Horatio & Yelina #6: A Sense of Belonging - So Say We All!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Re: Horatio & Yelina #6 - A Sense of Belonging - So Say We All!

I'm not going to watch the promo and I mean that! I hope that everybody who is going to watch the promo can put the spoilery things of it in tags, so i don't get spoiled by accident ;)

Anyway I don't think we'll get any H/Y *squee* scenes except for the usual looks between them.

Oh hell that are also *squee* moments :lol:

2. GillianSGrissom

GillianSGrissom Witness

Spoilers. Need spoilers. Dying here. LOL sorry.

She's definately coming back? Really? YES!!!!!!!

Can't wait, even espcially for misleading promo pics, cause they are so CUTE!!!

Sorry this is short I'm at school and the bell's about to ring.

Gillian

3. snickergeek

snickergeek Witness

Re: Horatio & Yelina #6 - A Sense of Belonging - So Say We A

when is she going to be back? she is? when???????? anyone who'll put it onto youtube??????

4. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

We know she's coming back on E22, supposedly titled 'Burned', which is like in 2 weeks?

I think a certain talented someone here will put it on youtube.

Spoilers, promo pics, I want to see them all!

5. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I think that can be arranged. ;) As we have had confirmation from Corey that Yelina is in Ep #22, I don't think the lack of spoilers is too much to worry about. Maybe they (those who should be ashamed) are wanting to surprise us. I get the feeling that Yelina's role might be brief, but will hopefully set things up for the 6th Season. We shall see.

Countdown pic #18 (and counting....)

[​IMG]

6. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Witness to murder!

I must say these pics really make the wait less stressing :p

7. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I get that feeling too. But they did intend for her to be back earlier. And they had to write her in for a reason, not just the whole spoiler about Ryan. I'm sure there'll be some H/Y moments, besides work-related. Just a matter of how much. But I really do hope she'll be back for s6, cos it seems she won't be back for s5 after that, as there has been no word so far.

I'm hoping for a big surprise.

8. Lucy

Witness To Murder is correct! :D I hoped that the countdown pics would help with the wait and I'm pleased they have. I think I have enough left to last the remainder of the countdown time! ;)

I just hope that the manner in which they write Yelina back in is effectively handled. The writing on the show hasn't been inspirational of late, to say the least, though some things are definitely looking up. eg. the E/C spoilers.

9. Lunalove

Lunalove Police Officer

Okay, I need input here... I was watching 'Big Brother' (again ;) ) and finally noticed what H was holding... (I know, I know. Where was my brain, not to mention eyes... Hmmm :devil:) Anyway. I'm just wondering what H is thinking standing there with his brother's wedding ring? I can't for the life of me analyse his expression: H looking...?
    Maybe regret?

10. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

MM i think it has something to do with the fact that Horatio is dissapointed that his brother had cheated on Yelina, while all that while Horatio did his best not to start anything with her..

I'll be posting a H/Y pic later on the day ;)

11. HC_4_my_birthday

HC_4_my_birthday Lab Technician

HI Lunalove the only thing that comes to my mind is that he wasn't there for his lil brother and wishes he was still alive

12. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

i agree with Kit and HC4mb, but from H/Y shipper point of view we can add that H also can think what is to be one his bro place... maybe he is wonder what is to have this ring (re meet Yelina first) :rolleyes:

btw, Lucy i`m so glad to see my fav H/Y banner again . :D (i miss it a lot)

13. Lucy

^ I thought it was about time it got an airing again. I am still very attached to it! ;) The fact that you like it so much is reason enough for me to use it again btw. :D

Re the wedding ring scene in Big Brother - a very poignant moment for H. I think his overriding emotions are disappointment in Raymond (ie. how could he be unfaithful to Yelina?) and profound sadness that things ended up this way. As we know, H is intensely loyal, and he would be devastated at his brother's betrayal. I also feel that there was also a niggling thought in the back of his mind, where he's acknowledging the fact that had H been her husband, he would never have dreamt of hurting her this way. Not that Ray deliberately went out of his way to hurt her, but he certainly made a mess of things, as Suzie so aptly pointed out.

The ring symbolizes the ideal of the unbroken, eternal bond of marriage. This illusion is shattered for H and I think the sadness he feels in this scene is for all of them effected by Raymond's irresponsible actions and life choices.

14. lieueitak

lieueitak Hit and Run

That's a really good question. For me, I don't really believe that Horatio was thinking anything remotely related to his romantic feelings towards Yelina. Given the situation, I just think that'd be amazingly inappropriate of him. I mean - holding evidence in a man's brutal murder and thinking about how you would have liked to have married/dated his wife? Horatio has a hard enough time under normal circumstances understanding and accepting his feelings for her. I don't mean to offend anyone in saying that; I just really cannot believe that that's what's going on in his head at that moment.

I agree with HC_4_my_birthday in that there's definitely going to be regret that Horatio wasn't there for his brother. We already have seen that in the first ep. of season two where Horatio tells Yelina that maybe he didn't try hard enough to save Ray.

And of course, there's going to be the tremendous feeling of loss. Horatio's lost his little brother, and by holding the ring, it's a tangible reminder that others are suffering from this act of violence too. Yelina only matters in so far as she was this man's wife.

I agree with that for the most part. In some ways, I almost wonder if this episode didn't reinforce Horatio's views that Yelina was off limits. Yes, the bonds of marriage had been broken, but by Raymond. She was still the devoted wife and, in the episode, she is definitely the wife and Horatio the brother-in-law, so perhaps that, in the end, makes her more untouchable. *shrugs*

I also wonder if Horatio put the ring back into the evidence box. I mean I guess he did since missing evidence isn't a good sign for a murder trial, lol. But in season one, he stole his mentor's wedding ring to give to the man's widow. Perhaps Yelina had wanted it when Ray originally died, but wasn't allowed to have it - and that spurred Horatio to take the ring for his mentor's wife. And maybe, since he got away with it before, Horatio was contemplating on doing it again. I don't know... I just think it would have been a nice tie-in because Horatio really does seem to respect the bonds of marriage, etc. Besides, he'd be a good jewel thief, don't you think? ;)

15. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

hummm ... i was just try to say ... when H look at this ring that he can think what is to be the one who take care for family, did he will go by his bro way, did he will treat Yelina right (or what ever lady), will be things different if this ring don`t exist .... come on, H know his bro.... he know that Ray was 'dirt'... yep i agree that H regret for his little bro lose, but also for me H regret (feel pity) for his own self too (he is alone, he have only Yelina and Ray Jn.)... when i watch the epi to me come and one more thought... call it crazy... but somehow H for me look like understand that the life is short and just have to keep move on, to try fix his life ... and yep in the end of this epi i make H/Y shipper conclusion..the family is all that H can hold on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.