Gilbert <3 Cathy #26: PureJoy--Layout Room. Right Away!!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by mj0621, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Re: Gilbert <3 Cathy #26: PureJoy--Layout Room. Right Awa

I agree with you hhunter. With regards to their past relationship, the first season was giving us a fair amount of backstory. It was helpful that way.

As for them being married throughout the series, I think that would have been a good idea. Not just because I'm a shipper, but because it brings an extra dimension to the show. Their marriage doesn't have to be a bed of roses 100% of the time - even Marg says that no marriage is like that.

But I do think it would have added an extra dimension, and some possibly uncomfortable moments. Look at everything that's happened in the series.

If they were married how would:

Catherine have dealt with Sara's moony eyes over Grissom?
    Gil have dealt with Warrick's attraction to Cath?
    Would they have taken arguments at work home?
    Would arguments from home come to work?
    Would they have more children to be concerned about?
    What would have happened with Lady Heather?
    How would Gil have felt seeing Catherine so distressed when Eddie died?

Lots of interesting possibilities there.

2. csiemily

csiemily CSI Level One

i know! and when a couple died, they'd have to look at their relationship to find possible answers. wow, the show would be very exciting like that. goodness, where's a time machine when you need one?!

and... if eddie wasnt even there. lindsay was grissom's daughter. what would he think when she tried to hitch-hike. and then grissom and cath have their home conversations are work in the hall and everything.

i think that would just bring the extra excitment to CSI.

3. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

*must not be tempted to write fic...must not be tempted*...

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

lol Anne, you know we love your fics. :D

I wasn't a hardcore shipper until season 4, I think, but I had always loved the relationship between Catherine and Gil and thought even if they weren't a couple, there must be something between them. I also loved that Ann Donahue referred them as a married couple, but that precious relationship got killed. Meh.

5. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

*bows down to Ann Donahue*

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

you know I'm sooooo with the idea that Gil is Lindseys father.

Now, that being said, I'm not a hardcore G/C shipper. I think they have wonder chemistry, the know each other so very well, their bond is so strong, and they don't take anything from each other.

Now on to Drumchik's question as to what would happen If they were married

Well I think Cath would have a lot to say to both Gris and Sara if Sara were making the 'moony eyes' at Gil

Lady Heather... well if C/G were married, I don't think anything like what we saw would happen with Lady Heather

as for the work/home life thing.
    Like any marriage there are ups and downs and I could see them taking things home. Hard cases so they could each talk about them with each other.

And as for Cath's reaction to Eddie dying... like any former husband I'm sure he would have been supportive towards her as she grieved. Why wouldn't he?

I think that is all the answers :D

7. Lady_Grissom

Lady_Grissom Hit and Run

I start to watch CSI I think in season 3, after the x files ended. I start to watch and I saw the chemistry. It was my new shipper. I donĀ“t remember what episode but I saw the GCR, the hot and sexy sexual tension.!!!!

Damn TPTB!!!

8. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

My answers to Anne's questions are:
    Catherine have dealt with Sara's moony eyes over Grissom? I think Catherine would have allowed a little bit of it to start with, but would have eventually drawn a line with the stipulation that it doesn't get crossed. Under NO circumstances. Catherine knows that Gil gets uncomfortable in those situations with people other than her. If you look throughout the entire series, there are many things that CG do/say to each other that you never see them do with others. In some of those early episodes, you see how Cath notices Gil's unease around Sara at times.

Gil have dealt with Warrick's attraction to Cath? Again, I think there would have been a line drawn (but never needed to be mentioned), and this line would be a little farther out than the one for Gil/Sara. Gil knows that Catherine is a flirt and also that she and Warrick have an incredible bond, but he also knows Warrick would respect the situation.

Would they have taken arguments at work home? Oh definitely. There's no way they could separate the two, especially since Catherine is the "fire" to Gil's "ice". Gil would try to end the discussion, but you know there's no way Catherine would give up an argument just because they clocked out for the day.

Would arguments from home come to work? OOOOOhhhhh yeah!! Can't you just imagine Catherine trying to give Gil the silent treatment at work because of something they were arguing about at home? Just think about the personal issues they've discussed at work that we've actually seen on the show (PMJ anyone?!)

Would they have more children to be concerned about? I'm not quite sure on that. They're both aware of the darkness that they see in the world every day at work. (remember how Gil gets with cases involving children) If the two were together and still working the same shift, I don't know if they'd have another child just yet. You know Gil would have issues with both he & Cath working at the same time so there would be no one at home, and there would be more nannies/babysitters. I don't think he'd go for that. I think eventually they would have more children, if they figured out a practical way for one parent to always be home.

What would have happened with Lady Heather? We know that Catherine likes/respects Lady H. I don't think she'd have a problem with Gil around Lady H. I always imagine those three in a very comfortable relationship. (guess I've read too many cool fan fics on that!) Lady H is a flirt just like Catherine is (remember Heather flirting with Brass all the time?). I think that's one big reason for Gil's attraction to both women.

How would Gil have felt seeing Catherine so distressed when Eddie died? I think if the two were together, Gil would have been able to give her the comfort she needed. He would have been comfortable giving Catherine her time to grieve over Eddie. He would understand that yes, Catherine would be grieving because Lindsey lost her dad, but he'd also know that Catherine loved Eddie at one point, and when a person dies, some of those feelings always seem to come back. That's a big part of what grieving is...bringing back the memories of good times.

9. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Hey it's Catherine's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the grasshopper. May the master shower her with more love and happiness. :)

10. nukejane12

nukejane12 Dead on Arrival

Oh, come on! You know you want to write the fic that is churning around in your head......and you write really great AU fics. Go for it! :devil:

11. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Me too, my mom actually asked me "Are they together?" I was like "Awww! Don't I wish!"

Oh and I'm thinking of writing a G/C fic. Anybody got any ideas?

12. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Happy Birthday Catherine. I hope all of your birtday wishes come true.
    I hope you and Grissom have some 'private time' in the hall closet in the lab. :lol:

And I hope he gives you everything you want :p

13. csiemily

csiemily CSI Level One

aka: grissom:p

lmao...
    WHOA!! catherine's bday is today!! she has the same bday as me!! THAT'S SO COOOL!! haha.. so didnt reconize that.

14. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Happy Birthday Catherine. I'm sure Gil will give you a great "present" ;)

NukeJane...that one is going into the file and will eventually get done.

And I love the answers to the questions guys. Very interesting ;)

15. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Ooooh happy belated birthday emily, I didn't know you shared a birthday with Catherine. That's great! :)

Ahaha NukeJane, don't you think you'd get away from the fic. PureJoy lovers know you write great fics as well. Mwahahaha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.