GSR: Hourglass

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Steve_Jobs, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Steve_Jobs

Steve_Jobs Police Officer

Chapter 1; Cabernet Sauvignon and tears

It was a sunny afternoon like so many others. In Las Vegas, the skies were rarely clouded. Sara Sidle was driving home after work, although she worked nights, she never came home before noon. While listening to her favorite music, she steered the large vehicle through traffic until she reached Grissom's townhouse. After parking the car on the gravel, she got gathered her things and hopped out.

Sara opened the door and walked into the kitchen. She found a note on the fridge, it was from Grissom.

"419 in Henderson, I won't make it to dinner... Sorry.."

She grinned and got herself a coke, Sara loved her job, it meant more to her then anything, but not more then Grissom. When they started dating, a while ago, it felt like her greatest desire had been fulfilled. She finally had someone who loved her and who she could love. Sara came from a broken home with abusive parents, full of hurt. In school she never had a real boyfriend, no one liked her because she was so different from all the others.

Sara, sara, so easy to look at, so hard to define

It was a line of the Bob Dylan song Grissom played at their first date, right here in his home.

Sara, Sara, loving you is one thing I’ll never regret

They moved in with each other just two weeks after that date, mostly due to the fact that Sara’s landlord wanted more from her then rent. Still, Sara was happy now. She felt like no one could hurt her anymore now she was with Gil.

<<<>>><<<>>><<>>Sara Sidle’s Life, three months later<<<>>><<>><<<>>>

Grissom went away for yet another series of lectures, only this time they lasted six months. Sara said that it was okay and she encouraged him to go, the pay was exceptionally well, but she missed him so much. Although hating to admit it, she started drinking more then a few glasses of wine each night before she went to bed. It made her feel comfortable and warm inside, she tried to fill the void left by Grissom with the wine. Wondering if some evil power tried its very best every week, day and hour to make her unhappy and take everything form her that gave her pleasure, she put her head on a pillow and fell asleep on the couch.

<<<>>><<<>>><<>>Sara Sidle’s Life, four hours later<<<>>><<>><<<>>>

Amy went by the townhouse on her and Sara’s day off, she wanted to surprise her and take her to the mall shopping and dancing afterwards. Amy was the CSI Grissom asked to fill his position during his absence. She was an old friend of him and Sara, they met during their time in Berkley.

When Amy reached the doorstep and pushed the button to ring the bell, Sara came back to life. Slowly she got up from the couch and noticed the she spilled a glass of redwine over her clothes when she fell asleep. Or was it passed out? She wasn’t so sure anymore. Suddenly Sara remembered the doorbell, it was probably FedEx with another one of the books she ordered online.

When Sara opened the door she looked like hell. The clothes she wore at work the previous day stained, her face still showing signs she had been crying, her hair messy and dirty.

“Sara! What happened to you?”

Shit. that was the first thought that passed Sara’s mind when she saw it wasn’t Fred, the FedEx guy, who was at the door.

“ehm, nothing. Just, fell asleep during movie night I guess.”

Amy politely pushed Sara aside and before she noticed the other CSI was in her living-room.

“Movie night with the folks from Cabernet Sauvignon I see? Sara! I thought you stopped doing this shit back in Berkley! You know you shouldn’t drink..”

“I didn’t drink so much, i had friends over!” Sara lied

“I know you by now girl, where are the other glasses then?”

A not so very convincing “Ehm...” was the only thing Sara could get out of her mouth..

Amy walked up to Sara and hugged her, “its going to be okay, he’ll be back soon, trust me, he will. Lets just fix you up a bit, do something about your hangover and lets put this behind us. Then, young lady, you’ll give me all alcohol left.”

“I promise i won’t drink too much again, you really don’t have to do that” Sara replied, already knowing it wouldn’t make a difference.

“No Sar no way I’ll let you have that stuff. If you don’t give it to me I’ll get you back into counseling.”

“fine.”

After Amy sent Sara up to shower and get some clean clothes she started cleaning up the mess. She removed the stains from Sara’s clothes, the carpet and the couch, cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed, placed the books back in the right spots, threw out the mountain of pizza boxes and so much more.

When she vacuumed under the couch she found a box, she grabbed it and put it on the coffee table and continued vacuuming. After she was finished Amy took another look at the box, she couldn’t open it. It was made of metal and had no marks on the outside, it was just a metal box, about the size of big forensic textbook and three books high. Finally she spotted a small mark on the right bottom corner of the box, it read:

Securicor • UltraSafe

When she heard Sara coming down the stairs she quickly put the box back under the couch and pretended she never saw it.

“WOW! You did that while I was showering? It's cleaner then it was before Grissom left!”

Amy laughed, “lets go, we have some serious "drown your sorrows" shopping to do.”

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Nice start...can't wait to see where this goes.

3. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

I HATE how it was a fairy tale at first. I'm just like 'Yeah, something's going to happen.'

AND LOOK AT THAT, something did.

I should go into the psychic business.

Anyway, amazing start :]

4. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

woohoo another great fic!
    keep it coming!

5. Steve_Jobs

Hi all, short chapter I know but I promise i'll update real soon.

Chapter 2; Sewer-water and Boredom.

The next morning Sara found herself waking up on top of her bed with a bag of crisps next to her and the TV turned to CBS. On the other side of the bed, where last night Amy resided watching TV with Sara, was a void. Sara wondered where she was, but her question was answered swiftly when Amy entered the room with a tray of coffee and sandwiches.

“You’re awake! I thought Sara Sidle never slept much, guess I was wrong, hihi.”

The girls watched the morning news while drinking coffee and eating and after cleaning up they headed to the lab together where they saw Nick just heading home.

“Hi girls” he said. Nick looked tired, his boyish smile was gone and the usually so energetic way of walking had been replaced for a slow tempo.

“hey Nick, though night?” Amy responded

“You have no idea.” was his quick reply.

When they were out of Nicks way Sara said to Amy “that guy needs some sleep. Seriously”

?In the breakroom they found the always happy and jumpy Greg making a pot of his special coffee..

“Hi you two, how are you this lovely morning?”

“BORED out of our minds!” said Amy to the former labtech. “Aaah that smells nice! A lot better then the sewer-water you and Gri....” She didn’t finish that sentence, but Greg understood what she was trying to say.

He winked at her and spoke “I never heard that”

“So” said Sara, trying to avoid a very uncomfortable silence, “What are the cases today?”

“Nothing, clean board, Nick and Warrick pulled a double shift but they solved the only one currently open.” Greg said while jumping up and down because he spilled some coffee on his hand and burned it.

Sara sighed, she knew what no cases meant while Grissom was away. PlayStation for Greg, Nick and Warrick and watching old episodes of Frasier for Sara, Amy and Catherine.

“Is Cath in yet?” she asked Greg.

“Nope, she called me she would be late, her daughter isn’t feeling well”

“Aww, poor lindsey, she’s so cute!” Amy said, behaving like a teen.

“AMY!” Greg and Sara said at the same time, causing her to blush and stop talking.

“Lets go spend some time with our favorite shrink.” Sara said to Amy after tapping her on the shoulder and walking out of the breakroom.

<<>><<<>>><<>><<<>>><<>> 4 hours later <<<>>><<>><<<>>><<>><<<>>>

“Hi girls, how’s it going?” Greg said walking into the A/V lab they used to watch their DVD.

“We’re bored.” They all replied at exactly the same time.

After laughing, Greg continued to speak. “Okay, well, I have a case here, not a too nice one, but anyways.”

“We’ll take it!” Sara said while putting her hand on Amy’s head.

“Okay girls, have fun at the dump!”

<<>><<<>>><<>><<<>>><<>> At the dump <<<>>><<>><<<>>><<>><<<>>>

“Any more great ideas?!” Amy shouted towards Sara while trying not to get stuck on one of the many, many holes in the garbage. ??

“Amy! Shut up and enjoy the scene!” Sara said laughingly.

They processed a scene of a man’s body found on the garbage dump, David estimated that he had been dead for over a month.

Amy sighed and continued processing. “Sara, take a look at this...”

“I’ll be with you in a second”

“No Sara, you need to see this, now.” Amy replied, still not taking her eyes of her discovery.

“Okay, I’m coming” After Sara climbed over the mountain of waste, she saw what Amy wanted her to see and the always calm and rational Sara Sidle had problems not to throw up right there...

6. MacsGirlMel

uhoh that sounds bad...please update soon so we can see what it is!

7. Mini_Catherine

Mini_Catherine CSI Level One

... :confused: WHAA ? It's Grissom, dead, isn't it? Or Sara's long lost ex-boyfriend's mother's sister's cousin's ex-girlfriend's daughter's step-sister's cousin twice removed on her step-mother's side. Her dog. Isn't it?

8. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

Knowing the writer, it's Grissom...

But something in the back of my mind says that it's Sara's long lost ex-boyfriend's mother's sister's cousin's ex-girlfriend's daughter's step-sister's cousin twice removed on her step-mother's side's dog.

9. Steve_Jobs

The Garbage ; Chapter three

“Are those...?” Sara asked with a shaky, uncontrolled voice

“Yes they are...” Amy replied.

About 30 feet away from the body of the man, they found two other ones, this time a little girl and a boy. They could hardly have been a day over ten and were dressed in pink and blue. Their clothes were shredded, revealing large parts of their bodies, covered with bruises.

“They’ve been abused.” Sara stated clearly, trying to keep all emotion away.

“David, we found two other bodies.” Amy spoke into her phone as she called the coroner. “He’ll be right here.”

Sara nodded and continued taking pictures.

<<<>>><<>><<<>>><<>><<<>>> The Lab <<>><<<>>><<>>

Sara, Amy and Greg, who joined them working on the case after they found a second and third body, were gathered around one of the tables in the lab.

“Vic’s prints and DNA weren’t in the database, we have no clue who they are, where they are from or how they got in the garbage.” Greg started.

“Probably a body dump” Amy suggested “ we found no blood evidence, no traces, nothing.”

“We know they are a family, they all have seven alleles in common.” Sara read from a report.

“COD is gunshot wound to the head for the father and a fracture of the skull for the little girl the little boy was stabbed to death. They’ve been for about a month.” Greg read from another.

“Where’s mommy?” Amy asked the group and everyone turned silent.

“Maybe she reported them missing... Greg, go look at the database” Sara ordered. “Amy, you and me can cross reference all the records of missing men of our vic’s age with the school’s database of kids having dropped from the face of the earth...”

<<<>>><<>><<<>>><<>><<<>>> The Lab, three hours later <<>><<<>>>

Sara and Amy looked at the stories in the database for over three hours, but they ended up getting tired and this case wasn’t going anywhere.

“Lets go home, get some sleep and try again next shift.” Amy suggested.

“Okay, great idea.” Sara said. It wasn’t like her to not get double overtime on a case like this, but she just didn’t want to be confronted with the pictures she took at the scene anymore. She missed Grissom, normally he’d comfort her and make sure she was okay. Although Sarah realized Amy kept an eye on her, she knew Amy didn’t realize how low Sara really was.

When Sara got home, the first thing she did was check the messages left on the answering machine. There were none. She picked up the phone and dialed Grissom’s number.

After realizing he wouldn’t pick up and the voicemail message would soon become audible, she hung up the phone. Sara stared at the phone she held for a few minutes until she realized a teardrop hit her hand. When it hit, she got so frustrated she threw phone across the room and it exploded on one of the walls. Sara walked through the house, looking for where she kept the bottles of wine.

A few minutes later she remembered she didn’t have any bottles left, since Amy cleaned the townhouse and took all of them. Sara got out her cellphone and punched in Amy’s number, but couldn’t make herself press the “Dial” button.

Has no one told you
    your tears are all in vain,
    and everybody keeps trying
    to take them all away

~Anonymous

10. MacsGirlMel

ack poor Sara...post more soon! Like, NOW! lol

11. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

ditto to MacsGirlMel lol great story