"Lab Rats" Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 7, 2007.

1. TobiDee

TobiDee Victim

But who couldn't love the snappy music and all around cheerfulness of the end? XD

2. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I am so getting that song from Itunes heheh

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Can someone PM me the "Glory" comment? I'm intrigued because I missed it apparently.

Loved the whole rat thing...rofl too bad Sheldon Hawkes from NY wasn't around. (he did a rat-topsy in a S1 NY ep)

Also loved the "Kiss my a$$" part...did anyone else picture the fangirls going "oh let me let me no me"? lolol

4. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

I wholeheartedly agree with all of you! I practically squeed when he said that! BEST. LINE. EVER! :D (In fact, if I may, Toots, may I borrow your quote as my new signature line? ;))

This whole episode was pure awesomeness! I seriously couldn't believe it. Originality and hilarity like this is why CSI is the the only franchise for me (sorry CSI:M and NY) Did I mention how much this episode rocked?
    Doc Robbins and Grissom on the rat hunt (I didn't peg poor ole' Doc as having "ratphobia" :lol:) was pure genious. Decked out in hazmat suits over a loose rat? Poor SuperDave. "He made me wear it." :lol:

And the "lab rats" storyline (along with little tidbits of the CSI's current cases) were a breath of fresh air from the normal procedural structure.
    This really was Hodges' lucky day. Way to go, Hodges. At least all your poking around and bothering Grissom finally helped. :p

5. Sarahh

Sarahh Witness

Did. I heart hodges too. <3 (<--See? Heart.)

6. cercis

cercis Dead on Arrival

I absolutely loved it. This was I think my favorite ep thus far. David was wonderful. I loved the flashback scenes; it was a great way to reacquaint the audience with the mini crime scenes. I really liked the interaction between the lab rats and I actually found myself liking Henry more in this ep too. I love that David had finally got the respect…’the good job David’ from Grissom. That is what he has always wanted. All in all this ep has made this Hodges fan a very happy camper.

7. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I think this have been the most amusing eppy so far to date, but thats just me...lol I wouldn't mind seeing a little more of a lab rat centered eppy, but DEFINITELY not too often, you don't to ruin a good thing! :lol:

8. MissKraft

MissKraft Rookie

I really enjoyed this episode.

What I did not like was the other lab techs "bailing" out on Hodges.

Seems 'one man can move mountians' still.

9. edog

edog Lab Technician

Well, as far as I know, all of ABCs recap shows are just that: clips. At least CSI got creative and built a character driven story around the recap. And let's be honest, most viewers (like my mom, for example) remember very little about the mini crime scenes. She's got too much going on in her life to think about it, so I'm sure she appreciated the recap and also had the pleasure of watching a story to go with it. Unlike us crazy message board fanatics who talk about it non-stop,:lol: to us the "clips" will seem tedious. I speak generally, keep in mind.

Anyway, I commend the writers for getting creative. I also didn't realize how snarky Mandy was. Aside from making Nick sing "Oh Mandy", she had some really great screen time and made good use of it. Using her shoe as a phone: hilarious.

Honestly, I loved it all. Oh, Jim pinning the clown into the door, with Catherine on the other side just watching on in complete amazement: also hilarious. "Whose the big clown now?" Or something like. I can't remember what he said. I just remember laughing.

Honestly, I laughed through the whole thing. This topped Rashomama in terms of humor. Rashomama was more a "unfortunate circumstance that is also very funny". This episode was just funny.

Every once in a while, you need that.

Plus, this recap will save the writers from having to completely recap everything later, when I'm sure they conclude this during the final weeks.

10. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, this was the first eppy of the season that didn't have something that annoyed me, and I enjoyed the entire show. This is definatly a hate it or love it ep too...And I loved it. There were so many sutle things, I will have to watch it again. Like did anyone else notice the auction Hodges won, was for a board game of a tv show? I think it was 'All in the Family'. He had one of those in Grave Danger...

And Doc and Grissom, man...so many good parts. Even though it was a clip show, it still summed the storylines up nicely in one package. I love the funny eps, and this one didn't disappoint, this will be my 'dog eat dog' of season 7!

11. edog

edog Lab Technician

LOL, yeah I noticed the auction. It was for Three's Company, if I'm not mistaken. :D

Also, xfcanadian, I think you have to tone down the smilies. I think I remember reading in the rules you can only use like three or something. I don't remember. I just know sometimes the mods frown upon that. Just a friendly reminder. ;)

12. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

heh, i am so brain dead...it was all in the family.

I changed my post ;)

13. church2001

church2001 Witness

I can't decide between Greg's "Kiss my a$$" or Super Dave's "He made me wear it" as my favorite line of this episode. Though Archie's "We can hear you" during Wendy's argument with Hodges was a close runner-up.

14. edog

edog Lab Technician

ahhh, I think you're right. All In The Family. I just remember watching that and thinking, "Yeah, that was sooo Hodges."

Honestly, there are too many one liners to quote! Those were all good.

15. DaveR

DaveR Victim

No, it was Three's Company. Pretty funny stuff.

Dave