I wish Jorja good luck regardless, like many of us, but, still, I'd like it better if she stayed. If she didn't, I'd still be happy in some way, but would just have to rework my mind so it didn't deflate with ideas, and hype, and story ideas.

Character death on CSI, ah, well, it usually occurs sooner, rather than later. Speedle got out by the start of season three of Miami, Aiden got out by season two. Me, being me, I was sad, but, looking at the grander picture, we hadn't had as long as we've had with other characters, to get used to them. As for Lockwood, I still don't know what was up with that. We used to get a lot of repeats of season 2 and 3 episodes over here, and I got confused because I didn't know whether he was dead or not... Then he’d pop up, and, just like early CSI: NY repeats, I proceeded to freak out slightly.

GSR, though, if she goes, that will just be rather sad. The whole ship, has found several weird ways to make itself present within my head, so, I'd be sorrowful to see it, kind of end, in such a way. Not that I think Grissom would stop loving her if Sara died, or disappeared, but, still, it would be the end of a shipping era. So much has been gone through to get to such a point!

Stages of death, I get that. When Professor Arturo died in Sliders, the aww. Mind you, I’ve been watching Sliders repeats, he’s only just died, by the hands of Rodger Daltry, weird CSI connection there, hey... I’m going to wonder away again. Should not be a fangirl at quarter to five in the morning... *Falls over.*

Yeah, to reinforce the point, it will be sad, and I'll be sad. I do wish it’s some kind of hidden conspiracy, or gag order, thing, because even though we could expect that, and believe that, if that’s really it, then we’ll still be all shocked and the like. Right? Kind of like, false hope, verified.

If she goes, I'll be lost as well! And the show won't be the same without her!

*Needs sleep. Rolls away.*

I was talking to my friend the other day and I had a personal revalation... about a TV show.

Talk about insanity.

Anyway, the revalation was that if Jorja leaves then so will I. Er... I mean, I would watch, just not with the enthusiasm as before. And if I missed it? Oh well. Which is saying something considering I haven't missed an episode in the past five seasons.

I could handle rumors of WP not coming back - I would still watch and probably like a Grissom-less show. But Sara is my favorite Character and I think I'd miss her terribly.

I've watched, but haven't loved, CSI: Miami since they killed off Speed.

CSI without Sara would be... *cries* I don't even want to think about it. I just don't.

But if she decides not to return then I'll support that desision. I'll keep my eye out for her work, whether it be acting or producing. Jorja Fox rocks my socks. ;)

But oh please Miss Jorja, come back!

I'm going to honest; she's my least favorite actor on the show doing my least favorite character. However, I also want to point out that this means I disliker her more than others, but rather I like others more than her. I will miss her when she does leave.

To be fair, the writers/producers always had a hard time with character. It seemed like they were struggling with what to do with her.

Turtlebaby said:
Anyway, the revalation was that if Jorja leaves then so will I. Er... I mean, I would watch, just not with the enthusiasm as before. And if I missed it? Oh well. Which is saying something considering I haven't missed an episode in the past five seasons.

^ I'd be the same way, actually. I've always loved the show and all the actors, but I mainly watch for the character Sara Sidle. I also love Catherine and Nick but Sara's always been at the top for me. And so many things have been happening lately, with the MCSK and whatnot, that I really don't think it'd make sense for them to just kill off Sara :confused: She's one of my main characters of the show, a CSI, so for her to just go *poof* and vanish is sort of strange.

Regardless, I wish Jorja the best. If she leaves all us fans will just have to follow her wherever else it may be that she goes :p

It could happen. Everybody figured out that Christopher Eccleston was leaving Doctor Who because there was no news about him resigning his contract or if he was committed for another season.

Back