Marisol Delko/ Alana De LA Garza *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by AlexxWoods, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Re: Marisol Delko/Alana de la Garza - Bring Her Back

NO AT ALL !!

but i`m interested in seeing S4 CSIM without Aerosol character :lol: then the thing would be different, right ?! (i love to live in lie). i have never ever see in my life so awful and soup way to develop some character and relationship agrrr. all of this was like one bad nightmare not only for me, but for the most Miami fans. if Aerosol character was leave to be only Eric background story line i can live with it (on first look it was interesting). or if Aerosol was something like the previous H love interesitng (Yelina, Rebeca, S4 prosecutor lady) - beautiful, smart woman and not in last place have any chemestry with H, i won`t feel so disappoint form S4... but the whole H/Aerosol garbage was so rush, horrible etc. the only thing that make me happy is that she die before some S4 spoilers for possible baby come true :lol:

2. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

YES!!!!! Bring back SPEED, :devil: Hurry. :devil: :devil:

That' would be So Rock.

If you check out my story Rampage continues, you will see I brought her back from the dead :lol:. But to bring her back to the show, "NO" The only one "H" needs is Calleigh. :D

*And me of course* :devil:

3. SwanSwan_H

SwanSwan_H Police Officer

A very definite NO! It was bad enough sitting through that dreadful storyline the first time around.

4. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

i did like Marisol, but she lacked what a good character needs.

YES!!!! I'm with you on that one!!!! THEY NEED TO BRING SPEED BACK!!!! Speed was the best!! I just loved his smart ass comments and the oh so sexy, scruffy bad boy look :D
    if the brought him back that would make an awesome plot twist!!! but, i don't think Rory would comply with that but then again who knows!! they should do that in like the S6 opener or something!!

5. lieueitak

lieueitak Hit and Run

A lot of people over the past few weeks have brought up Miami's believability (or lack there of). Nothing on TV is "real" - normal families don't solve all their problems in 22 minutes, most people don't go to a deserted island to compete for a million dollars, etc. Even the news isn't precisely real, as what you see on the news is edited material, handpicked from millions of other stories for viewership. But one of the fundamental rules for all television is "you must keep your viewer's interest."

And, believe it or not, producers and writers understand that people will only grant you so much fantasy. It's something called "the suspension of disbelief" - how much will the audience take before they say, "that's too far-fetched" and turn off the channel. With a show like "Lost," for instance, obviously the returning audience will allow for a lot more fantasy than what is allowed on say, CSI:Miami.

Why? Because Lost set itself up in a manner that said, "pretty much anything can happen." Miami is clearly NOT real police work, but their violations of reality are ones most people can live with. For instance, solving a crime in 44 minutes - that's unheard of, unless someone outright confesses, in the real world, but all fans of the CSIs have at least accepted this as one of the aspects of the show.

Horatio leaving his keys in his car is probably another. My take, at least, would be you'd have to be an idiot to steal a police car. But bringing Marisol back from the dead? That would be, as others have said, just too unbelievable.

Yes, they brought Ray back from the dead. That's probably a reason not to bring Marisol back. Besides, unlike Ray, we saw her body. And we saw Eric and Horatio go through some serious grieving over it. I'm not a huge fan of the whole "let's go to Brazil to kill Riaz" storyline, but nothing would make that episode more worthless than bringing her back. It would take all the power out of it, especially if they were aware that she wasn't dead (ala witness protection). So even if I really liked Marisol, I'd have to say no.

I guess if the show had set itself up in this way, she could have been/could be hired for flashbacks and dream sequences, but Miami isn't that kind of show, and it would feel extremely disjointed if we suddenly got to see their dreams and such.

6. sarakanne

sarakanne Dead on Arrival

O.K. everyone. What would the CSI:Miami producers need to do to reprise Alana de la Garza's role as Marisol and make everyone happy? Suggestions are more than welcome.

7. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I'd lieueitak pretty much got it, with yes shows can be unrealistic but how unrealistic depends on the show. sarakanne can I ask why you're so invested in trying to find a way to bring her back. I can't figure out your motives, are you a show writer or producer who's trying to gauge fan reaction or is this for something completely different?

You might as well admit why you're trying this hard to bring Marisol back from the dead.

8. sarakanne

Lieuietak: You're kidding, right? Do you really contend that a thief would pass up a Hummer with the keys in it because it was a police vehicle? That would have to be one high minded, moral thief. Somehow, I don't think that a criminal would be that picky when it comes to a Hummer.

9. sarakanne

Thanks to all of you for your responses concerning the possible reprisal of the role of Marisol Delko played by Alana de la Garza. Stay tuned.

10. Laci Caine

Laci Caine Prime Suspect

Can you just hang it up please? Alot of people did NOT like her character and the role that she played last season. She's not coming back.

11. lieueitak

lieueitak Hit and Run

Don't misquote me, lol. I didn't say no one would steal it. I said you'd have to be an idiot to steal it. Police cars are easily spotted because, after all, they are marked as such. And more than that, a lot police cars and such these days have GPS trackers on them. If not, one could track the radio signal from the radio each cop car has back to the location of the stolen car. Most importantly, unlike a regular car theft, stealing a police car would be of a much higher priority because there might a weapon in the car or a chance that the thief would impersonate a cop.

So I'm not saying NO ONE would ever steal a car. Just that he/she would be a moron to do so because they would be easily caught. Make sense?

I'd have to say that about sums it up. Even if she were a very popular character, the show would have to really go off the deep end and make HUGE changes in order for that to happen. And I really doubt that the producers would be willing to do all that just to bring back a character that only a small portion of Miami fans liked.

12. Marisol

Marisol Civilian

It's horrible what happened to her. Why the most human people does not survive in Miami?! :confused:

13. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Because it's TV, and when the writers decide to write someone off, as human as they might be, they get written off. They decided to kill Marisol, they did. She's not coming back. We saw her die. IF she survived we would've seen it. Doctors didn't even come in when she died, she couldn't have been saved.

14. HC_4_my_birthday

HC_4_my_birthday Lab Technician

No way and why

Because i didn't like her character and the csncer storyline was so unredlistic she did not even look sick

I am say this because i was a carer for someone who had cancer and was on the same treatment as Marisol.

I did not like the character of Marisol she was a poor substitute foe Horatio's true love The fact Marisol had cancer. the way they played that made her seem weak and needy
    (punked comp kid)

15. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

Good news! Law and Order has been renewed, and Dick Wolf has pledged to keep the cast "cosmetically" the same. Here's hoping they keep ADLG on the show - she did a great job with Connie's closing argument on Friday's episode. Lots of energy and passion in that! It certainly proved she can act - the Aerosol character was just poorly written.