Season 7 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion & Posting - Part 4

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

I hope they rewrite the ending...cause it sounds a bit far fetched...Natalie having an issue with bleach...understandable...then going after sara who doesn't use bleach is just a ruse for GSR angst...which is retarded. I hope they rewrite this big time.

2. annafred

annafred Civilian

Is YTDAW down for good? Does anyone know?

3. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

I don't know if YTDAW is down for good. They were contacted by CBS' lawyer asking them to take down their spoilers.

In a post by one of the people who post the spoilers said "Spoilers will never be posted the same here again" which to me sounds like they will use the tid-bits The Futon Critic uses if they ever decide to allow spoilers again.

It's probably for the best anyway :p It's hard to stay away from there :p

4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Maybe TPTB should be going after the ones who leaked the info in the first place, not those who post the leaked info. I just hope they stay away from us.

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

This is why we have that rule about anything regarding scripts and sides should be done in ones own words and not to copy and or copy/paste any parts of it, descripts work just as well. We are debating if it wouldn't be wise to edit any post that carries any part of the scripts recently posted. Normally they would contact us and ask for it to be removed, but with the rule, and the crack down on other sites I would rather not have to have them do so.

Usually if you credit places its not a problem and most usually if you are using your own words to describe the scene rather then post it as per the script then there is no problem.

6. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Well, I'm crossing my fingers in hope that they will make some changes then... sorry to anyone who likes the current idea, but it does absolutely nothing for me... :(

7. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

They were the ones who leaked it in the first place, as far as I know.. I could be wrong.

I hope they stay away from us too (in general). I'd hate for that kind of trouble to come here.

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Well it (trouble) shouldn't come here, the partial lines from the script that were posted a couple pages back have been edited out. Back on those the person stated the script had been stolen and they gained a copy of it. Even typing out the lines on ones own it is still considered a Copywrite violation.

Before anyone asks how using the Futon critic doesn't do that, that is because of three reasons, 1). We give them full credit (including a link to their site) for the info. 2). because of the fact that they aren't using line by line from the script but a descript of the ep. 3). We have been using them for a couple years now in this form and they have not asked us to stop at any point. If they were to then we would, or we would then type out our own descript using them as a guide for the ep.

Everyone can breath now we should be totally safe. But I want to even though I know I don't have to remind people that "Spoilers are not a guarentee of what will happen but rather a speculation of what could (might) happen, and should be considered rumor until it airs as the show airing is the only considered Fact". ;)

9. bine

bine Prime Suspect

Destiny:

I also think that this is the main problem. I was a little surprised that we got so many spoilers for the finale this year and I was even more surprised to see that YTDAW posted whole scenes from the script.
    So, I think it was just a matter of time that this happened. I'm sure that TPTB have some spies around the internet to check out some boards, I mean if I would make a TV series I would put on some people to watch the message boards and other fan sites.

10. vexus

vexus Pathologist

I wonder how much of the spoilers for the finale is true? The writers may be throwing us off a bit with them.

11. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

I dont know, i dont usually believe in spoiler 100% but the CSI guys are tricky. It's like with the picutre at their site last year. They had all of these pointless clues in there just trying to throw us off.

12. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Reading all these spoilers makes me wanna see that episode and I am soo dying for season 8!
    If Jorja would just say she signed up or not

13. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

And even then, people can be in complete denial ;-)

14. Veze

Veze Rookie

Did you ever consider that the full "leak/script stollen/detailed spoilers" thing might be a planned "incident" to promote the season finaly.

Maybe it's just me but I find the whole thing a little to much to be true.

15. Wynterblue

Wynterblue Dead on Arrival

I agree, this whole thing is a little hard to swallow. The mods at YTDAW said they would only post what was made public. The info from Futon Critic, the Aussielo stuff, the sides. And that's what they did. No inside info, no mention of contracts. Then they say they get a letter/phone call from CBS' lawyers and are forced to close their spoiler thread. I figured other sites that have snippets of the sides and sites that have the sides posted would also be affected. But none of the other sites are. :confused:
    I think the details in the sides are the real thing, I think the drama about lawyers and what not was fabricated to premote the finale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.