What's your ethnic background?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by glam_chic86, Sep 25, 2005.

1. GregSandersLover

GregSandersLover Pathologist

OMG my granny always does that to me...like she goes all like "You're gonna lose your identity" or whatever...I mean sure we all have our country/continent pride and I think it's really cool to be confident about where you come from, but like why would identity matter in the end!? I mean at the end of the day, we're all the same human beings, y'kno?

God I get too philosophical with these things :p

btw ancienttomb the pic from your avvie is from the japanese movie, right? That movie is soooo sad...Makes me cry every time :p

xoxo-nimo

2. ancienttomb

ancienttomb CSI Level Three

Yeah, it's called Grave of the fireflies, really sad. Actually we have the same culture,that movie woke me sth when I was a kid.....the wooden shoes, fireflies... :rolleyes:

3. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I'd figure it be nice to bump this thread up. So, you all know your heritage but what do other people mistake you for? I'm Greek and Croatian but I've gotten...

Italian
    Portuguese(sp)
    Ukrnian(sp?)

I think that's it...

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I have Scottish, Irish, English, Swedish, Norwegian, German, and Native American (Cherokee & Chocktaw) ancestry.

5. SweetDarling

SweetDarling Rookie

I'm CBC [Canadian born Chinese]. People have mistaken me for Japanese and Korean. I was born and raised and am still living in Vancouver BC. However when I went to China for vacation this summer I fit in pretty well with the HK teens. :p As far as I know my whole family is Chinese, but when my dad went to school in Peru, people have mistaken him and my grandpa for South American locals...I don't blame them. My grandpa has grey eyes.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Scotch-Irish... but my family's been in the US since we were a handful of colonies.

7. lament

lament Captain

I have German, Irish, British, Scottish, Native American, and Dutch, for starters.

8. GilGrissomCSI

GilGrissomCSI Coroner

Hmm...I'm not sure of the percentage, but I'm:
    -Mostly German
    -Scottish
    -Czechoslovakian (sp?)
    -Romanian (I think)

9. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i am mostly german/polish, my grandfathers family on my moms side came to quebec (or lower canada at the time) from france almost 300 years ago. they were able to trace the family because when people left france at that time they changed their names. he was a lighthouse keeper, so choose the name 'laflamme' my uncles helped to make a giant family dictionary and had a reunion on the first laflammes 300th wedding anniversary

10. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

My Family is Dutch-Indonesian but we've got mistaken for Japanese,Chinese and even Mexican

11. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

I am very american...I live in California and I was born in California, though I am many other things: french, cherokee indian, mexican, arab, honduran, english, irish, and some other things...I think. :lol:

12. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

I was born here myself as well but My Parents were born in Indonesia and Most of my siblings were born in Holland

13. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Ah, you see with me, most of my family is from Honduras or Mexico, and they all know spanish. I don't know spanish, so I always felt out-of-place around them. They'd be saying something in spanish and I'd just kind of nod and go, "Uh-huh..." I did however, learn one word in spanish that my great grandmother says to me all the time: Gordita. She looks at me and kisses me and goes, "Oh, gordita!" :lol:

14. Roka4csi

Roka4csi Coroner

Everyone's so many things, i feel boring all over again :(

15. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^it's ok :lol: I'm happy that there is nothing more than just Finnish genes in me ;)