Why Lindsay Must Go

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by JDonne, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d2400

d2400 Hit and Run

Reason #500 Why Lindsay has to go: Live or Let Die

Lindsay:Have you ever had an anonymous phone call from a woman?
    Danny: Sure, it’s happened.
    Lindsay: Does it turn you on?

Was that suppose to be a sexy exchange between the two of them? That looked about as comfortable as a mom and son talking about the birds and bees. With someone other than her, that could have been kinda hot.

2. Dreamerz

Dreamerz Civilian

What if Daniel Katums broke out of prison?

3. Dreamerz

Dreamerz Civilian

whoops. Just re-read the posts & that option's already been suggested....

4. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

That was another scene I'd like to slap her for. Asking Danny if he ever received a call was one thing. That didn't bother Danny but asking him if it turned him on. That was going a little too far and Danny thought so too. He freaked at that statement..wasn't it something like **hands up** "Whoa, I don't like where this is going"? He made it perfectly clear he didn't like her asking that.

BTW, if that scene had happened with Aiden, Stella, or Maka, Danny would not have freaked out. He wouldn't have told them he didn't like where it was going. He would have continued joking with them. :p

5. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

That scene felt awkward to watch so god knows how they felt when they got the script.
    It seems like everyone has some bad moments of Lindsay!
    I still think her telling Danny the reason she couldn't date him and her whole behaviour in Love Run Cold was just shocking.

6. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

One of the coldest scenes in season2 for them was the doll case. Danny was holding her hand, demostrating the cadaveric spasm.

She then pauses and pulls her hand out, almost exaggeratedly.

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Jaer, great to see you back!!!! :D :D :D There are three episodes that are completely Anna free--315-317, and all are worth checking out. Anna's role is somewhat limited in some of the earlier ones, but I fear we're in for a lot more scrunch-faced bad acting before the season is out. But, Flack is as scrumptuous as ever, and had a great storyline mid-season when he clashed with Mac.

Please, suggest it again and again because it's a wonderful idea. Mr. Katums has work to finish. :lol: ;) :devil:

In all seriousness, it's been set up well, and if Katums broke out and killed Lindsay or his escape forced her to go into the witness protection program, it would be quite a shocker and a great way to get rid of Lindsay.

Mmmm...I'm so tempted to start a "Bring Back Daniel Katums" thread right now... ;)

8. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Yeah, I know what you mean. The finale's probably already been decided by now but a little encouragement wouldn't hurt, would it? ;)

9. penguinpie

penguinpie Prime Suspect

"Not what it looks like" (3:02) just wound up (season 3 has only just started in Australia and will almost certainly be bumped by the swimming next week. Blah!)

Lindsay's undercover gig was really rather anti-climatic but might have had a little more impact if she had shown some sign of life. Nothing, nada, zip! A gun held in her face and she barely blinks. The less said about the slow-motion hug with Danny, the better.

I have to agree with the majority opinion (apparently) in this thread. AB is as wooden as a plank. Every emotion appears to be conveyed with pursed lips and a squint. It shows up painfully beside people like Eddie Cahill and Melina, who act with their bodies as well as their voices. They never feel like actors playing a part; Belknap just reminds me of bad high school drama productions.

The character is annoying enough, but is effectively doomed by an actress who cannot inject even a little real personality. Robert Joy was on for all of 2 minutes and was 10 times more enjoyable and believable. Aaargh!

On the upside, Danny's dog was sooo cute! "Loaner", my ass! :lol:

10. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

If you thought the hug was bad, just wait until you see Sleight Out Of Hand! :eek: Not for the faint of heart.

11. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

Bring back Daniel Katums and bring him back post haste, the time has come for him to rectify his error from all those years ago. Why couldn't he have just opened the damn bathroom door? There she was Daniel, adorned with braces and Marcia Brady hair just waiting to share the fate of her friends and it would have in turn spared me from hearing the emotionless uttering about the faces of her four dead friends. The monotone delivery of that line and the still stone face will haunt me for years to come. Daniel Katums, owes me, owes us all, because his single act of criminal heinousness would have saved us from over 30 episodes of bad bad acting if he’d gotten it right the first time. I say the time has come for him to stand up be a man and finish what the hell he started. Escape from jail, have his conviction overturned, whatever it takes, then he could make his way to New York and aim his gun in Lindsay's direction. We all know he’s a great shot. I implore the writers and show runners to think of the dramatic potential of the aforementioned scenario. Imagine the level of brilliance Carmine would bring to the role of Danny as the grieving almost lover (excuse me I choked), over having not one but two people taken away from him in less than a year, unless Louie is alive and dating Alice the neighborhood librarian and you just failed to tell us. I hope Anthony's words were truly a sign that this is in the works, after all what better way to dash destiny than death and Danny's guilt would make sure they were forever bonded.

12. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Echoes the brilliance of both Top and JDonne. Katums does still have work to do. Why didn't he open the bathroom door, damn it? And then Lindsay's spell-binding and emotional eye f***ing of her boyfriend, I mean trial testimony, sealed his fate. If he should escape or have his conviction overturned, I pray he makes haste to New York to unleash that bullet he's been saving all these years. That precious bullet that has Lindsay's name written all over it.

While some may mourn Lindsay's death by donning black and sending flowers to her funeral, I will bust out a cheery summer polka dotted number and send my flowers, along with my hearty thanks, to Anthony Zuiker.

Let Ketchum return. Let him kill Lindsay. Let us rejoice, free from the reign of horror that is Anna's acting.

13. d2400

d2400 Hit and Run

MrsG. I hate to sound dramatic but........I salute you. I don't think that can be topped!

14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yes, and that irks me to no end! I call it the scrunch face, and seriously, she makes that expression in every scene. Can't a director or an acting coach or someone pull her aside and let her know that scrunching up one's face is not the same as actually emoting?

Yes, exactly! The other actors become their characters; Belknap reads from a script in a stilted and unnatural way. Compared to the others, she's just stiff and awkward. I don't buy for a moment that Lindsay is a real person, whereas I never question it with the others.

Daniel Katums has business to finish. :p Think about what an exciting finale that would make! Katums escapes from jail, the CSIs are working some other case, and in the midst of it all, just as they crack the other case, boom! he shows up and fires his gun and we never have to see the scrunch face on CSI: NY again--well, save for the inevitable death scene where she says goodbye to Danny.

Or hey--Katums could come in and shoot Lindsay just before she and Danny are about to get down to business, sparing us all the most awkward love scene in the history of television. :lol:

15. penguinpie

penguinpie Prime Suspect

::shudders:: From the sounds of it, it should come with a public advisory: "This episode contains adolescent romance and heinous acting. May cause spontaneous combustion. Not recommended for anyone over the mental age of 15."

By all means, bring back Daniel to finish the job. Sloppy, sloppy work, Daniel! It would be the perfect cliched ending to a truly by-the-book storyline and a paper-thin character.

Even in "Zoo York", I thought she bordered on a Mary-Sue (oh, she's tough and gritty and smart and pretty, but she has a deep, dark secret! :rolleyes:) Musn't forget, the popular boy is madly in wuv with her. "Scrunch-faced" is the perfect description of her usual face (locally, we would describe that particular expression as "cat's bum"). /end rant.

Oh, now I feel much better ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.