Grissom & Sara #26: It's So Obvious, Isn't It?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Alyssa, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

*Shamefacedly gives Alyssa her cracker*

Seriously, I didn't think I came up with the first one, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out who did. But it was Alyssa. All hail Alyssa!

2. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

I thinks that the title should be some variation on The 'shaving scene' such as:
    GSR #27 "Trust me?" "Intimately"
    GSR #27 Intimately
    GSR #27 making shaving Sexy

Yes, we have:
    Grissom & Sara #16 - GSR: They've Come A Long Way BABY

GOing to bed now...Its snowing!

3. LadyDisdain

LadyDisdain Witness

I agree with all of you about how the non-flirty Grissom/Sara scenes just make them seem an even better couple. They are responsible and ethical. (Speaking of which, it always bothers me when I hear Grissom's relationship with Sara called unethical. It would be unethical if he unfairly promoted her--which he hasn't--and it would be unethical if they allowed their relationship to detract from their work--which they don't. I mean, look at the fools on Grey's Anatomy, inducing heart attacks in patients in order to move them up the transplant queue--all in the name of love! Now that is supremely unethical.)

Which leads me to another little well-intentioned rant.

I've been hearing grumbling (not here, but elsewhere) about how the finale sounds fanfictiony (usually by people who do not ship GSR). High drama has always been a part of CSI. Heck, they killed off a CSI on the very first episode. What will make the finale different from fanfiction is the level of understatement with which these highly dramatic events--Sara getting snatched, Grissom getting panicked, GSR getting outed--will be written. In my experience, fanfiction tends to be more overt than its televised or cinematic counterpart. Part of that has to do with the nature of written versus visual media, part of that has to do with the our love for detail and how detail works to approximate the complexity of "real" life. This is just a long way of saying that I disagree that the plot elements of the finale are fanfictiony. What makes something fanfictiony is not plot, but how that plot is written. (Caveat: please don't think this means I have anything against fanfiction. I don't. I think fanfiction production and consumption are wonderful cultural phenomena. It's just that the fanfiction style of writing and the CSI style are usually quite different. Fanfiction exists because we like to fill in the gaps that the more minimalist aesthetic of a show like CSI necessarily leaves.)

Whew! I feel so much better now.

Here are a few lame thread titles.

Shaving All My Love for You

I Held His Hand. Now Hold Mine.

I'm Sure He Had a Good Excuse

Do You Trust This Thread? Okay, But Do You Trust It Intimately?

Waiting for the Cocoon to Hatch

ETA: Looks like chocolate bunnies and I had some similar thoughts about the thread titles. Great minds, etc.!

4. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

Choco-B, you are definitely the Queen of Lists! Do you really have all the previous names of the thread tucked away somewhere?

*laughs hysterically*

That's definitely getting one of my votes!!

5. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Ah darn. Well.. Hmm.. I can't think of anything creative at all.

GSR #27: Intimately in love

GSR #27: Gaining perspective

GSR #27: The LoveBugs

:D

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

LadyD that was funny Shaving all my love for you :lol: I pretty much like all of them.. here's some more .. guess we could do this all night ;)

We're together, get used to it

Grissom and Sara, two bugs in a rug

Grissom and Sara..forever

[​IMG]

7. Shipwrecked

Shipwrecked Police Officer

Haha, nice pic Desert.

Wow, Thread titles already... All I can think of are some old quotes I'd like to use. Catherine had a good one.

Maybe he's got himself a girlfriend named *Insert Sara here*
    Sara's taste has definitely improved
    They stay in bed Saturdays

8. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

Wow, Thread titles !!!

the letter, shakespeare: GSR: to heart's and eye's delight
    Intimately together
    GSR:pure Love
    Don't cry my dear...I'm with you

9. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Helloooooooooo. Long time no see.

Just popping in for thread titles, really. I really like IloveBilly's suggestion "GSR:to heart's and eye's delight". I've got a couple of suggestions of my own:

"He held her hand just like she held theirs" (EE/ND/BL combo reference)
    "A few tears won't rip them apart" (EE & punnage)
    "The closest shave a man can get" (FI/Gillette [heh, Gil + woman = Gillette? :p] Mach 3 pun/reference)

I also like the simple suggestion of "Intimately", too :)

So there you go. Have fun.

I think GSR's been pretty rockin' lately. I wasn't as OMG about the whole hallway/hand-on-back thing in EE as everyone else was. It didn't seem as publicly intimate to me as others were suggesting - it would seem understandable for me to have a boss lead a teary employee/friend out like that. Plus it was after hours and just the janitor seemed to be around, so even if they had been more intimate, it's not as if they were doing it around a hallway full of people.

I'm not trying to put a damper on the GSR, that's just the way I perceived it. I don't think they're being any less careful about keeping their relationship discreet.

The tear-wipe was really beautiful though, as was their silent communication & understanding.

