Grissom & Sara #26: It's So Obvious, Isn't It?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Alyssa, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cherryxoxoxo7

cherryxoxoxo7 Hit and Run

squee!!!!!!!!! That episode was really really really good, I squeed for at least three hours!! I knew ther was supposed to be some gsr (cause i watched that darn promo) but it was wayyyyy better then expected.

I loved the storyline, I knew nothing about it and in the beginning with the hand I screamed so loud, I like, wok up my parents and they yelled at me but it was worth it.

Same at the hospital. I totally thought he was a victim until sara was taking his prints and his eyes got all weird and i was all, oh shit! thats the guy!! scared the crap out of me. all in all, one of my favorite episodes this season and ever.

GSr was amazing.....ahhhhh

lady heather return????? wow... any ideas on her return/ or effects of return? dont know if this needed a spoiler box, but whatevs

2. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

My GSR reaction (FINALLY) to EE:

The end scene: It's Sara and Grissom. They're standing by each other, and he's already completely invading her personal space. She has her arms pulled around her, her jacket over her arms. It's a defensive stance, and the last time we saw it, she was protecting herself from Grissom as he said goodbye to her in the locker room. Tonight, he standing by her side, right there, helping her fend off the monsters as much as he can. She watches the images on the screen. After functioning on pure adrenaline for so long, pushing herself so hard to find the answers, she finally lets it come down.

The tears fall down her face, and she admits to him that she held the hand of the killer. She looks to him as a million emotions wash over his face. There's a bit of shock. There's the temptation to scold her, to tell her she shouldn't have done that. There's also compassion. As she turns away from him, compassion for his lady love takes over as the primary emotion. In the past, he would have given her a lecture, would have told her that she was chasing rabbits, would have cautioned her on getting too close to the victim and spending all her time in hospital rooms... He would have talked to her about winning and losing, and given her a riddle to ponder. Tonight, he has no words. There's nothing he can say.

Her telling him outright meant she wanted him to know. She wasn't trying to hide anything and keep him out of the loop. She was telling him in that moment why she had been so terribly affected by the whole thing, why she was standing there crying. She told him without him having to ask. She opened herself up to his opinion, to his ridicule, to whatever she thought he might offer. But, he only offered comfort. He reached up, wiping her tear away awkwardly with his left hand while his right arm wound around her back, letting her know he was there. She looks at him, her eyes searching his, reaching out. He looks down, the squints at her, realizing this isn't the best place to give her the comfort she needs. With a glance towards the door, he tells her they should go. She nods, following his lead, but his arm never moves from around her.

It's consistent for Grissom to have an arm around her. It really is. If you go back to Strip Strangler, as they walked away from the decoy operation, he has his arm around her, protectively. If you listen, you can actually hear the sound of his hand touching her back as he leads her away. In Blood Drops, he walks arm in arm with her across the busy street. Then, puts an arm around her to steer her clear of the sprinkler they pass so she won't get wet. It's instictual for him to put an arm around her when he's worried, concerned, and not paying attention to his own fears about doing so. When they walk out, he wants her to know he's there for her. As the camera smashes to black, she turns towards him. She feels the love that he's offering her, and it's incredibly sweet.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

BOY, there sure is a lot of dissension and controversary, on the "EE' discussion thread :mad: so many fans are so adamandtly against this paring.. amazing and strange. but whatever.. we know[​IMG] an a couple more pictures for you all on that great ep.

[​IMG] the "look's" [​IMG]

[​IMG] Sara and the "freak" EWWWW, scary minute, she was spectatular .. great actress ;)

4. Herzeleid

Herzeleid Rookie

i have found the good in GSR.com playing streaming. you can watch the clip frame by frame as it loads. or at least on my slower than average comp you can. and let me tell you, gris' facial expressions in the last scene..wow. every frame told a different story, it was beautiful!

egg, i pm'ed you :p
    i've been getting my spoilers from a few different places, obviously the next ep is going to be greg centric. any word on gsr yet..? im greedy i know hehe

5. butterflylove206

butterflylove206 Prime Suspect

I don't know what I would do if there wasn't grissomsararomance.com I luv it! I have every GSR scene from seasons 6-7 on my computer and I have GSR marathons when I get bored.
    speaking of boredom, I posted this fanfic I wrote when I first saw the promo for EE and was in a bad mood already. So if you're bored I would love you forever for reviewing it. It's The Hardest Thing To Do over there so yeah.

ok I don't know about anybody else but normally even when an episode is really sad like one with kids or somthing I'm still sitting there just thinking about trying to solve the case before they do but whenever Sara gets involved emotionally so do I (especially EE and To Tough To Die) and I end up sitting there crying! anyone else or just me?

6. Herzeleid

Herzeleid Rookie

I get the same way. Every time I see her reacting to a sad situation I always find myself mumbling random stuff like "No Sara, not again.. Don't cry.. it's ok.. NO. NO! BAH! She's crying....." hehe. Now at least we know Gris is there to wipe away the pain.

