Serenity

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by clhawk, Sep 30, 2005.

1. clhawk

clhawk Rookie

I got to see this movie Tuesday night. It's based on the TV series Firefly. It's by the same guy who did Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.

It's good. I wasn't a fan of the series, it was OK, I just wasn't that interested in it. I got a chance to go and since I knew my son was counting the days till the opening, we went. I really enjoyed it. It reminded me of the first time I saw Star Wars. It's a good story and it's well told. My son, who sees a lot of sci-fi and action movies, said it was the best movie he had seen in a quite some time.

2. CSIgrad

CSIgrad Lab Technician

i wanna see this movie, i love joss whedon (buffy creator)...i've never seen the series but i have been hearing such good things about the movie

3. CrimeShark

CrimeShark Pathologist

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to see this movie...

*waits until it comes to this side of the world*

4. Catherine_Willows

Catherine_Willows Coroner

I looooooooooooooooooooove Firefly. And I cannot wait for this movie to come out tomorrow! :p

5. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

I wasn't a very big fan of Firefly, but I'll end up watching since all I am really is a TV/movie-aholic.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I read an interview that Joss Whedon did about Serenity. He said that this was the way the show SHOULD have gone. He didn't blast Fox (who showed episodes out of order, and didn't really give it a good chance), but I think he'd like to see this hit a channel that would give it a good run.

7. Catherine_Willows

Catherine_Willows Coroner

Doesn't the Sci Fi channel have the rights to Firefly now?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Possibly....but I don't have cable. :lol: So I'm not sure.

9. clhawk

clhawk Rookie

Yes, they do. I know they show it Friday evenings and you can get it on DVD.

10. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

I saw Serenity tonight and loved it. I was a HUGE Firefly fan and nearly died when it was cancelled (okay, I didn't nearly die, but it sucked). It's nice to get the chance to see the characters again. It was great. I nearly cried when:

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

Wash died. Dude! Po Zoe :(.

Jayne was hilarious, as usual. I love that dude. He might be my favorite character.

11. Serenity

Serenity Coroner

Skipping skillfully past the spoiler, beacuse I'm going to see it on Thursday!!!

Anyway, I'm a huge firefly fan (as my username can prove!) and I am so excited about seeing this movie. It doesn't come out here until Friday but I am going to the advanced preview on Thursday afternoon *bounces*

12. Cat

Cat Head of the Swing Shift

my mum and i thought it looked interesting. we were thinking of going to see it sometime this week or so.

13. Serenity

Serenity Coroner

Spoilers

OH MY GOD! I cannot believe they killed Wash! I kinda saw Book's death coming, and when he did die, we had a few moments to prepare for it, but with Wash it was just BAMM and he was gone! *sobs*
    I loved the film. I want to go and see it again. Given the choice between a film and a second series I would have chosen the series every time, but the film was awesome. I've written a quick review at my lj Here (spoilers) if anyone is interested.

14. Charlie_da_CSI_fan

Charlie_da_CSI_fan Lab Technician

I just seen it last night and I really really enjoyed it :)! Im not the biggest sci-fi buff but it didn't seem to matter, the storyline was good and the characters were easy to take too and I loved the humour as it made the experience all the more enjoyable :)!

15. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

I just saw this yesterday and LOVED it. Just loved it.

I put Firefly on my TiVo now. (like I don't have enough to watch).