‘CSI’ Star Contract Due To Expire

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Apr 24, 2007.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

CSI may be down one leading cast member next season as <font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font> (Sara Sidle)’s contract is due to expire.

A source close to the show confirms that Fox’s contract expires next month and that the actress is interested in pursuing other things. “Her leaving makes perfect sense,” says the source. “She’s been there for seven years, she’s made a ton of money, and it allows the show to resolve the Sara-Grissom thing.”

The resolution of the Sara-Grissom relationship may be permanent. According to CBS, the relationship will be “suddenly forced out into the open” during the May 17 season finale. The same episode sees the return of the miniature killer and Sara goes missing. That’s one crime everyone should be able to solve.

To read the full article, pick up the April 23-29 issue of <A class="link" HREF=http://www.tvguide.com>TV Guide</a> on news stands now.

Special thanks to Al Forno for submission of this news item.<center></center>

2. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

Maybe I'm just behind on my news, but did all the other actors resign for another season because I was under the impression that they were all signed for 7 seasons?

3. Sushie_Shuakhwe

Sushie_Shuakhwe Hit and Run

*Twitch. Die. Twitch.*

Ah, I'm trying to be confident that Sara will be back, indeed I am. Wasn't there that whole positive there's going to be an eighth season because so many people have signed on thing? Eh. I mean, I'd expect WP, to be honest, to go first. Surely at least some of us have noticed that slight bit of unrest in him, in some way.

Still, despite the fact that it could all just be a big ploy, to make us worry, I'm still genuinely concerned in the sense that, I'd dearly miss Sara, a lot. As people have said, the makers of our beloved show, know that we're pretty much a couple of steps ahead of them on many things. Maybe they're trying to scare us or something. Still, there's that niggling concern that this could be the end for a lot of things.

I'm a GSR supporter through and through, always have been, so, this worries me more so than say, Grissom/Catherine shippers. I guess, all we can do know, is wait for next month, or the season finale, whatever comes first. I mean, I worried, somewhat the same way about Grave Danger, but, I feel, hmm, more concerned, about this. If you’re bothered by this worry want, hey, I can’t help but worry. I look forward to CSI every week, it keeps me happy. I like GSR. If that explodes into disaster, then I’ll be sad.

4. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I know that if Jorja leaves the show, a lot of people will be upset. To be honest, I won't be one of them. I think Jorja is wonderful, and a great actress, but the character of Sara has never done anything for me.
    Whatever Jorja decides, I wish her the best :)

5. Sushie_Shuakhwe

Sushie_Shuakhwe Hit and Run

I vaguely considered jumping ship when there was an intensely minimal chance Ecklie could be the MCSK. I think I'd definitely consider getting a new ship at least, if Sara ends up going... And, yes, I did mean jump the shark. Ok, I'd get myself a new shark then. I'd be upset, but, I couldn't leave the fandom altogether. Means too much to me.

I agree with you, though, Dragonfly. :) Just like if WP left the show, I do wish her the best with whatever she ends up doing. Even if one option would make me sad.

Ok, I'm going to go and make English notes... Really I am.

6. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I don't know if she is leaving or not, but then I guess that is part of the plan! I mean from the very general episode information above, if we all knew she had signed on for season 8 then there really wouldn't be much tension or expectation for the finale. This way, we will all be left eagerly anticipating it to find out what will happen to Sara and whether she is likely to return! ;)

Really, we will clearly have to just wait and see...They have all been there for 7 years, and all made a 'ton of money', that doesn't necessarily mean that now would be a good time to leave for any of them, it's a strange statement to make really. :lol: I say take it all with a pinch of salt...

I hope they all stay with the show until the end, but I guess it is usually inevitable that someone will leave before then. If she goes, then I wish her the very best in the future, and if she stays that will be great too.

7. SA_Kate_937

SA_Kate_937 Police Officer

No! She cannot leave! I love Jorja Fox and the character that she plays. I am a GSR shipper all the way! I hope that this is only to create hype and make people want to watcht he season finale because I would be depressed for like a week if she left!

