Grissom & Sara #26: It's So Obvious, Isn't It?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Alyssa, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Ya this place has exploded with spoilers which means my ass has been pushed out. I too was attempting to study, but then CSI: Miami was on, as well as the White Sox Game, I put my books down real quick.

2. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^^^ it's nice to have you here though. it's Matt, right? how awesome that we have another guy here! the last one i remember was Fabian, but he still pops in from time to time. totally cool, stick around.

so yeah, accounting.

3. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Yes it is Matt, and I should be reading Part 2 of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" right now since I have a quiz on it at 11, but I doubt that will happen.

Oh and about being in the GSR thread, I'm trying to pick up some tips from Gris in case I am single when I'm 50 and I'm trying to get with young babes (that is only a joke GSR lovers).

Oh and I'm trying to follow in ur footsteps by attempting to avoid even the promos to be spoiler free, I don't know how long that will last.

4. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

yeah, and i'm STILL not studying my ledgers, journals and merchandising inventory.
    i can give you a tip that would work on me. if he's a GSR shipper or at least CSI watcher, i'm all his. lol
    i'm telling you, if you become s-f, it's actually easy to stay like this. the worst is the beginning though. and the easiest way in my opinion is to avoid everything. you know nothing, so you don't feel tempted to know more. it doesn't require any willpower from me right now anymore.

5. LadyDisdain

LadyDisdain Witness

My endeavors to remain spoiler-free for the end of the finale are being sorely tested by all the grumpy and sad graemlins I see in the spoiler boxes. I'm beginning to worry . . . :( If this many GSR shippers are unhappy with then end, then ack! :eek:

Anywho, to keep those of you who are abstaining from spoilers posting, I wanted to propose a line of discussion. Which would you rather see by the season's end: a kiss or the "l" bomb? I mean, if Grissom can get all that mileage out of "intimately," what could the man do with "I love you"? It might be sexier than kissing. Seriously.

Or, if you're not invested in that line of discussion, perhaps you could share why you are drawn to the GSR ship. Is it because Grissom is the sex, or because Sara is the sex, or because you identify with Grissom or Sara, or because you're a big old geek and you just can't resist two geeks in love? (Incidentally, it's all of the above for me.)

6. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

okay, i give up, i'm not studying today anymore, lol.
    yo, sorry but nothing is better than a kiss. i think iloveyou would be a little soapy for CSI, but a kiss, strangely, not. we've seen Catherine kissing, Warrick kissing, heck we've even seen Nick have sex. we've never heard a romantic iloveyou though. so yeah, basically the two of them are the only characters besides Greg that haven't had any real action on the show. Grissom had a bit with LH, but Sara had none. zero, null, nothing. so they owe us that.

i agree that an iloveyou from Grissom or Sara or both would be amazing. but if they won't go for the kiss, i'd like them to hug. besides, i'd like everyone to remember that you do not hug a person with your mouth, so during a hug, they can talk. like raw-emotions-iloveyou-ohmygod talk. but i still don't know about this one, cuz it again, feels a bit soapy. although TPTB can always do a light version of what i described and it would be even better.

Grissom is the sex.

7. nameless

nameless Hit and Run

OMG, I can't go to YTDAW and see the spoilers, so can somebody tell them to me? I couldn't undertand what happens exactly...

8. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

*ahem*

I just wanted to point out that had had anyone bothered to read my spoiler-tips thread yesterday, they would understand the importance of not overusing smilies in the spoiler boxes.

*whistles innocently*

As for why I got into GSR: one and one reason only... the plot demanded it.

Seriously.

I'm not saying that Grissom and Sara don't work together, or anything like that; obviously they do. WP and JF are marvelous together, and they really elevate the level of their scenes. The thing is, though, I really believe they could have done that with other actors/actresses too, had the story gone in that direction.

But the story didn't. It's set up GSR right from the second episode, and stayed alive even when writers & showrunners actively tried to kill it off. It's just organic to the overall series. So it had to be put in. That's just all there is to it.

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I both agree and disagree with The Dee. I've always been a canon shipper, meaning basically that I go with what the plot is telling me the ship is. Having said that, I did watch a lot of shows with multiple canon ships, and would typically pick my favorites.

Would GSR have worked with different actors? Purely from a storytelling standpoint, maybe. But these two actors have really been the ones putting a lot of shippy scenes together where there might not have been any before.

So... that's kind of the problem. I can't remove what I know of behind-the-scenes ad-libs and such from what I've seen onscreen. Certainly if the scripts were identical to what aired, all it really requires is good chemistry. Which JF and WP have.

So that's a hard one. Since I know how much WP has fought for it, it's difficult to say another actor could've played Grissom in this relationship.

But I get what you're saying, Dee - which is where my partial agree is coming from. I'm a canon shipper, but honestly, there have been other canon ships or potential ships on the show that have not really rung my bell, or kept me all that interested.

Okay - here's my example: I think that Holly tested badly, so they made Sara the permanent character instead. Had Holly tested well, I think they would've made Grissom and her have a similar kind of romance. I just got the sense from it that it was a possibility.

I don't think that with the sweet-faced Holly, the relationship would make as much sense.

