If You Were A CSI, What Would You Have "Issues" With?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by ThumpyG42, Jun 1, 2005.

1. IheartTogo

IheartTogo Hit and Run

i would have a issues with some bugs but not all bugs

2. SimplyBlue

SimplyBlue Police Officer

I can handle quite a bit -- I've done the morgue, the body farm, and eat dinner while watching open heart surgery on TLC. I cannot for the life of me handle vomit. I can't watch my own dog vomit let alone get enough gumption to clean it up. I've done it a couple times and either threw up myself or gagged throughout the entire process.

Man, I'd be contaminating scenes left and right.

3. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

OMG no way! Me too! :lol: Seriously!

BTW, i would love to go to the body farm sometime. :D

Blood, gore, sick smells, bring it on. Yes, even the odor of expired milk. :lol: Only thing that would bother me would be the emotion of the case. This is where i relate to Horatio. If some child was murdered or raped, i would only stay on the case so i could catch him/her in the end and threaten them myself. Or harm.

4. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Same here. From years of watching CSI, surgery shows (the coolest) real hospital-based shows and dramas, and the many uber-bloody injuries that comes with being an athlete, I've gotten over any fear I might have had of blood, gore, innards, brain matter...you name it. I'd have problems with the constant worry for my own and my colleague's lives, and the emotional stress that comes with it. Every case I'd feel myself wishing I had done this or thinking I could have helped more if I'd done _____. That'd be the hardest for me, though I bet eventually I'd come to realize that I couldn't do everything right and couldn't solve every case, and I'd have less trouble with it.

5. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Definitely anything to do with children...Just the thought makes me uneasy...obviously a death......but sexual abuse of a child is just plain out WRONG and that would be my primary issue!!

6. ericisacutie

ericisacutie Lab Technician

Well, one I wouldn't be able to work along side Greg Danny or Ryan, that would get to me... :lol: But really anything that has to do with children or some times pluke, ewwwwww.

7. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

What gets to me the most is dealing with the families and trying to remain professional when you feel like the biggest shmuck in the world that you are on their doorstep delivering the most horrible news they will ever hear. I feel so badly for them, but it also hurts to know that most times the one image they have to dwell on and take all their anger out on is the one of me standing there telling them such horrid news. You want to scream at the fact that you, in a sense, just ruined their lives.

8. Angelique

Angelique Victim

Hmmmmm tough question. I am a person with a very strong puke and gag reflex so I think I would be kissing the white "throne" from 10 to 10 min. First of all I can't stand maggots and decay smell. Makes me ill for days. The blood is... ALMOST ok, as for the inner body parts, I don't have a problem. After all when I cook I see all kinds of meat and their inner parts...
    The terrain work would be pretty hard for me to handle, but I think the lab thing would bore me at a certain point.
    I've seen dead people, I touched them, so their cold skin won't bug me too much.
    I would choose terrain work. And lots of plastic bags and anti vomiting pills, probably. :p :D

9. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

Well, I worked as a nurse for a little while and now I am still working in health care so I guess I've seen pretty much everything coming from anywhere when it comes to a human body..

I do get sick when people start throwing up and I am confronted with the vomit but as long as I breath through my mouth and not my nose, I'll manage

10. nuttynickyxx

nuttynickyxx Witness

for me it would be either the smell or bugs, if i had to choose 1 i'd say bugs!

11. jcole03

jcole03 Victim

i have just thought of one more thing that i would be able to handel, i couldn't do any of the things in court

12. MORGANSTARR

MORGANSTARR Prime Suspect

i could handle everything accept for one thing really

dead bodies dont bother me...seen too many (k that sounds weird! it's not what you think lol )

blood....really doesn't bother me...i love blood!

:lol:

erm....bugs and stuff dont bother me...i go camping and countryside walks too much!

proper horrible mutilations would be okay i guess

babies...i could handle to an extent

but the one thing that does me that i cant do...is VOMIT!

:yukky!: