Flack # 7 - Everybody Loves A Hero

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kinkapoodles, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yeah, I love his reactions when the CSIs get super-nerdy. Flack does always come across as very confident, something I really like about his character. He seems sure of himself and who he is.

Yeah, sometimes he gets this great smirk on his face and you know he's thinking "you guys are such nerds." I love that. It's fun to see him react to the long words and technical terms.

Good point! And Hawkes was kind of condescending. I'd love to see that explored. Flack and Hawkes really are at opposite ends of the spectrum and it would be great to see if there is friction between them.

Is he snarkier than in previous years? I think the only thing that's stood out for me is the clashing with Mac, and that was because of a specific incident. As for PTSD, I don't know. Flack's a pretty tough guy--not to say at all that PTSD doesn't affect tough people, because it does--but Flack seems to have recovered well. Still, it would have been nice if we'd seen some references to the bombing, even in Mac and Flack's interactions together.

2. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

3. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

He's like the wine he has behind in that photo, gets better with the years. :lol: ;)

4. penguinpie

penguinpie Prime Suspect

Ack! We've dropped to page 2! So not on!

Flack is a strong guy. He's especially good at being strong for other people, such as Danny and Stella. He's quick to put himself between others and harm, but we really haven't seen anyone return the favour. He seems to have recovered from his ordeal well, but sometimes these problems take a while to show up. He probably would be the sort of person who'd cover up any stress until he just couldn't anymore.

How do you think the rest of the cast would react if cracks in the Super!Flack facade did start to show?

5. flacksgirl

flacksgirl Hit and Run

Well I think it would be hard for them to take. Flack is so unfaultering that I think it would be a little unnerving to see him crack. He has that perfect "SuperHero" outside, always trying to take care of everyone else. I think that if you take that away from him he would not only crack but he would shatter. It is his identity. He is the one who is always in control. It would be hard for him to operate without that facade.

I think that the rest of the team would be able to see it right away. He wouldn't have his confidence or swagger. He wouldn't be Flack.
    I think Stella would be supportive, Mac would be supportive too but he wouldn't let it slide for too long. He would tell Flack to take some time off.

As for Danny, I think Danny would try and play it off. I don't think that Danny would be able to deal with Flack faultering. Flack has always been the stable one in that relationship. I don't know if he would be able to deal with Flack not being there to take care of him.
    Lyndsey and Hawkes wouldn't really have a lot to say. It would kinda be like at the end of season two, They never seemed all that close so it would be hard to image them interacting over something like this.

6. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

I loved Flack in the last episode. Here you have a pic from one of his best moments.

not my job

7. Top41

I think if it did start to show, it would be Flack lashing out in anger, which, as snarky as he is, is somewhat out of character. We've seen him lose his cool a little bit a few times--with Mac in "Sweet 16," with Linda Perez in "Trapped," and I think with one other suspect--but for all of his snark, he doesn't really get angry.

Were PTSD to show up, I'd expect to see him lashing out at people he's close to. I think it would be especially surprising to see him take it out on Stella or Danny, since he's clashed with both Mac and Hawkes a little bit, and doesn't seem too fond of Lindsay. I think if he got pissy with Stella, she'd call him on it right away. I don't think Danny would be able to deal--as flacksgirl mentioned, Danny relies on Flack to be the strong, stable one, and I think he'd be hurt if Flack lashed out at all him and would probably retreat. But Stella is good on calling people out on stuff like that--she's done it with both Mac and Lindsay in the past. I think she'd confront him and try to get him to talk about his issues.

8. flacksgirl

flacksgirl Hit and Run

OOOHHH!!! If you haven't been to the CBS site and watched the new preview for the next new episode then definetely go. It has lots of Flack. It shows him getting snappy with Mac and calling him out. I think that Flack is going to have a great part in the new episode. It is the Cold Case cross over episode I think!!!!

9. RyanAddict

RyanAddict Rookie

Hey * Waves *
    Okay. I have only just started to like Mr Flack. I need to be slapped. I have watches SOOOO many episodes of NY I have only just noticed how sexy he is. What.Is.Wrong.With.Me?!?!!?

Lol ;) ;)
    The lads I like out of all the CSI's are

LV - Greggo
    Miami - Ryan Wolfe, Eric Delko and Horatio is quite hot
    NY - FLACK ;) and Danny

10. Nick_Wolfe_Danny

Nick_Wolfe_Danny Police Officer

I love how upset flack is in the preview!! but my computer was slow so it was like a slidshow:(

11. RyanAddict

RyanAddict Rookie

Awww no Nick_Wolfe_Danny maybe next time you watch it it wil be better ;)

12. Top41

Oooh, Flack getting pissed at Mac and calling him out??? LOVE IT!!!! :D :D :D Can't wait to see how it all plays out...

13. flacksgirl

flacksgirl Hit and Run

It looks to me like Mac is going to have to take some of his own medicine. He has been so hard on Flack in the past, it looks like Flack gets to give a little back.

14. FutureMrsFlack

FutureMrsFlack Victim

I, too, wish more reference had been made to Flack's recovery. Although, and I'm definitely no expert, I don't think he necessarily would have suffered any lasting trauma from the incident. People react differently to traumatic experiences and some are able to bounce back more quickly than others, with seemingly few lingering effects - perhaps the writers have written Flack as one such person. He comes from a long line of police officers and is probably well aware of what could happen to him when he goes to work. This in itself may have enabled him to more easily accept what happened to him and thus, mentally recover from it. Of course, as much as I like Flack and would like to see more of him, I recognize that he is a supporting character. As a result, the writers/producers may not feel it is necessary to explore his recovery in detail - it is enough for us to see that he has obviously recovered well.

On another Flack note, I consider him to be one of the more intelligent characters on the show. He may not have the book smarts that the CSIs do, but he has shown he has the street smarts necessary to be successful in his line of work. I also think, as others have pointed out, that he understands far more than he lets on.

Anyway, great thread! I'm new to posting - I've enjoying reading the various discussions and thought I'd join in the fun!

15. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Has anyone seen this? Eddie is basically doing a blog, following his favourite team the NY Rangers during the 2007 Stanley Cup playoffs. There are some photos of him with the legendry cup along with his thoughts on how is team is performing in the first round. Fun stuff to read & follow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.