Get Oprah To Promote Hill Harper's Book

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Aug 26, 2006.

1. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

It's been 6 months since this thread last saw love. :eek: That sucks hard. This is a worthy project and I'd love love love to see Hill and his book get a little recognition from Oprah. That kind of exposure would be invaluable to spreading his message of education and responsibility to not only the young black community, but to everyone.

If you haven't written to Oprah yet, please take a minute. And if you have written her about this already, write AGAIN. Please.

EDIT: Props to Fay for watching Oprah and thinking of the man. :D

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Thanks for bumping this thread, MrsG--I didn't even remember that there was a thread. :)

*goes to think of something to write*

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Hill's book would be a perfect fit for Oprah and would be perfect for her audience to give to their sons, brothers, nephews, etc.

BTW, does anybody know anything about a paperback release for the book? It's been about a year since it was published, so it should be out in paperback soon...

4. devildoll

devildoll Hit and Run

According to Amazon, the paperback edition will be released on April 19, 2007, yay the day after tomorrow!!

5. Top41

^Awesome! I feel all psychic for asking that now. :lol: Anyways, that's great. It's time to do a push for the paperback edition then!

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

:lol: Yeah, I noticed that it said April '07 for the paperback when I was surfing a few minutes ago. :p I was trying to figure out if it was definite that Hill was writing the companion book for young women, or if that was just wishful thinking still. Do you guys know? I'd love to make a little mention in my wee-letter to Oprah if he is writing it. :D

I've got most of my letter written out, and I think it's pretty okay. :lol:

7. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Dear Oprah,

Several months ago, I emailed you to talk about Hill Harper's book, Letters to a Young Brother. On re-reading, the book is even more compelling in its message to young African-American men, but given the events of the last couple of weeks surrounding Don Imus, it's become even more important that we highlight the book.

Hill talks to young men about respect, and respect is one of the reasons why this time, there was an enormous backlash against more of the same from Imus.

I gave my 19-year-old brother a copy of this book last year, and he doesn't read much of anything, but he read this book. I've seen subtle changes in his behavior since, and that speaks volumes of the potential that Hill and his compelling book has to change the way that men, in particular young black men, behave towards women.

It is important that Hill have a broader audience for his book, and your program would be an excellent venue for him to promote this new-fangled idea of respect toward women. I do hope you will consider giving him a place on your show!

Sincerely,
    Springmoon

8. Top41

^Great letter, Springmoon! And good point about the Imus comment tie in.

Fay I'm not sure if he's working on that book or not. I haven't heard anything recently.