Marisol Delko/ Alana De LA Garza *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by AlexxWoods, Jan 10, 2006.

1. sarakanne

sarakanne Dead on Arrival

Re: Marisol Delko/Alana de la Garza - Bring Her Back

Okay, whatever about the hair--on Law & Order, it appears to be a wig. In any event, she'll need to grow that hair back out if CBS tries to re-sign her after Law & Order is not renewed.

Anyone else interested in seeing the Marisol character make a come back on CSI: Miami?

2. ForgottnEvidence

ForgottnEvidence Police Officer

Wow! She looks very beautiful in those pics!!! Thankies for sharing them, HoratioStalker!!!

I also agree with you, Jenn. I don't think the writers did any justice to her role as Marisol in CSI:Miami.

Also, as mentioned before, to bring her "back from the dead" when Horatio and almost all of us CSI:Miami fans would be the "slap" I need to tell me to "Stop watching the show."

Now, I know CSI:Miami isn't realistic, which is one reason I love it, but to have someone who everyone saw die, somehow live, it's just...not right.

But that is totally my opinion.

~~Ally

3. sarakanne

You would only stop watching for a few episodes, have severe withdrawal and start watching it again. It's the most popular show in the entire world. Viewers obviously don't care about "realism" where this show is concerned. There have been numerous reports that quite a bit of the crime scene investigative work is embellished. Real CSI's don't carry guns and they don't wear badges. Also, it takes weeks for DNA results to come back to a lab--not an hour like it is portrayed on this show. So, to bring a "dead" character back to life, would not really be that much of a stretch.

4. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

You're welcome, forgottnevidence!

As to bringing MDC back as a character, it seems pushing the envelope of even CSI:M to do that. I could see it if they were trying to make it where if she was to be hidden from the Mala Noches that her death could be faked, but to have her die with H sitting at her bedside, and then Eric coming to see her, it just can't be plausible to bring her back. Perhaps if she "died" without her family being able to see her and then she could be squirreled away, a la Alex Cabot on SVU, then I could see it, but the show made such a point of showing her death, it seems impossible to undo that. Hopefully my post makes sense and is not too rambling.

5. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

if they bring Alana back it could be as a different character but bringing her back form the dead is freaky!!
    i mean we saw horatio at her grave and she died in the hospital

6. sarakanne

As I write this, I am watching CSI Miami. David Caruso just pulled up in the Hummer to arrest someone in a nearby building. He got out and left the keys in the Hummer. A police office leaving the keys in a $75,000 vehicle and walking off. Now that's realistic! Not!!

The point I am trying to make is that it appears that Law & Order will not be renewed. If that happens, Alana de la Garza may be looking for work. If she is, then maybe CBS would consider re-casting her as Marisol. Who cares how the writers get her back in the show. The viewers don't care about unrealistic plots or they would have given up on this show years ago.

7. Laci Caine

Laci Caine Prime Suspect

You're kidding, right? There is no way she is coming back. Her character is dead.

As for Law and Order, its been on for years, and as far as I know, it will be renewed.

8. sarakanne

Laci, You might want to get a copy of yesterday's USA Today and read the article about Law & Order. NBC needs to make some cutbacks and according to this article, Law & Order may not be renewed. In all likelihood, Fred Thompson is going to run for president, so none of the episodes that he appears in can be shown due to the "equal time" rule. Alana de la Garza also appears in those episodes.

9. Laci Caine

Laci Caine Prime Suspect

To qoute you 'may not be renewed' that's not finalized. But I should say that she won't be back on CSI Miami. Her character has been written off.

10. sarakanne

Laci, are you connected in any way with the production of CSI: Miami. I was just wondering where you would get such definitive information like "her character has been written off." What is the source for this information? Just curious, thanks.

11. Laci Caine

Laci Caine Prime Suspect

No.

I'm just restating what I said in my previous post. Her character was killed off. Which, usually means that the character isn't coming back.

12. sarakanne

Well then, if you are not officially connected with the show, then anything can happen. Just because they killed her off last season, certainly does not mean that the character is definitively gone. CSI: Miami is television fiction and anything can happen on t.v. including bringing a character back from the dead. Same thing with Law & Order, NBC does not have to renew the show next season. But that doesn't mean that they won't bring it back in the future. I do not consider anything definitive with CSI Miami unless it comes from the show's producers.

The point of this thread was to test the waters, so to speak, and see if there was any interest in seeing Alana de la Garza reprise the role of Marisol if Law & Order is not renewed next season.

13. Calihan

Calihan Captain

sarakanne I'd like to ask you something. Are you working for the show trying to gauge fan's potential reactions to bringing Marisol back. Because if you're not then how can you really say that anything's possible and that we really don't know anytyhing when you really don't know anything more than we do.

14. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

In a word, no.

As Thumpy stated earlier, her character and storyline was so poorly written. She entirely lacked any kind of substance in my opinion. Not to mention that bringing another character back from the dead (after Raymond) would be utterly ridiculous, even by Miami's far-fetched standards.

15. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Oh please no!!!! I survived s4 just by telling myself she was gonna die at the end of the season!

I mean if they want to bring someone back from the dead, bring back Speed!