CSI: Miami Season 5 **Spoiler Lab** #2-Proceed With Caution!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by ThumpyG42, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSIWATCHER

CSIWATCHER Police Officer

Re: CSI: Miami Season 5 **Spoiler Lab** #2-Proceed With Caut

I'm really not digging this episode from the spoilers. Too much happens and none of it is to my liking. But oh well, what can you do? As a die hard Csi Miami fan, I will be watching this episode, whether or not I have a scowl will be debatable. I guess we shall see.

Not much for the E/C spoiler for one. What happened to him and Natalia? I know some may argue that they ended their "fling" last season, but as it seems it's still quite clear that they have still an interest in each other. Whether its platonic is up to debate, I suppose, though.

However the main thing I'm conserned about is Ryan. Being a TOTAL Ryan fan makes me really angry about this "problem". It was foreshadowed earlier this season, but I was hoping that it would end there, however that doesnt seem to be so.

This is probably one of the things that upset me the most. The writers are making Ryan completely different than they had at the beginning. He went from smart, spunky, confident new guy who solved a case his first day on the job to....incompetent first by making several mistakes this season and last and now to having a gambling problem? What in the heck are these writers doing to him? I understand giving him a story, but I dont want another Warrik around. We have him in Las Vegas. I dont want him in Miami.

A story is one thing but to make him totally different in personality from the beginning is totally wrong and quite irritating. Also, quit having the same story lines over and over! Keep the CSI's seperate! I mean seriously...what happens on one has to happen on the other shows as well. Before long Calleigh's going to be a stripper!

2. CSI_Duquesne01

CSI_Duquesne01 CSI Level Two

I still think that Natalia has a little bit of feelings for Eric. I just think she might be getting over it, but we don't know how she will act in the scene though.

Calleigh a stripper? :lol: Now that would be a shocker...

3. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

Calleigh stripper? Well, Cath Willows was one...

4. VaveAma92

VaveAma92 Police Officer

LOL

Well I'ma CarWasher, but I already said that. I'll take whatever TPTB throws at me. Have fun E/C fans! *stomps back to TV.com........which won't work right now*

5. darx2mint4

darx2mint4 CSI Level One

I have a quick question:

Does anyone know when/or if CSI Miami On Location shooting is going to happen in the coming month??

Thanks.

6. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Nicely put, CSIWATCHER. I also think there's a lot of "character assasination" going on in Miami. These new spoilers don't seem to give me any encouragement either. I mean, I'd like to see actual character development, not more problems for poor Delko (did they just drop that storyline w/him getting his pay check garnished?) or another hang-up for Ryan. A gambling problem? Definitely not original, and I would say it's out of character, but I have no idea who Ryan Wolfe is anymore.
    All the characters are very different from when the show first began.
    I can respect that Calleigh's more "reserved," in terms of her temperment (not as cheerful), as she's lost a good friend (Tim Speedle) and a lot of bad stuff has been going on at the lab the last few years. But she's lost some of that "kick-a**" mentality, charm and spunk that made her such a warm, likable character. She's hardly ever proactive in the storyline. She's just sitting in the interrogation room half the time. I feel like they're trying to replace her with Natalia. I miss Season 1 & 2 Cal.
    What they've done to Ryan is insane. I just don't get it. I was watching a few season 3 eps on A&E, and I remembered why I used to like Ryan. He was driven, had a good temperment and was perhaps a bit naive, but he got the job done. Now he's a shadow of the young, eager CSI he used to be - always messing up, losing his cool, no patience. When he was training Natalia, you'd think he would've understood what it was like to be a newbie - and would treat her like Calleigh treated him. But instead he chose to resent her b/c she was the mole - like Eric resented Ryan for awhile b/c he took Speedle's place.
    And let's not get started on Horatio. He's a regular killing machine now. Anyone remember the finale of season 1, where that child molester - Stuart Otis, I think - was hanging on the ledge, and he asked H to "let him die," and H said "I wish I could," but saved him? - I hope that the spoilers about his "luck running out" come to fruition. Anyone have spoilers for how that's gonna play out?
    Oh, and paging Dr. Alexx Woods - is she even on the show anymore? Talk about absolutely no character development.
    Eric's gone through hell, and I think his character is the only one that's really stayed true to form.
    Sorry if this got a little off-topic, but I think CSIWATCHER made some good observations.

7. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

^^Not only did CSIWATCHER make good observations, but Miamirocks just hit on EVERYTHING I think.

You know, when we asked for character development we didn't mean-well, I didn't mean- putting each character through the ringer until they want to physically and emotionally quit.

I didn't watch CSI-Miami that much until after the third season, but I did watch it. I miss the fun spunky kick butt Calliegh, and the young naive sweet *Remember Shootout?* Ryan, and the Suave sweet carefree HAPPY competent *how much longer are we going to watch him suffer?* Eric. And, has anyone seen Horatio's Lab coat???

Dr. Woods... Doc-ter Woods... Yeah. sorry. Who's that? :)

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

As this is the 'Spoiler Lab', perhaps this discussion could be better-suited in the Writers of CSI:Miami thread. ;)

9. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Sorry! I seem to be getting in trouble when I try not to. :(

I hope that the gambling problem with Ryan has a deeper rooted reason... Like he's trying to pay his college loans off faster. Hopefully, he just gets a slap on the wrist and the team forgives, but doesn't forget.

10. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Agree. I hate the idea of the gambling problem too. It was mentioned earlier but I'd say it again, re-cycled storyline. We had that in LV with Warrick!

I mean I admire the fact that the writers made his character put himself through college and made him so driven and ambitious. You'd even forgive him for being cocky. But I guess nobody's perfect. Or are the writers trying to show everyone's flaws?

Ok sorry I think this going in the wrong direction. I'll ship my thoughts off to the J Togo/Ryan and the Miami writers thread... :(

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I wonder what their thing is with glass lately; Eric is the second character to get cut by it...Stella already did on NY.

12. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

http://www.tvguide.com/ - Ask Ausiello

awww can it be the snake lady?! :lol: after this will have more screen time for the real CSI`s :devil:

or maybe H get temporary fired, coz of the supervisor story in 'A Grizzly Murder' epi and becom private investigator like Yelina :lol:

13. Juma

Juma Police Officer

well. getitng H fired sure would up the viewer numbers. Then he could get back in an ep early next season. But that's not very likely, since they did that on NCIS already.

Hoever even if Eric gets fired that would be huge too. He could be put on leave to deal with his problems, and then come back in a while a changed man. Hwever we've had a lot of Eric drama, so I don't think so.

I can't see any of the women getting fired.
    Alexx is just a bystander nowadays, anyway.
    But when she's around, she adds that black super dark chocolate american king od class and charm. ( no offence intended, but that's what she is right now)
    Calleigh has developed in to the smart blond with the avenger boots who occasionally saves the day.
    Natalia is the super hot latina who appeals to every one, all across the globe. ELR has that transversial beauty everyone can relate too.

ANd Ryan. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. He's having gambling probs. H's warned him already that he can't help him anymore. The writer's turned Ryan into a moron on the job and a rude jerk personally.

Might be Ryan.

I liked Ryan before, but honestly, I think they've written him into a bad corner. How to get him out of there?
    If he's fired:
    - they could exchange him for someone else ( since they've messed up, that'd give them an opportunity to start anew, but I hope not)
    - I hope he get's a chance to re evalutate things, maybe in gambling rehab, I'm sure in Miami they've got such a thing, and then come back with a fresh start and be his old clever self.

14. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Oh no!
    Not again! That's nearly the same like the whole 'Who is the mole?' issue from season 4. :(
    And we never know how TPTB display the term 'Team'. In the end it's one of the rarely known lab techs who gets fired.
    Hmpf, though I will be excited till we know more...

15. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Personally, I think it is Ryan b/c he is supposed to get into trouble for paying off gambling debt while on the job and H even tells him that he can't help him b/c he didn't come to him first. So I think it might be him b/c that is pretty big thing to do while on the county's time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.