Catherine's Serial Killer

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by ladyhunter, Feb 4, 2007.

1. britfan

britfan Pathologist

My pleasure! Ready for the next bit when you are! ;)

2. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

Love the flashback and eeeppp!!! I love the cliffhanger.. You are a godless soul. :eek: Great update can't wait for the next chaps!

3. GGgirl1

GGgirl1 Pathologist

Great update, Heather! :D I really like this fic!

4. samjojo_011

samjojo_011 Hit and Run

nice luv it keep up da good work

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

THANKS
    for the reviews

This fic is more challenging than the last one I wrote :)

but an update is coming soon :D

6. CSIWillows

CSIWillows Rookie

Great story! Can't wait for an update

7. ladyhunter

ok, I have Finally updated this

it's just a short chapter for now

Enjoy

His name was Adam Styler. He was named after God’s first creation, the perfect man. But Adam was not perfect. He wasn’t any trouble either. He was the coveted son of Grace Styler and her husband Thomas. Husband was the afterthought. Grace was three months pregnant when Thomas conceded to marry her. She had given birth the year previous to a baby girl, Mabel, but the baby died shortly after birth, to the relief of Grace’s family since Mabel was conceived out of wedlock.

Adam grew up in rural Georgia outside of Atlanta. Thomas’s Southern Baptist family had land and holdings in the church and the community. Shortly after their marriage Grace and Thomas moved to Macon, Georgia. Grace did everything a post-War bride and mother should do. She kept a nice home, bore a son, and went to church on a regular basis. But something about the Southerners bothered her. They were too ‘liberal’ in her opinion. Men would go on and on about women who were not their wives. Women would talk endlessly about the weather, the latest news in Women’s World Daily, and Aunt Paula’s chicken pot pie recipe. Alcohol was everywhere and no one shunned it, not even at church gatherings. For people who are supposed to be God Fearing Christians, God was the last thing on anyone’s mind. Not a good environment to raise a son she told herself. Young men need the fear of God in them to make it in this world. Grace Styler told herself.

After Adam’s father died, “Cancer of the lung”, the doctor told her, she picked up her son and moved to Southern Nevada. The Mormon’s would be a good influence on her and her son she thought. What she didn’t know was that one city in Southern Nevada that surely would have an influence on her son… Las Vegas.

Adam’s Styler’s life was monitored very closely by his mother. He made sure to come home right after school. He hardly ever saw friends outside of school. Hearing about this ‘sinful’ town made his mother very nervous. She didn’t want any of ‘those kind of people’ around her son.
    Adam was oblivious to his mother’s constant worrying and monitoring. To him that is what his life was like.

Slowly she mentally intertwined her life with his. Or that is what she wanted, for him to be just like her. Grace affectionately loved her son but also feared for him the ‘sinfulness’ of where they were living.
    She was constantly obsessing over him or cold, frigid and almost uncaring. Her eyes usually gave her away. The dark pits with no life in them are what Adam saw almost every day of his young life.

What Adam didn’t know was his mother’s state was teetering on madness.

Something in his mother changed. She became nervous and paranoid all the time. She hardly slept and was constantly wringing her hands. Adam found out later it was called Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Even then, it wasn’t that commonly diagnosed. Some say she was hysterical or mad, but the doctor gave her condition a label and that is what drove Grace Styler and then Adam Styler to their eventual demise.

The day he knew the end was near for his dear mother Grace Styler is the day she mumbled to him; “You are a Godless Soul. The women you covet are Godless Souls.”

8. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

great work Heather hope here's more to come soon :)

9. Hottie_Cath

Hottie_Cath Corpse

Oh wow I love the backstory of the godless serial killer (ive read the spoilers for the mcsk and i must say you've done a better job than tptb lol.) cant wait for more

10. GGgirl1

GGgirl1 Pathologist

Great chapter, Heather! :D Please don't make us wait too long for the next one!

11. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

Oooh great job!! I can't wait for more!!

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

darn thought I replied, guess not. Good work, as always. Interested to see where this goes.

GG, Me wuvs both your icon and your sig :D

13. edog

edog Lab Technician

Very cool. The description makes the godless souls thing even more creepy. *shivers*

14. ladyhunter

I have been in a 'writing frenzy' lately... but I'm not liking the way this is turning out... so, I'm rewriting some parts

Thanks for all the interest in this :D

15. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

I would love to read an update? Or some spoilers or something!!!! :lol: