Eric/Ryan Slash--Unresolved Tension

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Sep 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwiftTales

SwiftTales Lab Technician

Oh! I think I just saw that episode, I don't remember the scene though... but I remember I liked the episode even though there really weren't a lot of scenes between Eric and Ryan

I'm getting Curse of the Coffin next week :D I can't wait to see it :p

Anyway, one of the reasons I like Eric/Ryan so much is the history between them, the tension, the fights and most of that probably wouldn't have been there if Speed hadn't died

of course, it would have been nice to have Ryan brought while Speed was still alive and see those two people react with each other :p
    it might have been fun to watch, the messy, scruffy Speed and the OCD Ryan

Anyway, even though I loved the tension I'm happy about the friendly atmosphere between them now :D

2. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Wow the three of them together would be something to watch. All three have such different personalities.

Ryan trying to relate his eye injury to what Eric's going though now. He just wants to let Eric know he is there for him and that when Eric needs him Ryan will be there.

3. ebonymist

ebonymist Police Officer

I agree it would be fun to watch them all together. I could see Ryan and Speed arguing a lot (maybe even more than Ryan and Eric do). Eric would iether just roll his eyes or shake his head at them. Then of course Speed would have the same reaction when Ryan doesn't realize Eric's flirting with him (or Eric doesn't realize that Ryan's flirting back :p )

Was I the only one who felt like all the tension was back after Ryan mentioned getting the nail in his eye? It seemed like Eric was getting really defensive and started snapping at him. But maybe that was just how I took the scene? Anyway, they're still doing that whole 'one scene together at the beginning of the episode, then nothing' bit that they did in the last two episodes as well. :rolleyes:

4. nozomin

nozomin Victim

Hmm....I havn't see this episode yet, but I hope it won't look like the tension is back. Ryan cares Eric so much, if somehow Eric just can't get it, that's frustrating. :rolleyes:

5. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

I was watching some S1 episodes recently, and I realised that in those, Eric is very much the baby of the bunch. Maybe when Ryan arrived he felt displaced? It's just another idea that ran through my head.

I think that we're out of spoiler time now, aren't we? Unless we're waiting for this episode to air in the UK. :lol:

Is Eric getting snappy with Ryan because he doesn't think that Ryan's injury compares with his own? I think that it's realistic for Ryan to be bringing up his injury in relation with Eric's. In fact, I'm surprised that it's taken this long. Sure, Eric's was worse, but no one knew to start with whether the nail had penetrated Ryan's eye or his brain, and Horatio said to Charlene that she'd left him to die, so it was a life-threatening injury. And then there was all the thing with the infection. Doesn't Ryan just want Eric to know that he understands? Maybe Eric feels vulnerable and is trying to protect himself by getting snappy.

More tension. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I liked the tension at the beginning of S4 because they were so obviously into each other. I really expected them to launch themselves at each other at any time. :D But then, it was quite destructive too.

What were they wearing? Coordinated?

6. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Trying to remember what they were wearing. Eric does the dress shirt and Ryan does the shirt with jacket. That's like their standard thing now.

I was glad to see Ryan try to relate to Eric like that. I think he didn't do it sooner because he was hoping that the injury wasn't as bad as it seemed. ;)

7. ebonymist

ebonymist Police Officer

Ryan was wearing a white jacket and pale yellow shirt and Eric was wearing a white dress shirt with some strange light grey design. And Ryan's hair looks really cute. :D

I think Eric just got snappy because he's trying to pretend nothing is wrong with him and knowing that someone else noticed that he's messed up made him get defensive. I don't think he would've snapped the way the he did at Calleigh, Alexx or Horatio, though. I thought maybe it was just because it was Ryan... but Ryan's still just trying to help him. It's not like Ryan's being mean about it or anything. He was just trying to tell Eric that he understands what he's going through, to an extent.

Ryan: It's okay, you know.
    Eric: What is?
    Ryan: To experience a relearning curve.
    Eric: Wolfe, what are you talking about?
    Ryan: Evidence markers 3 and 4. You uh... you put two markers on the same blood drop.
    Eric: What, I can't make a simple mistake?
    Ryan: That's what I kept telling myself last year, after I got shot.
    Eric: I'm fine Wolfe. And I'd be even better if everyone would stop giving me the third degree.
    Ryan: I said that too.

There it is. Make of it what you will, it just seemed a litte tense is all, from Eric's side. Ryan wasn't actually getting upset or anything, he's just trying to be a friend.

8. nozomin

nozomin Victim

OK, I've saw that part.
    That's what thay weard. :p
    http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=51811ly8.jpg
    http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=5185ua0.jpg
    They were talking
    http://img162.imageshack.us/my.php?image=5182mu9.jpg
    http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=5181ep2.jpg
    http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=5186qj6.jpg
    http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=5187sd8.jpg
    Then Eric left......
    http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=5188fo9.jpg
    And Ryan....
    http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=5189ny5.jpg
    http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=51810ar9.jpg

Yeah, I can image Eric just tried to protect himself, don't want to be considerd that he is weak.
    I think Ryan can understand why Eric would react like that, but got a little frustrated. Because he tried to help Eric, hoped that Eric wouldn't feel uncomfortable about making simple mistakes because of his injury, but looks like it doesn't work.

I hope Eric can understand Ryan too. :(

9. inge

inge CSI Level Two

^ thanks for the pics!
    and thanks to ebonymist for the dialogue. :)

I think it's hard for Eric to admit that he has problems. It was also hard for Ryan to talk about bad vision.
    The friendship between Ryan and Eric is still new and fragile.
    Maybe Eric finds it hard to open up to Ryan.
    Ryan tries to help and I like this.
    I hope that Eris is able to accept his help soon. :)

10. AliGtr

AliGtr CSI Level One

Thank you for the pics and the dialogue, girls! It sounds to me like Eric's getting defensive about feeling vulnerable. It's not tension like there was, thank goodness! Eric's getting snappy, but Ryan's not rising to it. He understands how Eric feels. And he cares. Awwww!

I'm not crazy about that yellow shirt, though. Maybe it's just me. I like Eric's. See-through! :devil:

11. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

yeah i'm not crazy about yellow on Ryan....it just doesn't fit.....but i like the fact that you can tell Ryan really cares for Eric by telling him it's ok to make mistakes and that no one is judging him....and that he needs support...but at this point i think Eric is in denial...and it won't be long before he needs somebody...who knows...maybe that somebody will be Ryan.....

12. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

I was actually really impressed with Ryan for the way he gently talked to Eric and tried to help/comfort him. Even when Eric got a little defensive, Ryan was still supportive and didn't lose his cool. He really showed he cared.

I liked the way Eric reacted too. He's gotta be really scared right now, because he's really struggling and making mistakes no matter how hard he tries not to. He's not sure what's going to happen to him, and is understandably upset and angry.

I love how they've got the theme going, with each episode beginning with Eric having a problem, and Ryan being helping and supportive of him. They may have had a lot of conflict in the beginning, but these days, Ryan has Eric's back, no matter what. :D

13. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

yeah i like that too.......i just hope in the new episodes they will have more Ryan/Eric scenes......this last episode had what five minutes total screen time together?? what's with that???

14. nozomin

nozomin Victim

inge, AliGtr, you're welcome. :)

Let's hope so. Eric will understand and accept Ryan's help later.
    He should know that Ryan cares about him and just wants to help him.
    Although it's a hard time for me to keep thinking how long will it take. :rolleyes:

--
    Awww, I'm a victim now. :lol:

15. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

yeah i know what you mean......i keep asking myself...WTF!!!!! how long is this going to take!!!! God why can't they realize they need each other!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.