Dear Writers... (Have something you want to say?)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

paigeS, please refrain from getting personal--debate the points, but the old "if you don't like x about the show, why are you still watching" is not only far more tired than any chemistry debate ever could be, but it's also the weakest of arguments.

2. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

I don't think D/L is one of the major reasons why people watch the show. Sure it's a topic of MAJOR and sometimes HEATED discussions but it's technically JUST a side-story to the forensics that is SUPPOSED to run the show CSI:NY.

The thing is, lately the D/L 'romance' storyline has been taking the reins from it. And that stir some people the wrong away apart from the fact that it's not THAT effective.

Sure sure, chemistry and effectiveness is subjective -- you'll be so lucky if things always came your way. Yet, it's not just D/L that is not working. Lindsey herself is (1)barely a stand-alone character; she's nothing without Danny; (2)under-developed in everyway; that flight back to Montana is a sorry idea to compensate for Anna's maternity leave; (3)simply boring (again... subjective) -- bad portrayal and material, I reckon.

Before this post gets kicked to another thread:

Dear TPTB,
    Please release a soundtrack album.
    Thanks!

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I thought of a good one.

Dear Writers,

Please release some blooper and outtakes for the Season 3 DVD box set. Also, I'd even pay more for a special DVD with bloopers and outtakes from Seasons 1 and 2.

4. chaostheory08

Whee! I'm with you there.
    And one more:

Please let the actors do the audio commentary.

5. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I just popping in to say Lindsay's character needs a big major re think. You have to admit the D/L relationship probably hasn't had the desired effect that you hoped.
    Lindsay always seems to annoy less when she is in the crime lab, doing the experiments, so why not put her as a lab assistant/scientist than a fully fledged CSI.

Also I'm with all that wants out-takes and cast audio commentaries. I'd even pay a little extra for it.

6. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

Those of us who like DL are supposed to go along quietly and pretend like our opinions don't matter. Don't worry about it...I'm used to it by now. ;)

Dear Writers,

Bring Louie back!

Thank you,

PrettyEyes :)

7. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Your opinions matter and you're entitled to have them! We just don't like being told to stop complaining, or stop watching the show if we hate it so much. If you love Lindsay and D/L, you go right on ahead and express your happiness. You've every right to do so.

Back on topic:

Dear Writers,

Ditto what PrettyEyes said about Louie.

-Carrie

8. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

HAHAHAHAHA...Amen to that!! i love Flack...he's great with his one liners...but he's just as good if not better in his dramatic scenes, like the ones with Mac and the one back in season one with his old cop mentor. He needs more development so we can see more of him =]

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ah yes, you're so used to being omg-so-totally-oppressed!! that you make sure to tell everyone about it at every available opportunity. Why not simply express a positive opinon and discuss it, rather than coming in to complain that people disagree? :rolleyes:

Dear Writers,
    Yes, I know that we have the main characters to concentrate on, but I'd really love more Reed, Adam and Sid before the end of the season. Please to be giving us scenes. ;)
    Much love,
    Fay

10. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

That would be perfect. :D Bloopers, outtakes, and the actors commenting on them.

Dear Writers,

Please see above and oh yeah, bring back Louie and please give us more Flack.

11. chaostheory08

I don't see why the ones who don't like D/L should stop watching the show. I don't see the point. Why -- is the whole show D/L now? It's not.

Dear Writers,
    Thanks for giving even your minor characters backstories.
    Now work on Lindsey.

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Again...please focus on the show and not some perception of other people in this forum. Everyone's on topic opinion matters.

I'll jump on this bandwagon...I think we need to find out what happened to Big Brother Messer before the season is out...

13. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Move over, i'm coming on the bandwagon too...the character of Louie is an interesting one..and one that was kind of left hanging after RSRD...if he really is still in a coma (basic vegatative state or whatever) or dead, i'd still like to know what happened to him...and maybe some nice flashback scenes with him and Danny-they really didn't get any screen time together until Louie was incapacitated....

(PS i love this thread...i hope the writers actually stop by here once in a while =])

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Dear Writers,

Please to be reading the thread about revitalizing the show.

Just enough love to get you through a cold night,
    Fay :p

15. AmandaSzmanda

AmandaSzmanda CSI Level Two

Dear Writers,

I would love to see Mac have more drama, but not so much about his dead wife. Maybe more focused on Reed if we have to have Claire drama. Something more original, maybe something with Gerrard.

