When Did Mac Say...

MacsLady

CSI Level Two
There is a Season 1 (or maybe early Season 2) episode of CSI NY where Mac confronts the bad guy at the end. Mac is pretty disgusted with the guy, and refers to having been a Marine and buried his dead buddies in the sand, does anyone know which epidose this is?

I believe fastfoodjunkie is right, if we're thinking of the same quote. ;) Here's the quote from "Tanglewood." (I got it from tv.com because I'm too lazy to put in the DVD myself. :lol: So it might not be exact, but it looks right. ;))

"Sonny Sassone: That’s right that’s the way we do it. Mafia style. You look at em dead in the eye and you watch the lights go out. But you wouldn’t know anything bout that would ya, copper?

Mac: I’m a marine you little punk. I’ve put men in the ground in foreign soil so you can sleep at night, but you wouldn’t know anything ‘bout that. Would ya, kid? Let me tell you something about the mob. Back in their heyday they dealt in death and violence, because of one thing: business. Not sport. They were smart. You punks are idiots."

:)

Faylinn said:
I believe fastfoodjunkie is right, if we're thinking of the same quote. ;) Here's the quote from "Tanglewood." (I got it from tv.com because I'm too lazy to put in the DVD myself. :lol: So it might not be exact, but it looks right. ;))

"Sonny Sassone: That’s right that’s the way we do it. Mafia style. You look at em dead in the eye and you watch the lights go out. But you wouldn’t know anything bout that would ya, copper?

Mac: I’m a marine you little punk. I’ve put men in the ground in foreign soil so you can sleep at night, but you wouldn’t know anything ‘bout that. Would ya, kid? Let me tell you something about the mob. Back in their heyday they dealt in death and violence, because of one thing: business. Not sport. They were smart. You punks are idiots."

:)
Thank you SO much, that's the quote! And Tanglewood is on Five US here in the UK tommorrow night.Yay! :) Thanks again, it was driving me nuts trying to remember when he said that. :mad: He's very Pissy!Mac when he says it. I like Pissy!Mac. Well, I like Mac. A LOT. :)

doublefe said:
officer blue in season1?
It wasn't Officer Blue, but he does say something similar in that episode, he's really disgusted with the guy there too. I like that ep a lot. Especially Mac and the horse, so sweet.

Oh, yeah, I love that quote/scene from Tanglewood - Mac really gives it to Sonny Sassone. Go Mac! Love your fighting talk :)

I think in OB, it was "The chain of command is sacrosanct, I know, I'm a Marine" because the guy was talking about violating orders. Does anyone know what it was he didn't want to do? I forgot.

Here's Mac's speech from Officer Blue:
"You shot a New York City police officer. He wasn't just a cop, he was somebody's son. He made somebody proud at home. When you shot him through the back, you shot those people through the heart. From where I stand, you're the one that should be put to death. No trial, no jury. Eye for an eye."

Love it!

Does anyone know what it was he didn't want to do? I forgot.
I think it was something about Jerald Brown's group going in to take out some 'hostiles' after being told not to, and that's why he was dishonorably discharged...

kiwifan said:
Here's Mac's speech from Officer Blue:
"You shot a New York City police officer. He wasn't just a cop, he was somebody's son. He made somebody proud at home. When you shot him through the back, you shot those people through the heart. From where I stand, you're the one that should be put to death. No trial, no jury. Eye for an eye."

Love it!

That was a damn great quote. It's stuff like that that does make me like Mac.

Mac's quotes always seem to get me a little teary eyed. The above quotes are fabulous and his speech at the end of Blink about Claire and the beach ball will always have me in tears.

In respone to Faylinn's post on Mac's angry rebuttal at Sonny Sassone:

I think that was one of my favorite Mac moments on the entire series even as I type this. The way he just tears Sonny to pieces is just classic! He tells him of burying bodies on foreign soil and the classic mafia dealing in death and violence for business while Tanglewood kills for sports is classic!Mac. I will never forget that. That alone makes "Tanglewood" one of my favorite episodes of Season 1. The sequel "Run Silent Run Deep" was very powerful especially as Danny cried at the end but that's up for another thread.

I have to say that Mac giving it to Sonny Sassone was sweeeet. Probably my favorite Mac Speech. Esp. the stuff about the old school Mafia.

KimAZ said:
I have to say that Mac giving it to Sonny Sassone was sweeeet. Probably my favorite Mac Speech. Esp. the stuff about the old school Mafia.

The speech he gave to Sonny at the end of I think it's RSRD when he plays Sonny the tape that Louie secretly made of Sonny confessing to the other guys murder will never be the same again for me after the screen cap appeared in the "Caption Contest" thread and someone came up with Mac supposedly saying "Is this or is this not you (meaning Sonny) singing Mmm, Bop in the shower?" :D

Back