And as Alyssa said, I was cool with Big Shots being GSRless (heh, that's BS! ...*ahem*) - couples aren't lovey dovey all the time, and it's totally cool for them to just chill out and do their jobs without needing to flirt or be suggestive or sappy all over the place at the same time.

Go our couple :)

Oh, and btw, while I'm not finale spoiler free, I am MCSK spoiler free, so all the spoiler info I get will be filtered through Fogs (she's still around...somewhere) :p I ain't looking in any of the boxes at all - I know the mistakes people can and have made, and I don't want to fight the urge to open up a can of whoop ass in here if/when it happens again.

Remember to do your best to talk about things other than thread title suggestions when you post, you guys. Suggestions are great, but the thread ought to have actual conversation/discussion going on, otherwise it's kinda spammy.

Now I'm off and away! *flies*

10. nameless

nameless Hit and Run

It's finally this time again! I like your suggestions, some of them are so funny :))
    Okay, so mine are:
    GSR #27: We're not ready to say Goodbye
    GSR #27: He's her favorite tissue

BTW, I was just browsing the old GSR Threads, the very old ones, like, from 2 years ago and I suddently remembered that time when our geeks weren't together yet I just missed it so much. Don't get me wrong, folks, I am SO happy that they hooked up, but do you remember how we wondered "Did he mean what we all thonk he meant?". I remember watching Commited or Swap Meet and saying to myself "How much longer will it take you to realise that you belong together?". I guess when you really want something and whe you get it, you kinda miss the old times :) Or maybe it's just me. I just wonder, if TPTB hadn't done something with them and the eps had only little insignificent "moments", what would they look like...
    Nonetheless, I'm very happy that they are together and I will make anyone who threatens their relationship suffer. Right now I'm thinking about Catherine, I don't know why. Maybe if she finds out about the relationship, she'll go "It's a bad idea, it's only trouble, are you sure?". I'm not responsible for my actions if she pulls something like that...

11. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

That's brilliant! :lol:
    Awesome too. You're really good at this! :D
    Agreed. It wasn't as public as was spoiled. He probably would have done the same thing if it was Catherine and they are just good friends. That is something that is rather odd though, Catherine and G are good friends, at least they used to be, but how can she not know that G has a gf? Surely she would feel comfortable asking him? Maybe they aren't such good friends since Nesting Dolls. It's a shame, the C/G friendship was really nice. :(

12. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

*cough* I have NO idea what your talking about *cough* ...........Ok I give in, I have a thing for keeping lists:

Grissom & Sara # 23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding Love

Grissom & Sara #22 - Tongues Cost More

Grissom & Sara #21 - Cuz Dating Secretly is SO Much Cooler

Grissom & Sara #20 - Who Cares? The Shirt’s Coming Off Anyway

Grissom & Sara #19 - We Found GSR in the Bedroom

Grissom & Sara #18 - You. Me. This table. Now.

Grissom & Sara #17 – Good at Mouth-to-Mouth

Grissom & Sara #16 - GSR: They've Come A Long Way BABY

Grissom & Sara #15 - GSR: It'll Be Fun

Grissom & Sara #14 - Gray Hair is the New Thermite

Grissom & Sara #13 - GSR: So Hot it will Burn through Steel

Grissom & Sara #12 – Grissom gave IT to me last Christmas…

Grissom & Sara #11 - WE know what to do about "This"

Grissom & Sara #10 - Meet Me in the Gutter & bring the Tape!

Grissom & Sara #9 - The Sacred Duct Tape

Grissom & Sara #8 - Cite Your Source

Grissom & Sara #7 - I've got a gal named Sara...

Grissom & Sara #6 - Chalk... From Plaster

Unfortunatly...I dont have the first 5 names.*looks at everbody with BIG eyes*[​IMG]
    PLLEEAASE If you know the names of the first 5 treads. Inform me.

Lists:
    Dont make fun of, poke, or inaproprtly touch them.

Who will find out?

Brass:
    brass_lives
    desertwind
    eggbe4thechicken
    Emul_webs
    Herzeleid
    nameless
    sarahvma
    theatresporter
    Turtlebaby

Catherine:
    Adzix
    Alyssa
    gsrLOVE
    MissDee

Doc. R:
    SnowAngel58

Nick:
    NicknGrissom

Warrick:
    Chocolate_bunnys
    SaraSidleRules8

Other:
    Fogi-BRASS, CATH, DOC ROBBINS and WARRICK

All right please post, PM, hit me with a stick and scream at me, If these are wrong.
    This is my sad attempt to distract the spoiler-whores from the spoilers

13. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

chocolate_bunnys pls, put my name in the list too
    for me, who will find out?
    Catherine

14. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Ya. I hope Catherine is the first to find out. :cool: I'd love to see her expression..

"If it wasn't so obvious, maybe I'd be more surprised..." :lol: That would be classic.

15. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

Not really a spoiler, but there is a hint of GSR in the promo, kind of..well not really it's just my dirty mind again. Sara says to Wendy (I think) "You never really know what's going on in your office." :devil: Office Sex.
    Annnnnnd I have nothing else to say.
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.