Spetzli in Oktober(fest) <> German thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BurnedToast, Mar 12, 2007.

1. CSIannalysse

CSIannalysse CSI Level Two

Anna suits me just fine, but lets just make sure there isn't someone else who's known as Anna too. :D I also happen to be studying Shakespeare, so that's ANOTHER link :lol: Romeo and Juliet to be exact.

2. Stoky

Stoky CSI Level Two

:lol: Yurek hy and hugs too, why do you wondering? i´ve seen this thread to late. And Flatline Partys? you mean the never ending drinking partys? I´m not enthused of this. Ok that´s awhile back this theme :D and welcome for all who come in here :) cathwillows yes it´s funny here and i think with my favorite english it´s funny too i´m right?

3. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

no as far as i know there is nobody else named anna here. so that'S you from now on!
    and Anna do you like shakespear? i have to say the more often i heard that sonnet the better i liked it....and that i could still recite it means a lot! ;)

shall i compare thee to a summer's day
    thou art more lovely and more temperate
    rough winds do shake the darlin buds of may
    and summer's lease hath all too short a date
    :rolleyes: ok ok i'll stop! :lol:

oh yes Stoky your english is of course funny! i love it :D

4. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Welcome CSIannalysse .

Your grandpa used to be here? Can you also speak a little german? I always like it if americans or britains are speaking german. It sounds so..weird, funny and cute. :D

@Stoky: As I was writing. I was just wondering when you'll be joining this thread but as you now wrote that you didn't see it earlier it's okay.
    Yep..Flatline parties (in the news the said flatlineparties are given since a long time, over ten years or so, but I mus admit I never heard of them before. Well..I never heard of that song. I do heard of parties where you just pay the entry but not for the drinks but I haven't heard of those in our county)..they're also called Flatrate parties.
    I'm not one of the drinkers. I barely drink alcohol...but if I do..then I drink not less. But I know when I have to stop. Sometimes I also just can't drink anymore then I stop drinking alc and go on with water or coke.^^ :D

ETA: I just noticed I'm the only one who's no Patholigist on this page. :eek:
    But hey..everyone needs a Labrat, right? :devil:

5. Stoky

Stoky CSI Level Two

@ Yurek yes i´ve seen that late her :) and the flatline partis gives here in germany since 10 years? that´s new for me hmm, but also i´m rarley drink alc, whenever only beer and not to much, i know were my boarder is :)

:lol: really all pahto´s i´ve not seen but ok, you are Greggo and we need you ;) you are important no let me better say... vip for us

6. cathwillows

oh yes Yurek every thread needs a little greggo ;)
    so you are our labrat! :D
    and i've heard about those flat rate parties too. i don' know what to think of it, could be ok if the entry costs 10 € maybe then it would be good if you don't need to pay the drinks, because a cocktail or something might cost 6€....you could drink 2 drinks and it was worth it. there is no need to drink till you break down :lol:
    but i've never been to one of those parties...although a drink here and there is always ok with me ;)

7. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Yeah. They said those parties are old. I was confused.
    But three years ago I heard that a young man (17 or 18) tried to drink 3 bottles of vodka in one turn. But he didn't make it. After two bottles he fainted and I'm not sure what happened to him later but he went into coma right after that. I don't know if he survived it or not. It was the discussion topic #1 that days.

Just look at the ranks of the three posters on this page. You'll see three pathologists.......and me! :D

ETA: Thanks cathwillows. Then I'll be your Greg Sanders. :devil: *searches for her Marilyn Manson cds* :D

Well...I already broke down one time on a party because of one drink. I didn't even drink much that evening. I drank a few beer+fanta (I hate pure beer) and one vodka-Redbull ( I almost 'exed' it). One hour later I was lying on the toilet and I puked two hours. I just didn't get up from the toilet.
    My mum had to pick me up.^^ I was sick the next three days! :eek:
    It was four or fice years ago but my mum still says there have been drugs in that vodka-redbull. Since that day I never drank vodka-redbull anymore. I can drink pure vodka without getting drunk that soon. But not in that mix. :eek:

Anyone had similar experiences?

8. cathwillows

i never broke down on a party! i think i can drink almost everything and won't be too drunk at all...and i never puked after i had some drinks! don't know why. i love vodka red bull!!! i could drink 10 and would still be able to go on drinking :eek: and it doesn't even matter if i only stick to one sort of alcohol or if i mix it...so maybe beer, tequila, vodka....doesn't matter at all!
    i never even had a hangover the next day....guess i'm a pretty good drinker :rolleyes:

9. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Welcome Anna aka CSIannalysse!
    Great to have you here, and let me say, it's kind of extremely rare that s/o wants to know/learn s/th about Germany - that's cool! :)
    lol cathwillows you must have a real robust stomach!
    *is a bit envious*
    I'm always done after drinking one - yes: ONE - glass of red wine, or three glasses of beer. And don't get me started with cocktails or hard liquor (though I like it and of course drink it from time to time ;) )

So: no flatline party for me :lol: (and I think they are just STUPID! )

10. cathwillows

hey cinegirl nice to see you here again! you haven't been here in a while ;)

any sort of wine would be the end for me! only one little sip and i would be so drunk! :lol:
    and yes i guess my stomach is pretty robust :lol:

11. FreakyLady

FreakyLady Pathologist

Welcome CSIannalysse

wow, you guys are really fast. already 2 pages. YAY :D I had to read a lot...

@ cathwillows, it seems that you liked all that Shakespeare stuff. Your marks were great. Fortunately we didn't have to write a test about Shakespeare.
    And please stop with this excerpt from "shall i compare thee to a summer's day". Oh damn... :lol: :mad:

@ Yurek: don't worry. I'm also no "Pathologist". But I don't care :D

Concerning the parties and alcohol: I don't know, but the amount of alcohol I can drink, depends on how I feel. If I'm happy and the party is really good, I can drink more.
    I really like beer ;) and I mean pure beer. No beer with coke or something else for me! And I like sparkling wine. The bad thing is, too much sparkling wine makes you drunk too fast :D
    Cocktails are also great. But I only like cocktails without any extract of coco. And concerning the wine: I don't like red wine, I only drink white wine :)

12. CSIannalysse

CSIannalysse CSI Level Two

My Granddad still holidays in Germany, but not as much as he used to; I guess that's where my initial interest came from. My ability to speak german is very limited because I only started learning last year compared to my 4 years of learning french. I know just little phrases by heart e.g "Ich heisse Anna aber mein Lieblingsname ist Rosalyn. Ich bin funfzehn (I know that the 'u' needs an umlaut) Jahre alt." It wouldn't be enough to get by. :lol: My german teacher is really good with teaching me pronunciation, so at least I'll never be caught dead saying "I brush my cream" instead of "teeth", what a difference an umlaut can make! :)

Thankyou all for making me feel so welcome here!

13. wibble

wibble Corpse

Err, never mind - looks like I posted in the wrong thread :lol:

14. Stoky

Stoky CSI Level Two

Wibble oh it´s ok and you´re welcome here :lol:

15. cathwillows

:lol: i got it now Anna , it took me some time but i finally understood! because you might say "zahne" right? and "sahne" is cream in german....yeah that umlaut "Ä" seems to be very important! ;)