Eric/Ryan Slash--Unresolved Tension

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nozomin

nozomin Victim

2. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

i read it and it is quite comforting.......i'll post it here to save people the trouble of having to search for it....this is what it said.....

Ryan Wolfe has been hovering over Delko a bit, but gone is all trace of the animosity that used to exist between the two. Ryan is clearly concerned about Delko, and points out his mistake about the blood drops patiently. Delko, most likely worried about being benched or found unfit for duty, is upset, but Ryan never gets frustrated with him. These two have a unique friendship in the CSI universe, part brotherly love, part rivalry that at times turns not so cordial. But Jonathan Togo makes it obvious in Ryan's scenes with Delko that the younger CSI wants to help, not hinder his friend.

3. inge

inge CSI Level Two

aw, I read this too and I had a huge grin on my face.
    It's soo true.
    If one of them needs help, the other will try to help him.
    :D I also like the sentence with 'they have a unique friendship'.
    We only have to change 'part brotherly love, part rivalry' into part love, part rivalry. :lol: without the brotherly.

I think the rivalry is only there to hide their real feelings. They are not ready to admit it yet. ;)

4. SwiftTales

SwiftTales Lab Technician

I think the whole thing was heartwarming when I read it,
    Ryan and Eric definitely love each other :p they just have had so many bumps in the road that they're relationship isn't what it could have been
    I think that is a huge part of the appeal between the two, the tension, the arguments and yet the potential of something more
    They're so much alike in many ways but in some ways they're completely different, which causes an explosive relationship :p
    I can't wait to see the new episode.... It's Curse of the Coffin tomorrow.... any great scenes with Eric and Ryan?

5. inge

inge CSI Level Two

'Curse of the Coffin' is great! :D
    I didn't saw the episode, but I know about some scenes.
    There are a few Eric/Ryan scenes and they're joking.
    It's the episode with my fav dialogue.
    (I don't want to give away too much)
    Ryan laughes in the episode. :eek:
    I never saw him laughing only smiling.

I'm sure you will enjoy the episode. :)

6. ebonymist

ebonymist Police Officer

You'll love Curse of the Coffin SwiftTales. It's one of the best. :D A lot of Eric/Ryan time, and like inge mentioned, the dialogue is great!

The relationship that Eric and Ryan have is what keeps me watching Miami. I've said this many times (maybe even here before, I can't remember) but the great part about their relationship is that they don't take it for granted. They actually had to work to get where they are now, they had a few bumps along the way, but their bond is stronger because of it. 'Course that's just my opinion. ;)

I loved the scene in Triple Threat, even if I felt Eric got a little tense. Then again, that's just Eric being Eric. He doesn't like showing weakness if he doesn't have to. I think part of him is afraid that Ryan will expose his 'weakness' - not intentionally, of course, (because Ryan's been in exactly his position and knows what it's like not to want everyone to know he has a problem) but let something accidentally slip to Horatio that maybe Eric is having a little trouble.

7. SwiftTales

SwiftTales Lab Technician

Well that's great news :D I'm getting all exited, can't wait until tonight :p

And ebonymist, I know what you mean, it's one of the reasons why I love the relationship so much. I think that the events and situations have always had a big impact on their relationship, not just their words or their behavior

the time when Ryan came into the lab, for instance, then the stuff with Erica Sikes and then Marisol and the nail in the eye
    that's definitely had an impact on the way they behave towards each other as well

8. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

I can't think of any other relationship in the CSI series that is like this. So well-developed, and you can see the growth of their friendship from really unpromising beginnings. I like that the review says that Ryan is trying to help Eric and Eric is just afraid of getting put on the sidelines. Awwww!

I could understand Eric being a little worried that Ryan might let something slip. After all Ryan is a terrible liar, and if he were questioned directly, he might not be able to gloss over what Eric had done. Calleigh would be much more smooth about the mistake of Eric's she found.

I'm jealous that you can see COTC, SwiftTales! We're getting Nailed again this week, and we'll have to go through the rest of S4 again, before even starting S5. It's going to be months! :(

9. nozomin

nozomin Victim

I love that review.
    And I agree with you about changing 'part brotherly' into 'part love', inge . :D
    They always try to hide their real feelings, but Ryan has move on now.

I expect to see how Eric will perform. ;)
    Maybe when Ryan is in trouble.....

10. inge

inge CSI Level Two

wow, no new post in (nearly) a week. :eek:

I watched 'Double Jeopardy' today and it has some nice Eric/Ryan moments in it.
    First, they were both wearing orange. :lol:
    I liked the conversation between them about Erica.
    Hopefully Eric now knows that Ryan didn't tell her anything intentionally.
    You can also see during this scene that the relationship between them isn't so full of tension like before.
    Ryan was rather bold and Eric laughed about it.
    (not the original quotes, I try to translate the dialogue)
    Ryan: This sentence sounds familiar. Wait, it's my sentence. (or, I said it all the time)

A few months before, there would have been a fight about it. :rolleyes:

11. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

I really liked Double Jeopardy. I think the original words for that bit were "That sounds familiar. Wait, that's what I said." You're right that there would have been a fight about it before. Their relationship has calmed down and matured a lot by this point.

I really love when they're walking together in the hallway, and also when they're together in the dried up lake, looking for the body. They seem so together.

And of course, they're coordinated. They are soooo together! :D

12. nozomin

nozomin Victim

Dialogue from DVD
    Ryan: Oh. Where have I heard that before? Oh, that's right. I said the same thing.
    Eric: Give it a rest, Wolfe.
    Ryan: Equal time, bro'. Equal time.
    Eric: Yeah.

I like this part too. :D

And AliGtr, yes, they are so together.
    When they're walking in the dried up lake, two people who also Eric/Ryan shippers told me it looks like they're a couple shopping in a supermarket. :lol:
    http://img107.imageshack.us/my.php?image=csimiami4disc610yx1.jpg
    http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=csimiami4disc69zq7.jpg

They are so together and soooo close. :D
    http://img338.imageshack.us/my.php?image=csimiami4disc63ab3.jpg
    http://img341.imageshack.us/my.php?image=csimiami4disc68ni3.jpg

13. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

nozomin your so right. If someone changed the background you would hardly know the difference. Your second pic from that scene really does it because it makes me think he is looking at their grocery list and they are trying to decide if they have everything. :lol:

14. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

I love those pics. They really look like they're on the same side at last. And I'm so tempted to try taking out that background. I'd make a mess of it, but I really want supermarket shelves in the background. Eric's looking at the list, and Ryan's pushing the trolley. So domestic!

My favourite pic is the last one in the hall. They're standing soooo close! *squeeees*

15. nozomin

nozomin Victim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.