The Dresden Files *Spoilers*

Destiny

Still Sanity Challenged!
Premium Member
This show airs on the "SciFi" Network. Sundays 9:00 PM EST

About The show:
Based on Jim Butcher's best-selling novels, The Dresden Files tells the story of Harry Dresden, a regular-guy private detective with extraordinary abilities. While most people see assaults, kidnappings or murders as the work of people with a depraved indifference for human pain, Harry is as likely as not to see the work of supernatural villains.
That's because he's a wizard. The real thing (and the only one listed in the Chicago phone directory). Whether consulting for the police on seemingly inexplicable crimes or following his own cases, he battles dark forces with a wry sense of humor.

The Cast:
·Conrad Coats as Morgan
·Paul Blackthorne as Harry Dresden
·Rebecca McFarland as Susan
·Terrence Mann as Bob
·Valerie Cruz as Karrin Murphy

Okay I taped the ep and watched it, and at first I thought okay another show that is going to suck, but I liked it, instead of the same ole same ole, it was refreshing change. I like how they explain him today by using flashes of him as a child. Now that uncle makes my skin crawl he so did not want to take care of him as a child, just the opposite he wanted to use him for something more evil is my guess.

Now I know this show was approved for 13 eps, but I hope it really gets picked up for more eps and seasons.

I saw a commercial for it a while back, and have been meaning to catch it, hopefully I do soon and we'll have something to talk about

Oh the first episode was soo excellent, and the episode tonight, definitly very cool, trust me its got drama, comedy and its unique.

Its sort of like a twist between Ghost whisperer, medium, charmed, and columbo :lol: Paul does a great job and normally I am the type that waits until the third episode before I really either click with a show or give it any type of review, but this really caught my eye and it was like wham awesome.

The second ep "THE BOONE IDENTITY" will air again on Tuesday Jan 30th at 11:00 pm est. If that helps.

Wow Scifi ran 3 shows I believe it was I missed the last one was so tired and this sunday at 9pm I believe is the season finale, I hope they pick this show up its funny and its good. SO anyone else besides me see it?

I love this show! I'm glad that somebody finally made a thread about it.
I try to watch it every Sunday when it's on but my mom talks to much at church so I don't always get to see it.
This week is the season finale? I didn't know that.
I think that Paul Blackthorne does a wonderful job playing Dresden.

I thought this week was the finale but apparently not cause this is what I learned. - The futon critic has this up "completes airing its first season on 4/15/07; has yet to be renewed for a second season." scheduled amount of eps 12. -- Here are the list of names of eps, and light descript of the next 3 eps Not a lot of spoilers in it, its from Tv.com so the dates are subject to change.

[SPOILER="The other dick" 3/25/07]When Chicago PI Jim Brennan is murdered by supernatural means, Harry must team up with Brennan's assistant to find the murderer

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="What About Bob" 04/01/07]Things seem to be going well between Harry and his new flame until she walks out on him... and takes Bob's skull. Now Dresden must find Bob and rescue him from the clutches of an old enemy. But will Bob want to be rescued?

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Things That Go Bump" 4/15/07]Morgan and Ancient Mai must come to Harry for protection and shelter from powerful enemies of Mai's. They make it to the relative safety of Dresden's place, but suddenly find that they are all trapped by a powerful spell. Now Harry must work with them to find a way out before the spell turns deadly.

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Second City" 4-12-07]Dresden and Murphy must work together to solve the mystery of a former gang member who drowns on dry land, miles from the nearest lake. Meanwhile, Murphy's father is in town, and he doesn't have a very high opinion of his daughter's freelance consultant.

[/SPOILER]

Trivia: Actor Nicolas Cage is one of the Executive Producers

Those sound like they will be good episodes. I hope that this show gets renewed for a second season, because I really like it.
Have you read any of the novels that the show is based off of? I just finished reading the first one, and its was pretty good.
And Nicholas Cage is an executive producer? That just makes this show even better!

I know what you mean, I am taping all of the eps, I am hoping that they repeat in the summer the ones I didn't tape, this way if the show isn't picked up which is really mean thing to do, then I will have all 12 eps.

Kelsey Grammer heads Medium
Nicholas Cage heads Dresden files

Seems to me alot of popular actors are staking their hands in tv shows and making them hits.

I wish that I would have thought to tape the shows. I think that I am caught up though, because I watched the Dresden Files marathon Friday evening.
Thanks for telling me that Kelsey Grammer produces Medium. I didn't know that either.

It's a TV show? Wow... I read one of these books and loved them, I think it was called 'Dead Beat', and teh humor was great... Like when he called his dog 'half great-dane half wolly mammoth' :lol:. I hope this gets aired in Oz.

It is now, I hope its renewed for more then 12 eps. It's got a funny flare to it, the problem is if you thought CSI wasn't getting a lot of ad time, then I just found a show that gets even less. :lol:

The problem with using books to tv is that people expect everything in the books to be in the series. for instance instead of little car that dresden uses in the books they use an old jeep style because the actor being so tall can not fit in a little car, some of the timelines are changes as well as props to make it more adaptable to tv.

I personally never read the books, so I have nothing to compare it to but I still love the ep, there are some shows that were adapted from books I did read a couple of books of and it still had no effect on my thoughts of that show, because of the fact that in my mind there would be changes. to make it more for tv. :)

Back