Flack # 7 - Everybody Loves A Hero

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kinkapoodles, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimplyBlue

SimplyBlue Police Officer

Lol it's probably the last thing a guy wants to hear about his ever-so manly support for his favorite sports team, but I'll say it anyways, "Awww, how cute." :lol:

The little video clip was entertaining. While I'm not an avid follower of hockey, I hope the Rangers do well enough so his pride isn't battered too much. :) :rolleyes:

2. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Thanks for the link, jorja!

I'd read one of his entries but thoght it was a one-time thing, didn't know he had this whole blog. It's refreshing to find a TV star that not only shares his opinions but knows how to do it and writes extrememly well. I could see some of Flack in those snarky comments. ;)

And the pictures are cool, not to mention recent (the video with the cup? Priceless. :lol:).

3. penguinpie

penguinpie Prime Suspect

And by the time we see him, he's fully recovered and happy to be back at work - poking around murder victims. Bit of a strange puppy, our Flack. I do wish we'd seen him at least a bit before. A bored, cranky Flack would have been fun, though not to innocent bystanders. :lol:

Sadly true, although with the penchant for soap opera the writers have displayed on occassion this season, perhaps we should be grateful.

Agreed and I think, judging from some of the spoilers, we may get to see a little of that played out onscreen. He's good at watching and listening to people and I don't think he misses much.

Welcome to the thread! :)

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Eddie's blog is too cute. I knew he was pretty into the Rangers, but it's funny to see him blog about them! Awww, he's a fanboy. :lol:

I think there's going to be some good stuff coming up for Flack. I love the on-going tension with Mac that's really manifested this season and has cropped up several times--over Truby and over Hawkes getting arrested when Flack sympathized with Mac but sided with his captain. Good stuff, and Eddie really knocks it out of the park. I love the zest with which he approaches the role. Eddie always gives 110%, and it definitely shows!

5. athens

athens Coroner

I'm kind of new to the Eddie/Flack threads,so hello! :cool:!..I always liked his character but when I watched 'What shemes may come''I don't know I really enjoyed his presence in the whole episode..That Flack I like to see :p..And I watched again some episodes from season one that have more Flack -I think!-from the last few episodes I've seen in this season!..So,time to come here more often!! ;)

6. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

I love Eddie's blog, even if I have no idea about hockey.

About the next episodes and Flack, I think we're going to see some aspects from Flack we've never seen. When it was revelated Truby was responsable of the guy's death in Consequences, even after the talk in prison whith the man he arrested, he was doubtful and reticent about arresting one of his men, because, in part, Truby break the confidence he has in the people that work with him. What most worried him was the consequences in the cases Truby worked, getting guilty people back in the streets. Or at least, that is what it seems.

As it has been said before, Flack has to have everything under control. When Mac told him one of his men was responsable of that murder, for him that was impossible, because that means he did't have the control over the situation; someone did some underground work and he did't even realised until it was too late. Maybe what hurts more for Flack is the fact that Mac, who he considered his friend, broke his control because he was aware of that problem before he really noticed there was one.

I think in the next episodes, after the real consequences come, we're going to see a different Flack, cause he have to mend his confidence not just with Mac (I don't think their relationship have been the same since then), and also have to rebuilt his own control.

7. penguinpie

penguinpie Prime Suspect

Damn Australian television! :mad: We're only up to the 4th episode, so it's going to be about a month before I can actually see this episode. The less said about the finale the better. Aaargh!

I think you may be on to something there, Mayte. The control thing is definitely a part of Flack's personality (hell, probably most cops' personalities). He wouldn't like thinking that he'd missed something so crucial, especially when it was right under his nose.

And that's completely aside from ingrained beliefs in cop solidarity. Coming from a family of cops would really drive that point home.

Yeah, for all the snarky cynicism, Flackie is a bit of an idealist, at least about some things. He'd have a lot of trouble understanding the fact that someone would betray the badge like that and not give a damn about the repercussions. Still, it might make him a little bit wiser.

8. everclaire

everclaire Rookie

aha, but snarky, cranky Flack is a sexy Flack.

9. ka990

ka990 Police Officer

Yes it does! I love seeing him as Flack - for me he is definitely the best on the show. I think it's great he's got his own blog although I also have no idea about ice hockey! :( I went to see a couple of games a few years ago but unfortunately was totally lost!

Any news re your next interview with Eddie, Top? I know you said it would be either the end of this season or beginning of next. Don't forget to ask about the "P"! Will it be in person again, and if so, can I come?! *looks at Top hopefully* ;)

10. flacksgirl

flacksgirl Hit and Run

Thanks for the blog link. I am a huge hockey fan.
    I am glad that the Rangers made it through only because it made Eddie happy. Unfortunately if they play NJ, Eddie's right, they are in trouble. Broduer is hot right now. They just beat a strong Lightning team.

GO STARS!!!!
    Game seven on Monday.

But since this is the Flack thread and not the hockey thread let me just say that this weeks episode will be a good one for Flack. I can't wait to see how Mac reacts when Flack is the one who is saving his a** after all the crap the he has given Flack in the past.

GO STARS!!!

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

No news on the interview. It would be a little too soon after the chat I think. :)

Go Stars? I don't know who they are, but I have a feeling anything but "Go Rangers!" in Eddie's thread would not please him... :lol:

12. Nick_Wolfe_Danny

Nick_Wolfe_Danny Police Officer

I feel sry for Eddie cuz the Rangers are out for the stanley cup:( wich totally bumbed me out, i mean i may live in B.C. but i love the rangers.

13. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Um, I believe the Rangers advanced to the second round of the playoffs. Or else Eddie has become delusional in his hockey blog.

14. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

^ :lol: Yep, that's right. The other NY team, the Islanders, are out. Eddie's beloved Rangers will take on the Eastern Conference champs, the Buffalo Sabres, which is another NY team if I'm not mistaken.

That being said I'm glad Eddie was chosen to do a blog on his favourite team. I love his comments & photos.

As much as I love Eddie I refuse to support the Rangers :lol:. It's Canucks all the way :D.

15. Nick_Wolfe_Danny

Nick_Wolfe_Danny Police Officer

oh oops!! sry!!
    hey Jorja Fan did you see the Canucks game last night!! it almost brought a tear!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.