Dear Writers... (Have something you want to say?)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 27, 2007.

1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

From eonline: (read at your own risk)

Dear TPTB:

There has been a lot of thoughtful arguments against the "relationship" between Danny and Lindsay. If the above information is correct, it is obvious thoughtful feedback from viewers who care about the quality of CSI: NY is not what you are after. So, in a last ditch effort I offer this:

For the love of any and all deities, the integrity of your show, Carmine Giovinazzo’s tremendous acting ability, and the sanity and loyalty of many fans, STOP THIS MADNESS! :mad: :( :confused:

Seeing the words “forever bonded” and “destiny” in relation to Danny and Lindsay makes me want to vomit. Good-bye intelligent procedural drama, hello cheese ball soap opera. And it’s not even good cheese. I could maybe stomach it if you were serving up mommy Messer’s mozzarella; but you seem bent on handing out that plastic, nasty government cheese my great-grandma used to get in the ‘80’s. Sorry, I’ve stomached all I can take of that crap. :rolleyes:

2. mulder8scullly5

mulder8scullly5 Prime Suspect

I don't know but I think if we don't read such shipper posts for Lindsay and Danny we won't get affected..:)

3. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I think Lindsay as a charachter was pushed too hard into the series to allow any substantial development and when I see her, the more I miss the time where she was absent during the trial in Montana. For the love of God, don't turn Danny into a intellectual sponge and keep him as the roughneck urban guy that I loved from the beginning.

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Dear Writers,

Please let the words destiny dashed mean that the relationship between Danny and Lindsay will be done, finished, kaput after the finale. The word dashed suggests that it's finite, finis, the end--please let it be so!

:)

5. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

^ Dittos Top. "Dashed" does mean forever terminated, doesn't it? Please writers, please listen to our plea. If "dashed" means left as a season-ending cliffhanger leaving the viewer to ponder whether next season will open with a lip lock, perhaps you should ponder how many of your diehard fans will be turning in for another season of "As the World Turns" or whatever cheese ball shit you may be turning out.

6. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

*claps at the previous two posts*

I think "dashed" has become my favourite word of the day... :D

7. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

"Dashed" doesn't just mean cliffhanger, it should rightly mean falling off the cliff, and ending up in an intimate embrace with the spiky spiky rocks below. There should rightly be gore and things smooshed into tiny pieces.

If they don't live up to this promise, I'm going to get really really mad, and then sue for false advertising.

8. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I tell ya, I'm getting more and more convinced Mr. Zuiker is a closet fan of horrible, corny soap operas, and this is his way of getting his one twu wuv plots onto the TV screen without being branded one. :lol: Clever maneuver, but even blind people can tell when there's no chemistry between two people. :p

9. chaostheory08

chaostheory08 CSI Level Three

Well, I have not read a single D/L thread -- shipper or no shipper. Just watch the show and you'll see it. As a lot of us know, it's not for everyone. Not my cup of tea or it doesn't float my boat. Or just plain ole I don't buy it.

I took the liberty of looking it up --

DASHED -- [trans.] strike or fling (something) somewhere with great force, esp. so as to have a destructive effect; hurl : example: the ship was dashed upon the rocks.

• [ trans. ] destroy or frustrate (a person's hopes or expectations) : example: the budget dashed hopes of an increase in funding.

• [ trans. ] cause (someone) to lose confidence; dispirit : example: I won't tell Stuart—I think he'd be dashed.

So if that quote from AZ is true... then I don't know -- it still can go either way. Connected forever? Plus dashed? And the last part ... other woman, scared of committment -- it's telling me that this is D/L's last season?

Unless the writers get their new shipment of SVH pocketbooks again.

10. paigeS

paigeS Dead on Arrival

Destiny can also be described as something that is predetermined, so maybe all AZ is stating is what ever plans they had to take their relationship to the next stage is dashed. I don't think for a second that he is announcing the end of D/L. I also don't think any of the three things AZ mentioned are going to be the reason for Danny's distraction either, he would be silly if he gave that away.

As much as you claim that the majority of fans dislike D/L, I have seen nothing that suggests that. All I see is the same maybe 20 people posting the same arguments over and over again. Even your own polls suggest than D/L is pretty much liked by a large portion of fans that visit this site. How you can claim to be the majority of fans when the show has an average veiwing audience of 14 million is beyond me. Show me the proof to back up your claims, and I may take notice.

Add to that all the questions that seemed to be asked of the producers, actors and anyone associated with the show, are about D/L. Its garnering the show attention, whether negative or positive, they don't care, its a topic of discussion and to them thats a good thing. And going by the ratings for this season, it certainly hasn't made viewers tune out, which you would expect, if it was as widely disliked as you claim.

And this chemistry argument is getting old, chemistry is subjective, if we don't want to see it we wont.

And if all you can do is complain about the show, which I take is the reason you started this thread in the first place, why are you still watching it. If something upset me as much as this show obviously upsets you, why in heck are you still watching it.

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I opened this thread because sometimes we all have things that we wish we could tell the writers. Don't presume to know why I opened it, or why other people have posted in here. And I will watch the show if I want to. I can dislike something about the show and still enjoy the show overall.

I haven't seen anybody claim that. What I've seen is people expressing their opinion. And just because a lot of people like something doesn't invalidate the opinions of those who don't. I do believe that the main argument hasn't been that nobody likes D/L, but that it's a divisive aspect of the show.

And the argument that people who dislike D/L should cease and desist discussing it are getting old as well. If someone claims that D/L is the best thing ever to happen to CSI:NY, or that the ratings are better only because of D/L, etc--their claims aren't 'correct' either. So really, you can't prove anything about every viewer. I can only say what's true for me as a viewer. That's all anybody on here can do. And if I think something is bad for the show, I'll continue to share my opinion.

Now, back to the point of this thread, which is letters to the writers.

Dear Writers,

Upcoming spoilers have me a bit curious about continuity for Stella's backstory. I'm hoping that this is a case of learning more than we already knew, rather than just discarding the information that you've already given us.

Crossing my fingers,
    Fay

12. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

The show doesn't upset us, having to watch the trainwreck that is everything relating to Lindsay (including her and Danny's "relationship") in order to watch a show that we do like upsets us. It's blatantly obvious that we like the show, otherwise do you think we'd feel so passionately about a character that's slowly but surely turning it into a soap opera?

We have to make the same argument because many people come in these threads and tell we - those opposed to DL - that if we don't like the 'ship, we shouldn't watch the show. Sound familiar? Most of the other arguments in favour of Lindsay are too.

And I really don't think that Lindsay is popular enough to cause any noticeable stir in the ratings. I'd wager she's about as popular as one of the supporting characters: we certainly know less about her than one of them.

Why don't we like Lindsay? Lets sum it up in three, quick points ...
    1. She's unrealistic and inconsistent.
    2. She's poorly developed and serves no real purpose.
    3. She's being portrayed horrendously.

And to keep it on topic,
    Dear writers.
    See above list. Acknowledge it. Fix it.

13. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Hmmm...I didn't realize we couldn't have negative opinions of the show and I don't need someone to tell me I don't need to watch the show just because I have negative opinions. You can't tell me that anybody loves all aspects of the show. This thread wasn't opened to complain about the show. It doesn't have to be all negative talk in here but the majority of posters in this thread are upset about certain aspects of the show.
    So then, destiny dashed could mean that their predetermined destiny will be changed or that TPTB came to their senses and they dashed their destiny. :D
    But how many of those who vote actually post on this board? :( There's far greater numbers of voters that are pro DL than there are posters and that's including the shipper thread. That only tells me that there's lots of members who don't seem to post, just vote in the polls.
    It's not that I don't want to see it or that I am in denial that it exists. I just can't claim to see chemistry when I cleary can't see it. Others see it and that's just fine with me. I can't understand why they see it and they can't understand why I don't.
    I see what you mean. It's silly to think we'd stop watching the show just because we didn't like DL. It will take more than that for me to stop watching. Even if they got married and had tons of kids, I wouldn't stop watching the show. They're not the only characters.

This DL crap is gonna be a topic of discussion for probably as long as the show is on the air. Everybody has the right to state their opinion whether it's against DL or for DL.

Also keeping on topic,
    Dear writers,
    Thank you for realizing the Danny/Lindsay pairing isn't the right way to take the show.

Let's all keep in mind that this is just a TV show. It's not real and posting in these threads is just for fun. :p

14. CSINicole

CSINicole Police Officer

I learned something new! CSI NY is actually pretty good, but Im still gunna stick with my CSI Miami and Vegas!

15. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

To make paigeS happy I'll say something positive:

Dear Writers,

I love the addition of Peyton to the cast and I'm very curious to see where you're going to go with her as an individual character and her relationship with Mac.

Claire's son Reed is an interesting character as well. It'll be interesting to see where you're going with this story line as well.

Thank you for giving us more background on Stella! Though I have to agree with Faylinn and hope that it doesn't contridict what we've already learned about her.

I would love for Flack and Hawkes to have more screentime! Both Eddie Cahill and Hill Harper are very skilled actors and I would love some further development with their characters.(and can you try to get Hill to take his shirt off? :devil: )

Do you think you can add Robert Joy/Sid Hammerback to the opening credits next season? He's in practically every single episode.

Thank you,

Carrie