Episode #519 'Bloodline' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by ThumpyG42, Apr 7, 2007.

1. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

I thought everyone was fine. Cool episode.

2. ForgottnEvidence

ForgottnEvidence Police Officer

Okay! Omg! That was a pretty good epi! I like how they brought Anna back. That was very well written, I think.

By the by, in the prevs. for the next epi, H says "Everybody has their secrets."

3. csi_pinoy

csi_pinoy Lab Technician

man it wasnt as excitig as i thought it to be

4. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

yeah you goota admit it was a good ep...and lots of Ryan!!! ooooh something the show needed for all those Jon/Ryan fans :D

5. ForgottnEvidence

ForgottnEvidence Police Officer

Yes! I was happy to see they are getting him back in there! :D

Well, time for bed. Tired. :lol: Hope ya'll enjoyed the epi and good night! :D

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Guys, please remember to slow down with the posting and leave a reasonable length of time between responses. Just because it's a new episode, doesn't mean the Board Rules go out the window. ;) Thank you. :)

7. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

*ahem*
    1. What was Ryan wearing? Khaki with orange and weird jacket?
    2. What was Eric wearing? Would have been nice if it wasn't for the material it was using.
    (Who are dressing these people?)
    3. Horatio had a cold/allergies. Where is the nearest pharmacy?
    4. Why are all the crimes being solved in just one day?
    5. I like the new flashes that they are using on the camera.
    6. I'm glad they shed light on the Native American ancestry, and that you can find out if you are or not. A lot of people have ancestry but not everyone knows how much.
    7. I missed what tribe they are from. Was it Apalachicola? No, in all seriousness I think they did say the tribe, but I'm not sure.

In all seriousness, I liked the episode. It was different. But did they have to show the guy getting scalped before every commercial break?

8. csi_pinoy

csi_pinoy Lab Technician

ya they mentioned the tribe name a few times in this episode but sorryi dont remember what it was. and yes i agree the clothing line was a bit odd but they can pull it off lol and im guessin DC got the flue or somethin while they were shootin cuz this is like the 2nd or 3rd that hes had it

9. Painted_Shadow

Painted_Shadow Witness

You beat me to my first two questions! ;)

As for this ep...I feel cynical, and I HATE feeling that way. I want this show to be amazing. I wanted tonight to feel sincere, feel like a classic Horatio Helps People storyline, but it fell flat. For example, much as I wanted to rally behind his staredown with O'Shay, I just don't feel the latter's been around long enough to really be worth despising. He's not up to the arch-villain status Horatio seems to have assigned him - he was using the special in-your-face glower reserved for Very Bad Criminals, but come on, we only found O'Shay two episodes ago. I haven't built up nearly enough dislike yet.

Also still not fond of Anna, who seems to be reciting lines from a soap opera scene every time she talks - too breathless, melodramatic, and though she acts like Horatio's her savior, he still has to practically drag any pertinent details out of her. That, plus the Latina woman dressed in white, the burglarized home, the heart-to-hearts by the sea...too many (unwelcome) Marisol parallels. And of COURSE Horatio steps in to take care of Anna at the end. Of course. How many single mothers and their kids is he supporting nowadays?

Bluh...in an attempt to be less cynical, the one thing I really enjoyed was Calleigh's "break room is down the hall and to the right." I forget how silly and bubbly she can be; it's nice.

I'll be back later, most likely, when I've watched it again, and perhaps I'll have scrounged up some positives by that point.

10. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

I was laughing too. I liked it. It brought up memories of the good old days.

I'm also glad that Eric didn't mess up in this case. It seemed like he was almost back to his good old self.

11. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

Overall I enjoyed this episode, the plot was interesting and new. A few additional thoughts:

--I was really excited when they did the bit about the benzodiazepines b/c I just gave a presentation on those and I totally understood...and I usually don't. lol
    --My Frank meter is in the green! I saw him for 5.2 seconds. Not cool.
    --This O'Shea dude...I've got mixed feelings about him. IMO it would have been more interesting, and more plausable, if H was having this tango with Stetler or someone else worthy of my hatred. Not this old guy in cowboy boots.
    --we know H is not made of money, he doesn't need to be supporting this chicks kid. one, because thats just lame, buy a boat or something instead. two, if he starts giving her money do you know what that is going to look like?!?!? hello! she's a prostitute! *sigh* H is gonna get himself into trouble...

too much drama, I'm just waiting for CSI Miami to get a new slot between Guiding Light and The Young & The Restless

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Oh...now I have to go back and watch AGM...I knew she was from an ep I'd missed, just not which one. I'm not fond of her either; I know he likes to play 'Saint H' but he needs better girlfriends.

I did like Calleigh; wasn't sure what her exact quote was until I read here but it was funny anyway.

What was that about finding out about native ancestry? It sounds interesting; though I already know I have some; it's the history itself eluding me at the moment.

*agrees the scalp thing had a bit of an ewww factor* And Alexx, that was kinda funny too. "Mitts off, you know I handle all body parts" or something like that.

13. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I'm back.
    Let me guess the first question everyone wants to ask:
    WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN???
    The answer: Hazzard County.
    CSI: Miami got boring. I still recorded it every Monday. I just watched bits and pieces of the episodes after Throwing Heat. I did record them. But I didn't watch the recordings. Instead I'd just watch episodes of the old tv show Dukes of Hazzard on DVD. This episode of CSI: Miami got my attention and held it from the start so...

On to the thread's topic.
    This was the best episode of season 5...so far. I know this was only episode #19 and there's 5 more to go. So unless the rollercoaster ride continues and it goes down hill again like it did after Backstabbers and Throwing Heat, I'm gonna start being seen and heard more than I have lately.
    Like I said at the start of this post "I'M BACK!!!"

14. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

A little too much to hope for methinks. ;) It hasn't been amazing for nearly two seasons. Still, hope springs eternal, as they say!

15. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

Thanks. I used to watch Arrested Development all the time. I miss that show. Also, This is Spinal Tap is one of my favorite movies.

Pretty good episode. I think Jon and DC caught the cold I had last week. :lol: