Does 'Most Watched' equal 'The Best'? **NO SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by ThumpyG42, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Juma

Juma Police Officer

I still think it's a very good show, but "the best"? NO. I have a feeling that the quality is slowly going downhill. I love the case centered eps, and I can also accept some minor soap opera, but with Eric getting shot, I really had a jump the shark feeling.

The only thing saving it was AR's low key freaking excellent performance.

I SO DON'T LIKE the upcoming C kisses E story line. She's kissing Nat's ex. NOT GOOD. I realise he's supposedly a changed an matured man after his sister's death and getting shot ( and I again applaud AR's performance here) but c'mon! This is the guy basically skipping out of a relationship by sellling Natalia to Ryan a few months back. It makes Calleigh look bad, which is a fact I really hate.

AND I'd like to see Horatio do some footwork, not just standing around......

edited by mod to add spoiler code

2. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

Juma...I specifically asked that no spoilers regarding upcoming storylines be discussed in this thread, I even placed a "NO SPOILERS" tag in the thread title.

I've edited in the spoiler code for you.

btw...I'm glad everyone likes the thread. :)

3. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Hm. Well, I love CSI: Miami, no doubt about that...but best show? I don't know, I love the characters, the plots, the storylines...but it doesn't engage me, get meon the edge of my seat, doesn't make me squee every few seconds and forget I'm not really there.

And, there are other shows that do that to me. Well, one other. *points to icon* I feel so there, so into the plot and like everythging's at stake when it is in the show. It makes me nuts when I miss an episode, it takes over my evening and I have to hear everything. I get to into the show, and CSI: Miami doesn't do this for me. So, all in all, no, CSI: Miami is not IMO, the best show on TV. It's the second best. Smallville takes first place. :p

4. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

In opinion Miami may be the best show on tv and in opinion it may be the worst. I don't think that there is a best show. There are shows that everyone seems to love that I could care less about. For me, Miami is one of the best and I find Ugly Betty one of the best, too.

5. Juma

Juma Police Officer

oooooooooooooooooops. sorry. *hides under blanket*

6. Annwn

Annwn Rookie

I've scanned through the posts trying to find the one that had a really valid point, that is that the rest of the world is various series behind the US, so they're getting the 'best' of the episodes, and are therefore watching it in great numbers. But, will they continue to watch if they consider the quality is falling? If foreign networks do not take up options, it will not be long before it is no longer the most watched programme in the world.

7. MiamiGal

MiamiGal Victim

I don't post here much but couldn't resist this thread! Interesting Topic!

Most Watched - does not equal The Best imo
    I'm sorry but I missed the earliest years. So I can't imagine why it's the most watched! But then again - wasn't Bay Watch up there back in the day? Not exactly Emmy winning quality there either!

The 'drama' that happens to these characters is meaningless fluff. People who get shot or nailed, bounce back the next eppy, Moles get rewarded...in my opinion it detracts instead of adds to the show....etc..
    The color schemes are annoying not to mention cleavage and heels for pounding the beat!! lol (perhaps they'll wear bathing suits next year?)
    It just seems campy to me and often insults my intelligence. It's nice to know it was good once and so many remain faithful to the hope it'll get better again. Maybe that explains why it hasn't fallen off faster. - I know the key demographic of 18-49 has fallen this year.
    I've pretty much given up on it.