Anyone listen to Japanese Music!?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by GregSandersLover, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I know a few words, mostly what I've picked up from anime here and there. But I recognize more words as words, even though I don't know what it means. I got that from J-pop.

You're welcome. I've found that listening to j-pop allows me to hear the different words, and sound them out much better than by listening to a tape or CD. The music just lets things flow. One of the best CD's to listen to, I think, to pick up words is L'Arc-en-Ciel's Smile. It's last year's album, and it has only 10 songs. But its just one of the best albums I've ever heard. :D

2. robospanker_fan

robospanker_fan CSI Level Two

I learned a teeeny bit of japanese from Anime, and J-Pop, of course, but it still sucks badly. Well, that gives me more reason to watch more anime. :D

3. GregSandersLover

GregSandersLover Pathologist

Hey! I live in Japan and am fully Japanese! :D Hey what area of Japan are you in? Wow this is cool! Uh see one of the above posts for the "good" Japanese music (like popular in Japan)...I posted like a ranking...I think :p

As for Japanese, just try to use it as much as you can- like just try to make simple sentences with the words you already know, and like learn from what the other says back to you kinda...The more you use Japanese, the more you get used to it, the more you'll learn :D At least that's how many of my friends told me... :)

If you wanna know anything, just feel free to email me or pm me :D

I'm reaaaaally into Tokyo Jihen (Tokyo Incidents) right now...It's a band that the singer Shiina Ringo made..And she's the vocal and they play really cool stuff...I like all their songs from the album Kyouiku (which means Education)...Edited by moderator - illegal filetransfer

I'm so happy a lot of people are actuallly interested in Japanese music! <3

xoxo-nimo

4. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

I'd listen to it if I could understand the language :(.

5. GregSandersLover

True, it's hard to really enjoy/like the music if you don't know what they're singing...So just try listening to any song that you want- choose it for any simple reason...You like the name of their band/group, or the cover looks cool...or ask people like me who a small collection of Japanese music, and then if you like that song, then I can translate the lyrics into English for you and then you'll hopefully understand what they're singing (if my translations are good enough)

xoxo-nimo

6. robospanker_fan

I don't understand half of the Jap songs I listen to. But thats where Anime Lyrics.com comes in. :D

7. GregSandersLover

Yeah...but wait are those for JPOP songs which are used in anime?

xoxo-nimo

8. robospanker_fan

Theres both anime lyrics and J-Pop lyrics. And theres also Game lyrics. Such a great site...

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Would you? I've never heard of them before. I'd really like to hear some new music.

Me too! It's so cool! I never run into people who like j-pop and j-rock. This is great!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

When I started getting into the music, I made a conscious decision to not worry that I don't know what the lyrics mean. As long as I like how it sounds, I'm happy. :D

11. GregSandersLover

Edited by moderator - illegal filetransfer discussion
    ! :D :D Sorry if you don't like it though- they're the type of band that some ppl (eg.me) really obsess about, but some people just don't get...So yeah...

Oh yeah can you pm me your email addy? thanks

xoxo-nimo

12. Guest

Guest Guest

im staying in kitami which is this dinky little town in hokkaido, and its miles from any where. its pay day today (or its supposed to be!) so im off to the record shop!

its abit mad because im voluteering with another girl who has studied japanese for five years, but we are having lessons together, so the level we are learning at is intermediate, which is too hard for me, but too easy for her! so very product. i was really chuffed when i learnt the alphabetsnb i wandered around the wards saying the names on packets!

13. GregSandersLover

Whoooa that's far :eek: Shucks-harder for us to meet up... :(

Oh yeah, btw youkai_girl

Rest of post edited by moderator - illegal filetransfer discussion

xoxo-nimo

14. robospanker_fan

15. GregSandersLover

Tokyo Jihen songs...and the Glay x Exile one that I'm obsessing over... :D Probz like tomorrow...Gotta go cram for Chem now! XP

xoxo-nimo