"Empty Eyes" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 21, 2007.

1. UrielFalcon

UrielFalcon Prime Suspect

I'm very excited that it's a more emotional episode for the team. I'm almost expecting Sara to go all season 5 on us again and bring back the angst I like.

2. ericloca

ericloca Lab Technician

God if Greg will lose the civil suit he will go to jail...no noi no no impossible ! I don't want this !

3. MissMonk

MissMonk Rookie

well thats depressing. i hope he doesnt go to jail.

4. shanniegirl

shanniegirl Dead on Arrival

Greg can't go to jail if he loses the civil suit. It has already been decided (in the episode "post mortem") that Greg is not criminally responsible for Demitrius' death. The civil suit is not a criminal trial, but the family of the deceased suing him for wrongful death. If he loses the civil suit, he will have to pay the family a large sum of money, but there will be no consequence on his job or anything. Just his pride (and his wallet).

5. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Greg is not going to jail, they alread found him excuseable or something, like not Guilty. You don't go to jail if it self-defense. I don't understand why Demetrius and his mother think Greg owe them for what, nothing, he don't own them nothing. Demetrius's brother is a murderer, he killed the first guy with a baseball bat.

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah but I they seem to think DJ was there to stop the beating. I remember the mom saying that to the reporters. It will still suck if Greg does lose the civil case. We won't be seeing happy, funny Greg hardly at all if that is the case. :(

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

RE Greg going to Jail: Not possible in a civil suit, he was found not guilty or rather the death was found excusable, as it was done in self defense.

In a civil suit he can be found liable for the death in which judgement will not be dependent on jail time but on money in which the family would be seeking.

The only way that it could affect this job is if he is found liable they can garnish a part of his salary (pay check), but if that court finds he is NOT liable then the case will be settled unless the family decides to appeal that decision. Also another way to avoid court is if both sides decide to settle out of court.

8. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

That's been my theory all along, that they settle out of court.
    And if you remember OJ Simpson was found guilty in his civil case (not the criminal case where he was aquitted) and it didn't result in jail. He just owes lots of money which he hasn't yet paid.

I read this over at YTDAW and this was a refrence to something that already happened in the episode "Leaving Las Vegas". Someone was just mentioning it.

I can't see Greg decideing to go back to the lab, it would be a step backwards, and I know he (nor Eric) wants that to happen. (Neither do I, Greg belongs in the field now)The only way this would happen is if they garnish a cetain percentage of his wages, Greg makes more money as a DNA tech then he does in the field.

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I always figured with the pay thing that Grissom meant starting out as a CSI, he would make less money, because he'd be at the bottom rung, rather than the DNA lab, where he was basically the top of the pile. So now that he's been there longer, he'd likely be making more. Warrick and Nick mentioned that a promotion to a different CSI level came with a raise in the pilot.

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Yeah true, but Greg is still a level one CSI.

11. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

I haven't heard anything about Gil having something to say to Greg either... but I almost wonder if Greg finds out about Grissom & Sara.
    considering the crush he has on Sara, this would proably upset him.

12. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Well what I read (can't remember where) The news Grissom has for Greg is about the civil case. Has nothing to do with GSR.

13. assumenothing

assumenothing Rookie

Oh, I just can't wait for this episode! I've waited way too long for new CSI! I do like March Madness, but with all my other shows on hiatus too I was going insane...

I watched the promo. It was blurry on my screen, so I can't wait to see it on TV. I always stop everything to watch the promos on TV. This looks like such a good drama episode, a really serious one, which is good to have sometimes, especially with the finale on its way.

Why can't it be next Thursday already??

14. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Greg got over the crush, he got on Sara. I think he is in love with her, but he has to get over it. Sara is seeing Greg as her little brother, that's all she him for.

It Greg was suppose to take his next test or something before he became level 2?

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Oh, I agree. I'm just saying that it wasn't like lab to field was an unchangeable pay drop.

I'd like to see them settle this whole court thing. Hopefully the "disappointing news" is that it's being moved up or something.