Stella needs to stop being victimized. She is a strong character. I loved her so much in Season One, lets bring that Stella back. I highly doubt that she would have HIVs and would perfer not to have storyline about it. If you do make her have HIVs, please do it right. Don't play her character down anymore then you already have.

Lindsay could be a really good character if you gave her a chance. I'm pretty sure that no one goes from sad and mopey to happy and perky that fast because they start dating someone. We know that Lindsay likes Operas from Season 2, maybe have something where she shows off some knowledge of the Operas.

Danny has matured alot, and frankly I don't really like it. I loved the hothead Danny from Season 1. I would love some more background on Danny as well, but not about his family, that's already been done. Lets have something original that really gets under his skin.

Hawkes is a great character and Hill is an even better actor. I would love to have a better story on him. Here's To You Mrs. Azeral was a great example of his character, but it didn't go anywhere. He is a smart character, let's have him solve more cases the way he did in Silent Night by figuring out what a bunch of symbols meant. Let's have him decode something.

Flack is snarky and awesome as he is, but I would love to see him have a nemesis as well. I also love the drama that Flack and Mac have together and I would love to see more of those two working together.

I would love to have a bit more of the corners. I love what you did with Peyton, she has a really strong character already. Sid is very funny and we know he has a family and an the alergy, but that's it. I would love some more background on them. I do not want to see them in overkill and outside of their areas, just similar things to Peyton in What Schemes May Come.

Adam is a great character, but I do not want to see him outside of the lab. We already have had enough lab rats turned field mice, lets keep NY out of the loophole and keep Adam in the lab. We already have our transfer and that would be Hawkes.

The Danny and Lindsay situtation could have been done very well, but this is too soon. Lindsay just went through hell and the way you wrote her in the court scene made her seem like she needed Danny to function. I have said this before, Lindsay could be a great character, but both Danny and Lindsay need to settle the demons of their pasts more before they get serious. I don't want to see anything physical between them until after we get to know them more. Also I love that you don't have them working the same case together constantly because they are together, let's just keep it that way.

Mac and Peyton are working well in keeping it in the undercurrents and not making it the main focus, but I really like seeing Peyton interact with the other characters such as Danny. We don't have to have Peyton only on Mac's cases, let her meet the rest of the team more.

I would love to see you give male characters long lasting victimization. Don't get me wrong I love the men, but female victimization is highly overused. Why couldn't Danny being the one holding the glass and possibly being HIV positive? We know it can work because we saw the plotline with Hawkes, but you dropped that! I would love to have male characters go through long term drama. We haven't had Louie mentioned at all and that could have been a good plot line for Danny. Mac has Claire, but that isn't really involved much in the show. Just give the men a plotline, expecially for Hawkes or Flack.

I also would not mind a case of a burn victim of such that has them mention Aiden. You don't just forget a memeber of your team like that. I'm sure they would talk about it. Even if it is a case similar to NCIS that makes someone (perferrably Lindsay since she barely knew Aiden) say "That could have been us" and then one of the other characters sayd "Sometimes is has been". Something vague like that works, but please, give us something.

Season three has not been the best season, and I DO NOT blame it on Anna, since Season 2 was great. It seems like you are trying to pull out the strangest cases possible. I wouldn't mind just having a sniper, similar to Officer Blue, because not everyone dies because of some weird and crazy way. Not all cases need to be normal, but normal occasionally is good.

Stop just dropping characters. I don't mind having just Flack as a detective, but hey you could at least spend an extra two minutes to explain that Maka switched shifts or Angell got transferred. Jane and Chad? Some of us loved them and just wouldn't mind a bit of off case reference to them.

Occasional big name guest stars are cool, but two things. First it seems like you are trying to get more attention to your show by adding them. You show is great already, why do you need Nelly Furtado who couldn't act. That leads me to my second point, if you are going to have them as guest actors/actresses, make sure they can act. Sure you can go ahead and add in David Letterman (Which I would love by the way) because he can actually act and has experince. Nelly was horrid in my opinion and really should not have been on there. It pretty much ruined the who episode for me.

Much Love,

Amanda

P.S. I loved Anna's hair straight so much better then the curly. Please bring that back.