Grade 'Zoo York'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

The Bravery at the beginning... YAY!
    Spiders... EEW!
    I hate spiders. Totally.

Soon I start to like NY more than LV.
    Do I have other thoughts?
    Nah, episode was good. Not the greatest but good.

2. Skippy9474

Skippy9474 Victim

By the way, does anyone have some screecaps of this episode? (They are not up yet at pastmyshoulder.com)

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^It just aired last night. I'm sure pastmyshoulder will have them soon--give them time. They always get stuff up quickly.

4. adder574

adder574 Witness

I liked this episode. It set up an intersting storyline with the Venetti's. Hopefully the writers will continue it in the future. I really liked Lindsay she seemed to be able to hold her own. She gave as good as she got. I loved the sir joke that Danny played on her. I agree that the resolution to the B story was week but overall I liked the episode. I gave it an A- because it would have been nice to have some mention of Aiden. Even some throw away line would have been nice.

5. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

It was a pretty good ep. I'm reserving judgment on Lindsey. I REALLY hope this actress isn't going to do the Vanessa Ferlito/Sabrina Lloyd thing and decided after a season or so that appearing on a highly-rated TV show is "too much trouble" for her to bother with.
    I totally agree that the motive for killing the deb was *very* weak. The woman had a lovely daughter and a succesful business, but her life had been "ruined" because some other woman stole her boyfriend 25 years ago?? Also, the mom of the dead girl mentioned that she and the girl's father were divorced. Wouldn't it have been a better "revenge" for the other woman to try to reclaim the guy -- since she wanted him so badly -- than to kill his daughter?
    My main problem with this epidsode: virtually no Mac/Stella interaction. That's my fave part of the show.

6. RBC

RBC Coroner

I thought it was a very good episode, Lindsay is going to be a great addition to the cast, but there are two small things dat I want to bring up:

1. It would be bettter if they showed something of the thieves from the beginning. I assumed it were thieves, since the security guard was chasing them and they had a bag.
    2. I think it's really crappy they didn't mention Aiden. Looks like the same they did with Speedle. Even Danny didn't mention her. In NCIS, when Kate was replaced for Ziva, Abbey was a bit bitchy to her and the others weren't that open too. I missed that with Danny.

EDIT: I thought the shots of the animals, especially the tiger of course, were very beautiful.

7. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Ok, the beginning of the episode was nasty. Actually, most of it was. I'm very sqemish when it comes to body parts and all that but I try my best to watch. The mauling part was a bit much though in my opinion. I'll admit that I was dissapointed when I was introduced to the two cases. I thought they were going to be boring. Stella's and Hawkes was a bit predictable and boring at some parts. Mac's team's case started off dead(no pun intended) but became more interesting as the episode progressed. I have an interest on the subject of organized crime so the mob part drew me in. The ending was awesome!

I'm actually taking a taking a liking to Lindsay even though I though I wouldn't. She's a definite asset to the team. She's loyal, intelligent and can hold her own ground. I love who she's not afraid to take charge of ths situation even though she's a newbie. Danny and her are sure gonna have some fun together as she gains more confidence. I really loved the interaction between her and Stella. Stella's a sweetheart. I hope a strong bond or friendship developes between the two. I think Mac has taking a liking to Lindsay as well. She will definitely make a positive impact on the team. I look forward to see what she contributes.

Stella looked absolutely stunning. Her v-neck sweater and pants combo looked great. Her outfit at the end looked nice too. I want to raid her closet and keep thar sweater. Her hair would be nice too have too. I wished Stella slapped the attitude out of that Missy girl. I didn't like that Missy one bit! That scene with the spider in the lab was either fantastic acting or sole fear. I don't blame her...spiders are my number one fear. Once again the tough Stella at the end was great as always. I love how she can be sweet one minute and then the next minute she's this tough woman. Her final scene was a bit touching. Who knows....maybe a future episode will begin to explore Stella's life as an orphan.

Like I said the ending of the episode was fantastic. Angry Mac is definitely sexy. I'm kinda glad the episode ended on that note because there's definitely a chance of more deeper exploration to the mob story. The lack of Flack disappointed me. It's like his screen time is decreasing each episode. Not good. Those baby blues need to be seen more. I wanted to see more Mac and Stella interaction as well. The overall grade that I gave for this episode was an A.

Unfotunately I was unable to catch the previews for next weeks episode. I do know that the ending of this episode has made me super excited though for next Wednesday!

8. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

When he approached the uncle's SUV, he pulled out his sunglasses and put them on almost in slow motion. It was terrifying.

Please, Mac, don't. Immitate Grissom, anyone, just not Horatio.

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I don't know if I want to see Mac rolling around with bugs anytime soon, but I totally missed the sunglasses move.

Maybe that's Horatio's NY secret--Mac is his long lost brother. Formerly Buford Caine, he's now...Mac Taylor! :eek: ;)

10. CSI_wannabe91086

CSI_wannabe91086 Lab Technician

I really liked this episode, though I did miss Aiden a litle bit. I'm loving the new coroner, and Lindsay isn't so bad. I'm gonna have to say, though, that Danny looked real fine in this episode. :D :D :D

11. misscsiny

misscsiny Lab Technician

I gave A...the episode was great, but not enough Flack!And I like Lindsay!

12. keljopy

keljopy Witness

Lindsay was great, although with her instead of Aiden and Hawkes in the field I feel like I'm watching a completely different show.

The spider thing? So the ex-boyfriend/sister's boyfriend/whatever just happens to have the species of spider which produces the venom that the killer produced synthetically? Or does the killer know this guy and that he has this spider? I'm just not buying it.

Other than that good episode.

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Pretty good episode, overall. I'm really interested into where Lindsay's character is going to be like.

14. Jaer

Jaer Police Officer

A-
    Not enough Flack...although Mac bitching to him about sneezing on his crime scene was amusing.
    B plot line resolution sucked. Usually when I hear a bad guy obsessing that much and planning a hideously complicated murder/crime I expect them to have a really dramatically evil cackle and a petulant "I would have gotten away with it if not for you meddling CSIs."
    Lindsay is okay. She wants to earn bonus points she'll get back at Danny for the sir thing. Maybe lock him in the cold room with the bodies and no hair product for a week.
    I like Hawkes in the field.
    Why are geeky lab guys named Zack? The nerdy almost-man on Bones is named Zack, too.
    Don't like Stella's new wardrobe. She went off about comfortable shoes and I really wanted to know exactly what kind of shoes she was wearing right then.

15. KatieHeartsCSI

KatieHeartsCSI Pathologist

The scene with Stella and the Spider's looked like pure fear. She looked deathly afraid of them. I was like "AW! Poor Stella!" :lol: She did look really grossed out/scared.