Eric/Ryan Slash--Unresolved Tension

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax CSI Level One

Hey guys! *waves* :D

Still remember me? I feel like I haven't been here in ages, and I've missed so much. So, what's up and what's new?

On a side note, I've noticed that we're less than 90 posts before we could start a second thread! Isn't that exciting? Should we start brainstorming now about what the name of our next thread title should be? I have nothing to offer right now, so sorry. :( But you guys can think about it some. We still have time. ;)

At any rate, I should've done this when I posted it, but I didn't have the time and forgot to do it then. But for those of you who didn't know, I recently updated my fic, WCWS. Chapter 13 has been up, and there really is only one chapter left. *sighs with relief* Here's the link to Chapter 13 on my LJ: http://shadowfax27.livejournal.com/18229.html#cutid1

Okay, back OT, That scene in "Deviant" was one of the best scenes ever! Even though you could sense the tension between them, I'd like to believe that they were each testing the waters to see where the other is in the relationship spectrum: Is he available? Is he dating? Is he looking? Etc... I find it so cool how men could fish for information in a roundabout way that wouldn't "out" them completely just in case. Does that make sense? Anyway, that's just my take on it. Later and Peace out! :D

2. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

Welcome, TheSylvanLady! :D Good to have you here! You're so right about how Eric and Ryan seem to always wear similar clothing... once upon a time I even started to make a screencap collection of their outfits in each episode... it was pretty amusing. My favourite example is from "Three-Way" where they both wore a nearly identical shade of maroon...

Gazing into each other's eyes...
    Ryan's totally checking out Eric's ass

3. TheSylvanLady

TheSylvanLady Victim

OMG OMG OMG lmao :lol:! I wish Calleigh hadn't been in the elevator. The boys would have been all over each other :D! And Ryan was SO checking out Eric's ass! ^___^ You have made my day with those caps ;)

4. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

there was a really good moment but i can't remember what ep it's from....it's when they are reading the blog and here's how it sorta went....

Ryan: the Hardy Boys....i guess that's us....were just here the guys are bummed but the girls are really axcited because one of them looks like Arod.....*he punches Eric playfully* hey Arod....
    Eric: yeah i get that all the time..
    Ryan: really. never Ricky Martin?
    Eric:(slightly annoyed) no....
    Ryan: really???
    Eric:*reads the rest of the blog* and the other looks like Jake "Gill-en-hall"..
    Ryan: actually it's "Jill-en-hall" he's a big movie star..
    Eric: (smiling) so that explains the movie star getup..
    Ryan: actually it's the eyes.. i get it all the time..

it went sorta something like that..but it was such a fun moment between them!!!!!! and Ryan was so totally checking out Eric's fine sexy ass....and the eye gazing..it may look like anger on the outside but it's sooooo love on the inside. thier expaessions are like "i don't want to be mad at you but sometimes........."

5. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Season 4 episode 413 Silencer. :)

So everyone has noticed that the boys wear the same color a lot. I'm noticing the times they don't. I'm thinking they had a fight the night before so they went to their seperate places to think, go to work to make up. :) The next day they are wearing the same color. ;)

6. SwiftTales

SwiftTales Lab Technician

You know, I was just wandering, we've been talking about Ryan trying to make Eric jealous with Natalia and the other way around, but how would they actually react when they were jealous and fed up with seeing the other with someone else?

For example, how would Eric react if he found out that Ryan and Natalia (or Valera, or Calleigh, or Erica Sykes, or whoever we know)had sex or something? Would he react the same way he would react if he found out that Ryan was seeing another man?

And how would Ryan react to Eric having a fling with someone from the lab, (Natlia, Valera, Calleigh, etc.) How would Ryan react? And would he react differently if Eric had a fling with a man?

How would the boys truly react if they were jealous of someone because they ran off with their man?

7. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Hm, interesting question.

I think it depends with which person Ryan or Eric is together and how serious the relationship is.

For example, one of them is together with Calleigh. I don't think that Calleigh would have ever a one night stand with anyone from the lab. she knows it wouldn't be good for the lab and she does everything that the lab doesn't lose credit.
    So, the relationship would be a serious one.
    I think both of them would respect that and would suffer silently. Calleigh is a friend to both of them and so the other one wouldn't do anything to break them apart. :(
    I think it would be the same with any other person from the lab and both of them would react so.

If the person is unknow it would be different.
    Eric would try to find out everything about the other and would try to find a black spot and would wait that the person makes a mistake.
    and Eric would slap Ryan for sleeping with someone like Erica Sikes. :lol:

Ryan would again suffer silently and his heart would break into thousand pieces. :(

8. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

ha ha i so agree!! I can picture Eric doing that!!! slapping him for sleeping with erika..he he it put's funny images into my head ...Eric slapping Ryan ha ha. although i think ryan may enjoy getting slapped by eric. epecially if it's on the ass :D :devil:

9. TheSylvanLady

TheSylvanLady Victim

Knowing those two though, Eric would probably not say anything and brood about it (if Ryan were dating someone that wasn't Eric), thereby creating even more tension between him and Ryan (and we all do love the tension!). If it were Eric who was dating someone, Ryan would probably tease him about it at every opportunity until he pisses Delko off so badly that Eric has to shove him up against a locker (or any available hard surface lol!) and play tonsil hockey with Ryan to shut him up.

10. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

Ooooh! If they were together, I think that Eric would be the most likely of the two to cheat. He's so used to girl after girl. My theory on that is that he doesn't really want a girl - he wants Ryan. But if Eric slept with someone else while they were together, Ryan would be more hurt than jealous, I think.

Ryan might sleep with someone else as a reaction to something that Eric did - like if they had a really big fight. I can't see him as being anything less than faithful otherwise. And he'd feel terrible about it afterwards.

If they weren't together and one of them was having a relationship, the other would certainly be jealous! Maybe enough to provoke the jealous one to go after a relationship. But I still think that Ryan, even if he were as jealous as hell, would feel like he had no right to be jealous - he doesn't own Eric, right? And that would cause fights, and maybe he'd lose his control eventually and blurt out how he felt. And Eric might respond to that...

Noooo! Another bunny! Go away! Grrr! I just can't stop, can I?

ETA - the start of this post might not follow on from what you guys were discussing before. My brain is sleep-deprived and full of cold. I'm rambling. Ignore me.

11. SwiftTales

SwiftTales Lab Technician

I think you have a very valid point, Ali

I think that Ryan would probably be the one who might not really react to his jealous feelings, while I think that Eric would probably experience possessiveness along with jealousy (I got a feeling it's kinda strangled together with Eric)

Now with the cheating part, yes, Eric would probably be the most likely one to cheat on Ryan, since, like you said, he's used to girls after girls.

I think it would take something very major to have Ryan cheat on Eric, on anyone actually. He values honesty and loyalty and stuff like that and he wouldn't cross any borders he's set for himself.

What I think, actually, is most of the probable scenarios in which they get together is that Eric gets jealous because Ryan is flirting with someone, finally gets fed up with it and decides to do something about :p I don't why, but it seems fitting somehow

12. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

i never knew that there was a thread for eric and ryan!
    well if eric and calleigh get together i think that ryan will be jealouse but happy for them IMO
    but ryan will be lonley:(

13. TheSylvanLady

TheSylvanLady Victim

OMG I totally agree, Swifttales! Eric would HAVE to do something about Ryan and his (to Ryan) totally oblivious flirting with just about every girl at the lab. And Eric would bring it to Ryan's attention in the only way Eric knows how: through a big fight and some hot make-up sex after!!!!!! ;)

14. CHIAWOLFE

CHIAWOLFE Hit and Run

yeah........Recently Eric's attitude to Ryan really made me pissed :mad:,but Ryan is always thoughtful to him. :lol:
    I really miss the hardy boys. :rolleyes:

15. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

When Ryan walked in on Eric and Natalia in Silencer, his expression was so exasperated. He just sighed and walked away. Probably because he knew he wouldn't get any sense out of Eric right then. Maybe he thought he couldn't compete with Natalia. :(

I suspect that Eric feels vulnerable after his shooting, and is being confrontational to hide it. Poor Ryan seems to bear the brunt of that. I'm pleased to see that he doesn't bite back. Surely Eric will finally see that Ryan loves him? :rolleyes:

I wanted to post a pic today. I might have posted this one before, but I love the way that Ryan's looking at Eric here. COTC is one of the episodes of S5 where they're really getting on.

[​IMG]

I don't know what they're talking about. Maybe the little coffin?

BTW, we need to start thinking about the next thread, don't we? I like the title that someone came up with a while ago. "Soooo doing it!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.