Crossing Sara – Not Something I’d Recommend (GSR)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by butterflylove206, Mar 6, 2007.

1. butterflylove206

butterflylove206 Prime Suspect

yay, updates *throws confetti* This ones long to make up for all the short ones before. Well actually it just ended up that way but whatever. I apologize in advance for the time line issues that you may or may not have already noticed, sorry about that (and if you didn't notice yet, please try not to) so ready or not here comes...
    ----------Chapter 5------------
    It was Catherine’s day off and she was catching up on the sleep she had missed during 2 weeks of double shifts she and the rest of the team had pulled. She was in the middle of an absurd dream about Lindsay as a baby and Warrick playing piano with a white theater mask on when the phone rudely awakened her.
    “Willows” she barked making it no secret she was seriously pissed.
    “It’s Brass. Grissom’s house was broken into right after he got home this afternoon. I know you know how to get here so drive like the wind. Oh…Yeah, Doc Robbins just got here, I have to go. Hang up now.”
    Catherine sat with her mouth hanging open for a full thirty seconds before she completely processed what he had just said. Grissom? Dead? She shook her head. That couldn’t be, but she couldn’t help but let a single tear free. Don’t jump to conclusions, get there first. I could have heard him wrong. Brass wouldn’t have sounded so nonchalant if something happened to Grissom. She looked at the clock and saw it read 12:00AM.
    She arrived at Grissom’s and tried not to give into the combination of sleep deprivation and lack of facts that was threatening to create panic. She flew out of the car and headed to where Brass was standing, talking to Sara. All Catherine could see of her was the back of her brunette head but her body language screamed stress.
    “Catherine! Hey are you ok?”
    “Uh, who exactly was Doc Robbins coming to pick up?” Catherine’s voice was uncharacteristically shaky.
    “Uh, the perp, who I hope to tell you about.”
    “So they’re all ok? Except the stiff anyway?” Catherine said, obviously relieved.
    “Yeah, so, OK here’s the cliff notes version. This guy named Robert Jenkins with a grudge against Grissom and Sara that’s been forming over the past 8 years he’s been in jail for rape, broke in planning to kill him but he ran into Sara with a gun. Sara was shortly joined by Grissom and now the guy is being treated to a trip to the morgue.”
    “Not that I don’t want to be here since it is for Gil and everything but why did you have to wake me up instead of getting someone who’s actually working tonight?”
    “Grissom and Sara requested you, I obliged.” Brass shrugged.
    “Wait Sara’s here?” It had not even occurred to her Sara would be there. Even though she had known about their relationship for a year now she tried not to dwell on it to avoid letting something slip at work. Now that the word was out she couldn’t wait to see the look on the guys faces when they found out too: priceless.
    Entering the house with her field kit that she was glad she kept in her trunk, she saw the cold lasagna on the counter and remembered the night Grissom had her over for dinner after she walked into the locker room, only to witness him giving a blushing Sara a kiss on the cheek. Why did crime always have to ruin everything good? Entering the bedroom she saw the mess that had been made. She knew Gil kept everything in his home pristine and that his bedroom was probably no exception. Now, broken glass riddled the cream colored carpet and spatter was crude art on the walls. She snapped pictures and then pulled out her gloves. A small revolver and a gun just like the ones the LVPD provided for their officers lay on the ground side by side. A case sat on the floor with the lid propped open by the barrel of a gun. The fingers of a pair of latex gloves stuck out also and after snapping close-ups Catherine opened it up to find a full arsenal of supplies for the perfect murder. Shaking her head she snapped a few more pictures before turning the wall that had been to her back as she walked in. It contained the most spatter, except for two voids that were clearly from Grissom and Sara. Turning to her left, her back to the broken window the room looked almost normal. The far wall was completely covered in framed butterflies, and in the corner sat a gigantic plant that had to be several years old for it’s size.
    “Hey Cath,” Brass said walking down the hall. “guess who Grissom says the guy is.”
    “Ooh, a guessing game. Was it Ronald McDonald?”
    “No, I think his shoes would get in the way. It was actually a guy named Robert Jenkins, convicted rapist. Eight years ago Grissom identified some bugs found on one of the victims who appeared to have committed suicide and Sara was the CSI on the case. The guy was linked through DNA to the vics so he was convicted on the rape charged, but the jury didn’t believe their evidence for the murders because they were pretty well staged as suicides and each one was different so the jury didn’t buy the serial killer part. So now Grissom got some new thing for bugs and he thinks he can get new evidence out of the bugs from the case and he was trying to get the new evidence introduced so the guy might get the murder charges too.”
    “So the guy came after Grissom when he knew he’d be home and probably asleep so he couldn’t get him sent back to jail.”
    “Yeah, and this is where it gets weird. Sara was just working on a suicide case of a woman named Sasha Thomas. Sasha’s real name is Emma Jenkins and she is the former wife of Robert Jenkins. They were married under their real names just before the beginning of Robert’s trial, and then Robert had some of his buddies in the mob create a really good false identity for her, so Sara never even found evidence of another identity during her investigation. All the times she visited Robert in jail she used her real name but that was the only thing she used the name for, so Sara never found the connection. All she knew was that the suicide note said that she killed herself because her husband left her after eight years, but there was no evidence of a husband so Sara was running around trying to find the husband last shift.”
    “Whoa.” Catherine said, at a loss for words for the first time she could remember in a long time.
    “Yeah.”

