"Empty Eyes" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 21, 2007.

1. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I thought the episode was okay. About time they showed Sara had a heart along with Hodges. I was waiting on Grissom to hold her there at the end but...............LOL. I didn't understand why the city settled myself but...........that's politics for ya. As much as Grissom hates politics I'm surprised he wasn't just as much if not more upset about it than Greg was. Go figure. LOL

2. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

well, to me the episode was awesome. it was the Blood Drops of this season, and i enjoyed it so freakin much that i already rewatched it.

i loved every bit of it and i've never felt it was rushed or anything. i agree that it was a very personal ep for almost every one on the team and i liked how it all played out.

the moment i saw that guy lying there, i knew he was the killer. it's probably b/c we've seen his back in that car before. i thought the blonde guy tried to kill him though.

the GSR scene was so OMG that i'm still speechless. the way he cared about her, didn't give a damn who'll see them anymore, and how they understand each other without words is the reason why i love this pairing so much. you cannot miss the chemistry between them.

overal rating - 9/10

3. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

The fact that the city settled should not be seen as a 'hit' against Greg. In most cases, municipalities will settle cases early to avoid extended trial time, press and expenses. Also in most cases the party involved would be suspended until such time as the matter was settled, so they like to have their employee back at work instead of being paid but not working.

4. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

oh and i forgot to add what were my thoughts during the Hogdes scene with the cell phone:

oh crap Sara forgot her phone. oh gawd DH is looking at it and GSR will be uncovered ... wait, 'Mom'? heckfrigginno ... Laura Sidle? now what does SHE want? ... wait ... what is he saying? is it Hodges' mom? OHHHHHHHH, it's the viiiiiic's phooone. uuuhh huuuuuh.

that scene confused me a little, lol.

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

One more thing: Why'd this ep have the extra words at the beginning, the written advisory. I don't recall any other eps doing that, unless they did and Spike's just cut them.

6. allmaple

allmaple Judge

in canada at least all the episodes that are a little more graphic have the viewer discression advisory. when they showed all the girls there was lots of blood and their slit throats were quite gorey. there must be guidelines as to what does or does not need a warning.

7. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Probably because of the throat's cut, times 7. This was one of the most graphic episodes of CSI of all-time.

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Advisiories are give when they are on a "Network" channel within the still alotted timeslots that minors will be viewing (or those with quesey tummies). Cable channels are getting into this too but they aren't big on it as "Network" Channels are.

I didn't mind the story, it didn't hold my interest all that much and the killer didn't hold my interest at all, what did hold my interest is the fact that they really as allmaple said tried to make the victim more center stage, right down to the killer not even feeling a thing about it as he said in the ending scene on his confession.

The killer made that most notable to me when he said "they had "Empty Eyes"" bring to front the name of the ep, and the fact that the victims & the crime were to be the main reason for the ep, and everything else surrounding it second string which only gave more notice to the main.

As to Greg, I admit what the city did by settling does make it seem like they believe, or that he looks guilty, BUT here is the catch in all this, Greg was represented so why wasn't he informed by his representive instead of by Grissom. It seems to me IMO that maybe there is a chance that while the city might settle that does not necessairly mean that Greg's representive or he himself would agree to that. Unless his representive was produced to him via the city in which case thats a conflict of interest and Greg may have a case for that and still be able to stand on his own. The civil suit was against I believe "The City", "The PD and/or Lab", & "Greg", now from what I gather the first two sets have decided to settle, but for it to all be over so would in effect greg.

As to Hodges, I don't necessairly think he was in the wrong by answering the phone, many states a lab tech wouldn't be in trouble for answering and even giving the news. Considering they knew who the girls were so the Family should have been given the info as it was Warrick had to tell the one girls grandmother. I would think if anything as I have said before if hodges were to get anything at all it would be told next time, let it ring, then pass off the info to either one of the CSI's (ie Grissom/Catherine, ect) or to Brass/sofia, etc.

I have noticed alot of people mention Warrick going back to his old haunting ground to give the grandmother to the girl the bad news and hear of his youth and family. But unless I missed it I didn't see where it was mentioned that he said his grandmother passed away, which means unless the writers come up with another family member, we won't being seeing any from him. As folks have mentioned liking to see family for him.

Though I haven't given my full review of the ep my Overall number on this would be 8.5/10 The fact that they went slow with the beginning and moved quick with the ending it didn't IMO even out at all and just kind of took from the story and its focal points.

9. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Id say 7.9 out of 10, being Sweet jane like a 4 and Loco Motives 9.6.

It was mentioned that Warrick's grandma passed.
    The ep is up on innertube for whoever didn't tape it and wants to see it again.

10. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Yes, Destiny -
    The older lady did mention his grandmother's passing.
    Lady: Warrick Brown. I remember you standing over my steps with those guilty green eyes, afraid to come in 'cuz you knew your grandma would size you up no matter what kind of trouble you got into.
    Warrick: I don't remember any trouble.
    Lady: Like when you were 13 years old and you took a new Buick out for a spin.
    Warrick: Oh, when I banged the bumper trying to parallel park. I forgot about that.
    Lady: I haven't seen you since your grandma passed.
    Warrick: Yeah, well the old neighborhood reminds me of how much I miss her.

11. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

the best episode of the season , sara centric-episode, sweet gsr...wonderful episode no doub.

12. Csilover4191

Csilover4191 Civilian

HI..does anyone know where I can watch this episode online beside innertube? When I went on innertube it would only let me watch the first two parts for some reason. If you could let me know that would be amazing. Thank you.

13. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

You can buy it on iTunes, Amazon, or Google Video

14. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

This is a HUGE mistake in the episode, a serial killer like him would NOT do that. He completely got away with the crime, it doesn't fit the discription of a psychopath. The crime wasn't really explored enough, and it was so rushed. And why would sara go to the autopsy? There were just so many sloppy things in this episode...

I give it a 4/10, and thats being generous.

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

[​IMG] my sentiments excatly ;).. I thought it was riveting from the beginning to the end. I found no flaws at all, great story.. great writing.. great cast, and Jorja, amazing acting, her expressions, she's so good..I felt her pain, she's so compassionate, and caring.. always has been.. deep enotions and finally Cath in the background.. and Sara at the forefront.. and hope they continue to keep on keeping on... CSI ROCKS[​IMG]