Jorja Fox Talks

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Apr 6, 2007.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

CSI star <font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font> (Sara Sidle) recently shared the fantastically collaborative environment on the show, the sense of community among the cast members and her wildest moment.

Fox has repeatedly praised the kindness of the CSI writers and producers, saying that if there’s someplace you don’t really want to go with the character, you can talk to them. There is one instance in which Fox brought a concern to the writers and they pulled back, which she thinks is great. Early in the show, the writers wanted a really solid tension been Fox’s character and that of <font color=yellow>Marg Helegenberger</font> (Catherine Willows). As the only two women on the show at the time, Fox and Helgenberger felt that fighting and jockeying for postion was somewhere they didn’t want to go. The writers listened and backed off that angle.

Fox considers the cast members her family. There are a few she sees outside of work all the time, notably <font color=yellow> Eric Szmanda</font> (Greg Sanders), with whom she plays kickball. However, even those she doesn’t live close enough to hang out with are family to her. “I adore them, I’d walk on glass for them,” she says.

Her career began with modeling. At 17, Fox and a fellow model headed for Italy. Their agency in New York City sent them over, telling them their books were ready and they would be working right away. Instead, they arrived in Italy and were told their books were awful and they would have to start over or they would never find work. Fox only brought $600 with her and her friend only had $250. They spent eight or nine days in a pensione before getting tossed out onto the street. Homeless in Milan at 17.

Visit <A class="link" HREF=http://www.popgurls.com/article_show.php3?id=661>Pop Gurls</a> to read this fun and lengthy interview in full.<center></center>

2. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Nice interview. It's great to know that the actors actually have a good relationship and also good to know that the producers/writers are open for actors' suggestions.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

That was a great read, what a delightful person, how she loves her cast mates, really a positive girl, and that her and Greg hang out, how cool, and fun ;) she's fantastic!

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

She's so different from the character she plays. lol. And I mean that in a good way. :D

5. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

She's awesome. I still think she'd be cool to hang out with. Really nice and friendly, and down to earth. :)

I thought this was an interesting bit:

"Will there be a Season Eight of CSI?

Yeah, as far as I know, everybody will be back."

6. kcwillowscsi

kcwillowscsi Victim

When was this artical done? I am a bit confused, because if it was recently, and she said that she is 1 of only 2 female characters on CSI, then her count on the female characters is off. There are 3.

7. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

She's talking about the beginning of the series, when it was just Sara and Catherine and the writers wanted there to be tension between the two women

As she states in the article, the interview took place while they were making Empty Eyes, so it was done this year.