The Jeff Buckley Thread **Ten Years Gone**

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by everclaire, Apr 23, 2007.

1. everclaire

everclaire Rookie

It's just over a month until the 10-year anniversary of his death, and I'm still mourning.

If anyone shares my infatuation, this would be a nice place to obsess about the man with the angelic voice (and face, let's be honest!

I MISS YOU JEFF! :( :( :(

2. everclaire

everclaire Rookie

Ok, I'll start. What is everyone's favourite Buckley song? Have you heard anything by his Dad, Tim? If so, what did you think?

3. wibble

wibble Corpse

Just a reminder to please not double post - you can edit your original post for up to 24 hours :)

Moving this to Gen TV & Media, as it's music-related.

4. MMForbiddenDonut

MMForbiddenDonut Witness

You have to be kidding me. I mean, I only recently started to listen to some of his music (assuming I am not confusing him with some else, I started to listen to his music after "Hallelujah" was played on an episode of House.) but I was not aware he passed away. That's a shame. He was a very talented man.

5. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I've liked the song Hallelujah after I heard it on Without A Trace. I downloaded it on iTunes after I heard it for the first time and I'll listen to it occasionally if I want to however I don't listen to it much anymore. Otherwise it type of music isn't really my style.

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

So many people have covered that Leonard Cohen song (Hallelujah) but nobody has quite done it as well as Jeff Buckley. Man, the pipes on that guy- he was SO talented. Amazing range and so much heart in his songs. My faves are Last Goodbye, Hallelujah, Lover You Should Have Come Over... Ah, who am I kidding; ALL of Grace was pure genius! :D

And on a side note, the first time (years ago) I heard "Shiver" by Coldplay, I had some serious jeff Buckley flashbacks! :eek: Great song though.

Man, I can't believe it's been 10 years. R.I.P.

7. everclaire

everclaire Rookie

Yeah, I actually love his album, 'sketches'

I am a geek because I have everything he has ever done ;)

3 live albums, Songs to No-One (with gary lucas), grace, and sketches for my sweetheart the drunk.

8. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah, I have Sketches as well. Amazing stuff, but Grace will remain my fave, I think. :)