Likewise, there was a lab tech Grissom was dating in the pilot. She seemed a little too "rough and tumble". It's a delicate balance.

Sara is, it seems, equal parts Holly and that lab tech. I think maybe neither woman tested well, so they put both women in a new character.

But anyway - the main part of my rant is just that it's too difficult at this point to try to separate Grissom and WP or Sara and JF.

10. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Well this is an easy one for me. I'd def. go for the kiss (I really can't believe I'm talking about this right now). When watching "Leaving Las Vegas" I actually said out loud "Kiss her already" after he said I'll miss you. I really would rather see a kiss then they jump to "I love you," they can save that for next year if they want.

11. LadyDisdain

LadyDisdain Witness

And this, mrb, is what I really love about Grissom and Sara. Their relationship is so understated that a kiss becomes a huge gesture, an "I love you" something more, and we shippers can wait a year between the two occurrences. The smallest hints of GSR suffice. And I love that.

I agree with you Miss Dee about GSR always being a part of the show. For me, it made almost no sense that, after six years, they hadn't gotten together. But then, we got the tasty little reveal at the end of season 6, and we could only assume they had been together since the end of season 5 or thereabouts, which for me, totally saved the show's logic.

Interesting post sarah. I've always thought Sara was a wonderful balance of tomboy and tenderheartedness. Part of what really makes this ship work for me is not only how terrific (and terrifically hot) Grissom is, but also how awesome Sara is. She's the character I identify most with on the show, so when she gets the love plot with Grissom, it's like I get it as well. (Don't read anything too dirty into that last clause, Egg! :p)

12. angelfire

angelfire Dead on Arrival

Hello everyone...I've been lurking here for a few weeks and finally decided to become a member last week. I have to say this thread was the first I read and I love the way you guys discuss GSR. You have wonderful insights and you all seem very friendly. By the time I can think of things to say, I find everyone's already said it!

About what I want next, I think it would be nice to a hug first and then maybe they can kiss in the finale. It seems that since they've taken it so slow, it would be a big jump to a kiss.

13. dirtylabrat

dirtylabrat Police Officer

The janitor's got a bit of a mental problem. Ya think??? :)) I'm not on the edge of my seat for the mini killer, I'm freaking out over Lady Heather and what sort of nasties will be revealed to Sara and how she will handle them. The entire trapped under a wrecked car idea sounds cheesy and played out. If the car's on fire, you have the makings of a bad 1970s Starsky and Hutch episode. *yawn*
    :rolleyes:

What is YTDAW? :confused:

14. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

*grumbles* I thought you might have had some secret way of getting the eps when they are first shown. :(

What did they cut from that? I forget. I know about the riffling around in the underwear drawer that got a bit racey. :lol: :devil: But I can't remember the rest.
    ETA: Didn't realise there was a whole other page!
    ....all of them. Grissom and Sara are both the sex. (great phrase btw ;)) The identifying thing with G I suppose although I've never really thought about it. No actually I have, just not out loud. ;) And yep, I'm a geek, and proud of it. Although I'm really more of an aspiring geek. :(
    *jumps up and down* It's her turn! Her turn! I vote for anything, give me anything and I will be happy. :D
    *giggles* LH of Spoilers in action. I love you MissDee! *hugs*
    Darn it. :devil:
    YAY! You're like me! Only it took maybe 3 months to become a member, then another few months to post! *hugs*
    What's your position on spoilers?
    Your Tax Dollars At Work I only go there when people on here tell me to. (Much like a sheep) The way it's set up freaks me out. Not quite so welcoming as here. ;)
    I agree. It is rather backwards if he tells her he loves her and we still haven't seen a kiss, but if it happens then thats' what happens, I'm not too bothered. You know I had forgotten about next season. I have been so caught up with what could happen before the finale, that I had forgotten about season 8! If we don't get a kiss this season there is always next season, after all Billy wants to kiss her before the show ends. ;)

15. Shipwrecked

Shipwrecked Police Officer

Yeah, I'm with you there. All of the above. Okay, honestly, I didn't really get into the whole "let's worship CSI thing" (which I do) until Season 5 was airing on CBS. And that's when I shipped Grillows.

Yeah, I'm a terrible person.

And while I watched Season 5, I was watching reruns on Spike and I was like, "Hey, Greg and Sara are so cute."

You can tell where I'm going from here.

And eventually, after watching reruns, watching CSI on Thursday (which was filled with major GSR angst during season 5), I converted. That's when Nesting Dolls and Committed aired. They made me happy.

So over the summer I pretty much watched CSI every single day. It got me caught up with the GSR facts and stuff. SDD is what really got me going. OH, and then I read this article in TV Guide over the summer that was like, "Hey, Grissom and Sara are going to be stuck in a hotel room together."

It never happened, but I realized that the writers were really pursuing this thing. Maybe I shoud ship GSR.

So I did. And my heart stopped when I watched WTG. Then I came here because I was so pumped.

I'm holding out for a kiss. It would actually be one of those few physical things we see between Sara and Grissom rather than just an eyebrow raise (Hey, but eyesex is good.) Actually, I had this dream about Sara and Grissom. (Adz, mind out of the gutter.)

But I don't feel like talking about that now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.