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm glad you updated again. And you're evil for scaring us like that for a minute lol

3. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

I really like this one!!! Keep it up! ;)

4. tigger_willows

tigger_willows Prime Suspect

WOOT! This is good, keep up the good work.

Laters, tigger_willows xoxo

5. melbel

melbel Pathologist

sweet cheers

6. butterflylove206

ok this is probably really weird but what the hey, I'm feeling spontaneous. what do you guys want to happen in chapters 6+? well, actually I already wrote chapter 6, but I want to stay ahead so, yeah. do you need stuff cleared up about the plot or can I just round it off with some nice fluff?

7. MacsGirlMel

I'll accept either one but I do loves me lots of fluff hehe :)

8. butterflylove206

well but was the explanation in the last chapter too hard to follow? I have it "done" but I feel like its missing something so I'm kinda fishing here

9. MacsGirlMel

Maybe a teeny but not so much that I couldn't comprehend it.

10. butterflylove206

OK I have revised this 60000000 times and I like it now BUT I don't know how well it wraps up everything else. Sorry if it's screwed up but I just think I need to give it to you now. Here *shoves chapter at you* have it. This could probably be its own thing but oh well, it clears some things up from before. Sorry for the cheese.
    -------Chapter 6--------
    Before heading to Sara’s apartment, Grissom and Sara stopped at the lab to feed Grissom’s children: his bugs. He was preparing a special nutritional formula for his racing roaches while Sara checked on the cocoon, which she had affectionately named ‘The-Bug-On-A-Stick’ in the months that had passed since his sabbatical.
    “Hey Gil,” she called. “I think it’s hatching.” It indeed seemed to have been in the process of shedding it’s cocoon for quite some time and was almost ready to break free. Grissom joined her and they both gazed, mesmerized, into the terrarium. Ten minutes later a bright blue butterfly was testing it’s new wings.
    “It matches your eyes Gil” she whispered.
    “Do you recognize it?” Grissom asked. Sara’s eyebrows scrunched for a moment but then she smiled.
    “A Karner Blue Butterfly,” she said with a hint of amazement.
    As butterflies fluttered around inside the netted conservatory Sara tested Grissom’s knowledge.
    “What about that one” Sara asked.
    “That is Phoebis philea, more commonly known as orange-barred Sulphur.”
    For a moment they were silent, smiling at each other, but then a bright blue butterfly chose to rest in Sara’s chocolate colored hair.
    “Lupinus perennis, the karner blue butterfly. It’s an endangered species. Nathaniel Hawthorne said Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.”
    “Looks like I’ve caught happiness.” Sara said. The many meanings of her words were not lost on either of them.
    Remembering their first date put the last few moments into context and Sara was overwhelmed with emotion and amazement that this amazing man was all hers and that he could tell her more in his own way than she thought most men could with words. Placing a kiss on his cheek she whispered in his ear, “I love you too” He redirected her to meet his lips this time and for a moment they were the only two people in the world, standing there in the middle of Grissom’s office.
    Their moment was soon interrupted by Catherine’s knock. She had apparently expected Grissom to be alone and not eating Sara’s face because she stuttered awkwardly, “Oh, sorry, I..I’ll come back later, or uh you can page me when you’re done.” She turned to leave but Grissom called after her.
    “Catherine what is it?” He and Sara were both barely suppressing laughter.
    “You know what if you had walked in on me with…oh I dunno Warrick, how would you feel!” rolling her eyes she continued. “What I came here for was to tell you Brass says go home and don’t come back till Monday, and it turns out that what Robert Jenkins told you was true, his wife really did have two identities. It all checks out.”
    “So I was investigating the suicide of a woman who didn’t exist, awesome.” Sara said in a sarcastically cheery tone.
    “The woman was real all right, it was her name that didn’t exist. She still died. Oh and, I though you guys met when Gil taught that class in San Francisco, how did you work a case together a year earlier?”
    Grissom answered, “We didn’t. Sara was the CSI and her lab sent some of the flies to be analyzed by me. I never left Las Vegas, the bugs did the walking and they did the story telling that almost sent him to jail even longer.”
    “Gris testified at the trial but I didn’t so I never met him, although I was impressed with his work.” Sara smiled flirtatiously at Grissom.
    “Our paths have been destined to cross all along.” Grissom mused.
    “Oh God now I’m going to be singing that damm Rascal Flatts song all week!” Catherine groaned. “I just got it back out of my head from when Lindsay first downloaded it and played it every time she got on the computer! I hope you’re happy!” Catherine left the room shaking her head.
    “May God bless the broken road…” Sara sung in a surprisingly good singing voice.
    “That led me straight to you.” Grissom finished.

11. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

Great job!! I loved it!

12. MacsGirlMel

I loved it too...yay for fluffies :D Don't worry lol, I can't speak for anyone else but I loves my cheese *g* As long as it's not overly cheesy if you get my drift. Which this isn't, it's just right.