7. Desertwind

Maybe whats-her-face will walk in on this.. imaginations run rampant[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

desert that picture is AMAZING!!! WOW!

Ok so I dont know how many of you have seen Somethings Gotta Give but when I was watching it for like the 100th time today, something stood out. Jack Nicholson really reminds me of pre-canon Grissom with Diane Keaton being a overly dramatic version of Sara. Jack isnt good with his words when talking to Diane about his feelings for her (stutters, mumbles, misleads). And Diane just puts her heart out there for him to smash.

Then you have Jack, who leaves for awhile (uhh sabbatical anyone?) and returns with a really shaggy beard. So Grissom. Now Sara doesnt reject Grissom when he comes back beard and all, but its an interesting parallel.

Ok Ill stop trying to have it make sense.

Other than that, yay for GSR tear wiping, shaving, veggie burger giving, hall stalking, love letter writing, coccoon giving fun!

9. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

I do that too! You can watch for ages! Also the scenes never get old do they? :D

dw That pic is amazing! How on earth did you manage that? I think it is the hottest thing I have ever scene. *stares* Also...mmm...I won't say...:rolleyes:
    Me! It's got Keanu Reeves in it. Of course I watched it. :lol:
    Doesn't reject him, but the beard...yes. Do we blame her?
    Now that is a thread title. :lol:

One last thing! O/T Whoot! It's my birthday! I got drunk last night, completely legally! (Bought first drink at 12.01am ;)) I will make this CSI related...who would love to see Grissom off his trolley? *raises hand* Bet he would start rambling on about his bug collection!

10. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Still, though... you could tell she wanted to say something else when she went, "You look..." different? healthier? like a wild man lost in the forest for weeks surviving on handfuls of berries and fighting off mountain goats before taking their hair as proof of victory and glueing it to your chin? "...good."

"Oh, thanks." *rubs the beard of mountain goat victory*

11. SaraSidleRules8

SaraSidleRules8 Lab Technician

Holy FREAKING crap you guys! I was SERIOUSLY going through GSR withdraw! So...I'm in Orlando in another hotel from the previous one that we were in since Thursday. (Does that make sense?) Anyway...I now have internet connection. I miss you guys! Made my sister get to the hotel before 9 so I could see EE. :lol: Okay...going OT...on to the good stuff..

EE: GOOD. LORD. The BEST episode in CSI history. I literally screamed when the guy grabbed her in the hospital! And I'm in a hotel mind you. The end scene? I freaking cried. Kinda upset though that there wasn't a hug but the whole leading-away-to-the-door-to-go-home scene was good.

The only thing that pissed me off is the fact that there were damn subtitles on the screen and I couldn't take them off! :mad: Talk about FREAKING mad. :mad:

So...definately picked EEE! Because...yeah. NO words could describe how I felt watching that episode. JF needs an Emmy.

12. Desertwind

I so agree. it was fantastic.. did you realize that there's actually fans who thought if was ho-hum.. or awful.. what's up with that? guess different perspectives, and were they watching the same show as us? unbeliveable.. oh, well.. what on earth could be better? crys..[​IMG] and thanks eggb4 it's from my friend Marabeth, good manip, huh?

Some more from 'EE" the looks[​IMG]

THE LOOKS

FEEL THE LOVE

13. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

Just popping in to wish eggbe4thechicken a Happy Birthday, and that she might, just once, get to see Grissom drunk off his ass! :)

14. SaraSidleRules8

SaraSidleRules8 Lab Technician

OOH! Yay Eggy! Happy B-Day! Drink one for me sister! :D

15. Herzeleid

Herzeleid Rookie

::drink shoots out nose:: hehehehehe..you rock! ow, that hurt though..

BTW, happy birthday egg!!

GSR...GSR...hmmm. oh! i was at work at an ungodly hour and picked up the TV Guide.. good times good times.

so most people automatically suspect LH will somehow coerce Gris into decision making time. yes, his mind has been made up for a while, yet some anti-GSR's are holding on to the hope they'll split and/or go back to the angst 'heaven' we were in for 6 years. while reading the article first hand, of course, it said she'll change them in an unexpected way. well that got me thinking whilst playing with frosting all day. How can you change GSR unexpectedly through using LH? you cant! if it were expected then and only then would they change because LH has always been in their way. we've expected that for years. finally she will be out of the way and our geeks will remain as, if not stronger than, they are now. i hope that made sense. i really didn't sleep much :) That being said I went through some scenes in my head, most were gibberish, 99% of them were completely OOC (ex: LH being an ordained minister, or loaning her park for the wedding) but it seems to me that every epi LH is in we see those awkward OOC moments at least from Gris. So question for you guys.. what can Gris do that's OOC but safe for the show concerning LH and GSR?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.