Heart Of Gold - A SMacked story...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by stellarscience, Mar 16, 2007.

1. stellarscience

stellarscience Dead on Arrival

I've written the first chapter of a new smacked story i'm having a go at... it contains spoilers for heart of glass, and stella's storyline throughout. mention of Mac and peyton also.... I'm posting it in the next post and I hope you like it!

2. stellarscience

Chapter one ...
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Mac heard the footsteps and anticipated the knock that came. He could guess who it was, but some days, especially recently, he just couldn’t tell anymore. He glanced up innocently pretending the knocker hadn’t been occupying his thoughts.
    “Hey Mac.” The tall brunette smiled. He could see right through it though, after 11 years they had become all but windows to each other. They knew the signs, like now; she wasn’t okay. Her hair was tied up, out of her face. Something was up, because she only tied her hair up when she was having trouble dealing.

“Stella.” It was a statement and a question, and enough to prompt her to continue.

She played with the paperweight on his desk, then looked at the pictures beside it, the ones she saw nearly everyday. Claire was there, of course. But it was a different picture, she noticed, smaller than the one before. Would it keep getting smaller, until it one day disappeared? She saw herself in the silver frame. Her and Mac. They had been at Sullivan’s for drinks with the team. It was a recent photo, yet she couldn’t remember who took it. Neither of them were looking at the camera, but at eachother. She was holding out her hand, probably wanting him to pay up for a bet she had won. She always made him pay, because he never learnt his lesson.

Mac was eyeing her carefully, determined to get more than a “Hey Mac” out of her. Just when he was about to say something, she spoke.
    “I wanted to keep you in the loop. The results are back, and I’m on my lunch break, so I’m going to the clinic now.”
    Her eyes finally met his, and he saw they were slightly red. She had been crying earlier.

He stood up hastily, and nodded, “I’ll come with you.”

Stella quickly put her hand on his chest to stop him. “No, that’s okay. Really, I’m a big girl.” She forced a smile, but it sounded like she was trying to reassure herself more than anyone else.

He noticed how the sun beaned through his glass office and somehow formed an aura around her. She was his ass-kicking guardian angel, now he needed to be hers.
    He squeezed her shoulder lightly, then reached for his coat, “I want to. I told you, I’m here for you. Anyway, even big girls have friends.”
    He held the door open for her. She took a moment to accept what he had said. “Thanks Mac.”

His hand on her back lead her to the elevator, and she was glad it was there. It stopped her from running away. She looked around at her co-workers, her team. They worked hard to keep justice in this huge, relentless city and she wondered if she would still be Stella Bonasera if she wasn’t a CSI. She felt a hand grab hers and looked up at him.
    “We’ll be okay”, he said. She liked the way he said “we” as if they were going through this together, as if his life depended on this result as well.

What she didn’t know, he thought, was that it did. They hadn’t talked about what would happen if it was positive, but seeing her when she told him about it told him she wouldn’t be the old Stella. He couldn’t imagine doing this job without her. Hell, he couldn’t imagine being himself without her.

3. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

Hey
    Just wanted to tell you that you can use the "EDITe button within 24 hours ; this way you won't have to double post ;)

PS: that's a good start!

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Nice start! I'm anxious to see more of this :) *hugs them*

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

that's GREAT!! I can't wait for more!

6. tigger_willows

tigger_willows Prime Suspect

Whhheeeee! Another Smacked story! This is good, I hope that you continue soon.

Laters, tiger_willows xoxo

7. msgirl

msgirl Police Officer

This is really good i hope you write more soon well continue :D

8. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Hey, this is interesting.

:D more please.

9. stellarscience

Hey, thanks for all the messages. Here the next chapter: Sorry for any typos, my spellcheckers not working and also i'm not sure if they would actually go to a "Clinic" but for the purpose of my fic, they do. Hope you enjoy----
    Chapter two...
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Mac held the door open, as always, because he was a gentleman. She took a deep breath and walked in, doing her best not to look anxious. It was a small room; the decorators obviously tried their best to make it look ‘homey’, hence the couches. The few people there looked up briefly from their reading material.

They walked up to the desk where the lady behind it greeted them with a sympathetic smile. Between them his hand touched hers for a second. An offer of ressurance, a signal of support. He had no idea what Stella was going through, but it wasn’t good, and that’s what hurt him.
    “I’m Stella Bonasera. My results - ”
    “Of course, just take a seat. Dr. Lewis will see you soon.” The lady cut her off. He was thankful for that. Stella’s voice had changed. It was less confident, less Stella. Whenever he heard it, he winced inside.
    “Thanks.” Mac smiled and lead Stella over to the couch. It was leather and covered in those pillows that have no specific purpose. Stella hated those, he knew.
    “Sit.”

Her eyes followed him as he went to the watercooler to get her a cup of water. She didn’t ask, and she wondered how he knew. Stupid question, of course he knew. He’s Mac Taylor, her Mac Taylor. When he came back and gave her the plastic cup, she noticed the fading tanline on his ring finger.
    “I need to make a call” he said almost apologetically. She didn’t understand that, but then, she didn’t understand a lot of things these days.

He walked to the other corner of the room, looking over his shoulder. He felt guilty, leaving her for even a minute. As is she was a snowflake, and would melt if he wasn’t there. He glanced around the room as he spoke on his cellphone. One wall was covered in posters: How To Live With HIV, What To Eat, How To Tell Your Loved Ones… He was glad that she trusted him with this, even if it wasn’t straight away. Sure, she was obligated to tell him because he was her boss, but he liked to think that she told him because he was her friend. He reminded her of that when he hugged her tightly.

The other wall was full of paintings, as if to balance out the Poster Wall. Paintings of boats, and little houses with white picket fences. Nothing you could fine in Manhattan. Stella picked up a magazine without even looking at the cover. At least she wouldn’t be staring at him. She tried to focus on the articles, but somehow getting a great summer wardrobe didn’t rank very highly with her. She felt his his eyes as they kept coming back to her, and she liked that feeling. The feeling of him checking up on her, making sure she was still there, making sure she was still okay.

He surprised her when he came back, but she got over it and put the magazine down, relieved. He knew it was unlikey that Stella had caught the virus, she knew that too. But she didn’t need to hear what the chances were. Even if he said it was one in one million, Stella would hear the one.
    He sat beside her, but said nothing. Truthfully, he wasn’t sure what he could say, or do to make her feel better.
    “Mac, I’m glad you came”, she said eventually said, and smiled.
    “It’s what we do. We take care of eachother.”
    That made her laugh, and he felt a little better.
    “That sounds familiar.”

It made her feel special that he remembered those words. It definitely made her feel better. She noticed he held his breath after he spoke and decided that he was worried about what he would say. She wanted to hug him for it, and tell him that him just being there was enough.

10. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Aww.... Mac does remember what Stella tells him.

*he should lol*

11. athens

athens Coroner

That's a really interesting beggining!!>..Update soon! ;)

12. tigger_willows

tigger_willows Prime Suspect

Awwwww! That was really sweet, even considering the circumstances. It's been a really great start as I said before, and I do hope that you continue soon.

Laters, tigger_willows xoxo

13. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

ooh! good thing I peeked into this folder!
    i love it!
    please keep it going... :D

14. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Very nice, hope to read more soon.

15. Tristianna

Tristianna Police Officer

Very lovely first two chapters. Hope to be reading more from this soon hun.

~Tristianna