Horatio/DC #12: Miami Never Closes. Neither Does This Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Hunter, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horatios_girl

Horatios_girl Victim

Re: Horatio/DC #12: Miami Never Closes. Neither Does This Th

Thank you sooo much for the pics, I have never seen Marquez and he's sooo cute. As to DC, I love to see any man with a baby/toddler. TOOOO CUTE!! I'll have to pick up that issue next week. Thanks again....

2. gela_caine

gela_caine Victim

That was nice to read. Makes me glad that DC doesn't let it go to his head that his character HC is so pop, and has that effect on us. Aplause to the creator of HC and to DC for making HC be so realistic as it can be.

PS: Really nice pics too. :)

3. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

It is nice, DC believes in H as much as we do. :) It's such a blessing to know he feels that way.

4. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

So.. somehow I came across a link for how to be like Horatio Caine. I found it funny, and yet oh so true.

Steps
    1. First you'll want to develop an air of mystery about yourself. You don't want to blabber. Mysterious people don't have loose tongues.
    2. Have someone call you by the first letter in your name. This is an essential in becoming Horatio.
    3. Get a chemistry degree.
    4. Rarely smile or laugh.
    5. You'll want to stand with your hands on your hips a lot of the time while you stare off into the distance.
    6. Get yourself a group of 'followers' to report to you.
    7. Read the book of 'How to never be wrong in any situation'.
    8. Fall secretly in love with your brother's widow.
    9.Never wear short sleeves, you must remain a demeanor of 'cool' no matter the temperature.
    10.Speak...your words...in disjointed sentences. (This makes you sound mysterious and intelligent.)

:eek: Find the complete article here. :lol:

5. Grissom_Mad

Grissom_Mad Rookie

Lol. I can just imagine folks trying that. :p

6. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

I've actually developed "Horatio-isms" since I started watching the show. Its oh so sad but true lol. I tend to place my sunglasses in my collar and tilt my head when I talk to people. And how he talks to people? calmly, slowly and usually low? Thats actually pretty effective. It gets a lot out of people. I think he's onto something.

anyone else experience this? or am I out here in 'dorkville' all by myself?

7. CaRWash_Cutie

CaRWash_Cutie Rookie

ilh214: If you are in 'dorkville', you are SO not alone! :lol:

Actually I was talking to my friend the other day and we were saying that all the effective communications skills we've learned, we got from 'H'. I've tried to stay as serious as he is, but I usually end up cracking up in the middle of an immiation of him. I do use his 'voice' when I'm trying to convince my roomies of something or having a serious conversation. I can usually get people to see my side with that technique. It's awesome!

8. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Yeah Stef I think a lot of us are out there with you. I'll be standing in PE with my sunglasses and my hands on my hips and realize I'm imitating H. And some people who watch CSIM will look at me funny and I'll burst out laughing. I also find myself taking my glasses, which turn into sunglasses in the sun, on and off. I am turning into Horatio!

9. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Yeah that 'steps to be like Horatio Caine' i saw like a year ago, plus sombody posted already. ;) Anyways, H smiles plenty. *silence* Ok not plenty but still. :lol:

I'm was a bit ticked BTW. I tried to watch CSI Miami last night at 10 pm. Didn't come on again so i shut it off; ticked off. Then I just found out today by some of my friends taht it aired at 8 pm! I only have 5 channels but i'm quite happy with them. I haven't seen CM in 2 weeks! I'm dying here! And i don't even know if it was a new on or not. *crosses arms* Anyone see last nights episode?

10. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

^ I don't think it was new, Lora. The next new episode is supposed to air April 9th, so I'm guessing it wasn't. Welcome back BTW. :D

11. ilh214

ilh214 Pathologist

woo! 'dorkville: population 3' yay!

i'll be doing something H-esque around my mom and she'll look at my funny and say "youre doing that thing again, youre acting like Mr. Sunglasses" lol but since i don't know anyone else who watches the show no one else ever picks up on it.

i didn't like that basketball game sucking up my H-time last night either but its on right now so it's all good. :D

12. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Thanks for the info Lil. ;) And i'm happy to be back, Venice was breathtaking!

13. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

Damn college basketball is keeping me on edge for the upcoming episode...fortunately it's drawing nigh *cheers* I can't wait to see what happens between H and O'Shea.

*Dreamy sigh* I think we can all agree on that one :D If only it were his more endearing quality (instead of the Supercop bravado).

Sometimes I don't like cliffhangers for the sole purpose of making me wait two months to see what happens, and based on my experiences of such, I've mostly been disappointed, and I don't want to be disappointed with this particular event, so I'm hoping for a resolution by the end of the episode, or at least a partial resolution with lingering effects in S6. Since it concerns H in such a way, it may be interesting to see how it affects him, though.

14. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I saw the article...I agree, cute pics :)

*wonders if the older offspring (I forgot if it's boy or girl lol) or the one on the way have the red hair*

15. EmeraldEyes06

EmeraldEyes06 Lab Technician

Dorkville population just bumped up to 4!! :lol: I find myself putting my hands on my hips, or tilting my head at my family and friends when I'm talking!! :p My friend is going through a rough time right now, and I find myself ducking my head as I listen to her, and coming up with these amazing words of encouragement... I even said, "Hang in there." :) She said she felt better afterwards... I thought to myself, 'Thank Horatio Caine!!' :D

I have my eye on a pair of HC sunglasses for my birthday, so I can complete my 'look'... dark suit, check, badge, check, HC sunglasses, soon... :) :lol: I'm saying his one-liners all the time, especially, "Miami Style" and "We Never Close". One of my favourites to say is "That's what happens when worlds collide..." Soo cheesy, but I love 'em!! :D :lol:

That article was really nice, lovely scans! :) I love how David speaks of Horatio like he's real, and I can now appreciate that Horatio Caine truely does exist, thanks to David's passionate acting and love for the character... *sigh* He's so great, isn't he? :D

I saw the finale of NYPD Blue S1, and it was so hot!! :D I was so jealous of Robin, 'cos he kissed her!! I am so getting the boxset with my birthday money, and replay his scenes over and over again... and blush bright red at 'True Confessions'... :eek: Even before I wAtched a single episode of NYPD Blue, I fell in love with John Kelly immediately!! :lol:

I'm really worried about Horatio in the finale, but I'll pray that he will come out alright... if there was ever a way to show that Horatio Caine is human, than this is obviously the best way... I think... *gets paranoid* Oh, Horatio!!! Let us take care of you!!

Here's some lyrics from Tiger Lou's 'Oh Horatio', that are a fitting tribute to the impending S5 finale. If these are deleted because they're not allowed, that's okay. We should have a David Caruso/Horatio Caine soundtrack or something! Just a suggestion!:

I met Horatio five years ago...

I want you to notice
    I want you to care
    Oh Horatio
    Oh Horatio

I want you to notice
    I want you to care
    Oh horatio
    Please don't go
    Please don't go

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.