And I might have glandular fever... Still waiting for the test results, and that would just make everything so sad and horrible! Why?!?

But I do remember Jorja saying in an interview not so long ago that the whole cast was staying of for Season 8. And I doubt that she would just suddenly decide to quit out of the blue. It would just be too random.

If she does leave *sniffle*, I will be very sad. But I will stil love and cherish her and carry on supporting whatever she does. *breaks down in tears*

But I shall continue with my CSI obsession, because CSI is my life.... *breaths*

Okay, enough of that! Kate. :)

8. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I don't get why some people are so miserable to see her go. Although I'm not a GSR fan, I do like Jorja and according to the article above, it's HER who wants her to leave the show, not TPTB. You'd expect her fans to be supportive and feel happy for her instead of feeling sad for themselves. lol. If it's true that she's leaving, I do wish her the best and hope she'll make an even better career. :)

9. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I agree. Shouldn't they want her to be happy, even if that means leaving the show?

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I've personally never liked Sara Sidle, though I think Jorja is an amazing actress and she's done really well over the course of seven years. It wouldn't wound me so much if she left, but if she does, I wish her the best. ;)

I can imagine that if she were to leave, a lot of people would be upset. Many people have invested so much time in her character and Jorja's performances so I can understand that. However, with any actor/actress leaving a show, people generally tend to go through the stages of death. :lol: (Denial, fear, anger, bargaining, acceptance. :p) I can't speak for all of her fans, but I'll be happy for her if her decision is to leave. :)

11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

If she leaves, it would be a stupid mistake.

Not like I would care, though. I mean, c'mon, I like Jorja, but I'm not liking the way the TPTB are taking her character, and for the last few seasons (second half of season 5), the way Sara has been on the show is just totally different from the way they had in seasons 1 - 4.

But if Jorja is trying to find a better show/movie, I doubt she is going to find one. She is on one of the top shows, and basically, it would be pulling a David Caruso. He tried getting a bigger lead in movies and failed. Much luck to Jorja if she decides to leave, but even more luck to Jorja if she stayes. :lol: Because I'm one of those people right now is just totally not liking her character right now. :rolleyes:

12. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Actually, Jorja has mentioned in lots of interviews how she would like to get into producing and doing more behind the scenes.

I would be very disappointed to see her go because Sara's always been my favorite character, but I would support Jorja either way, because after all it is her decision. But I think anyone who learned that their favorite actor on the show was going to leave would be disappointed, don't you? :eek:

On another note, I'd be confused as to how they were going to play out Sara's disappearance if it turns out Jorja's leaving :confused: Are they going to just have her missing for the remainder of the series or what?? :lol:

Either way, Sara will always be alive in FanfictionLand.

13. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Well I know from experience, that it sucks the fun out of the show for some. :lol: *points to siggy*

^ That's interesting about her 'disappearance'. I was wondering the same about if they're just going to keep her missing forever, lol. It definitely won't appeal to the fans, having no closure for the character. Hopefully they don't do that. :lol:

14. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Aha, but a "disappearance" rather than death leaves an opening for her to come back at a later point if things don't work out in her producing, doesn't it?

I think she has an excellent shot of doing well outside the show; she is an enormously talented actress and I have to say that I started watching the show because I followed her there from ER. But we've also seen the fate of other actors who've tried to leave the series before...

15. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Call me crazy but I have a theory about this. Has anyone thought that maybe she has resigned and the producers are forcing her to keep it confidential in order to fuel speculation about her possibly dying in the finale.

Follow me through the evidence which I think supports my theory.

• Everyone but her have signed for season eight, and there's no compelling reason for her to leave CSI is one of the best and highest rated shows on TV
    • Along with rumors of her leaving we're also getting spoilers involving her being abducted in the finale, maybe it's me but I think these articles and spoilers are completely fake as a red haring to the viewers.

Just something to think about