"Bite Me" Discussion Thread **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 3, 2005.

1. kimaken

kimaken Lab Technician

It sounded distant to me. Warrick calls the others, even David the coroner, by their first names (except Grissom, of course), and he used to call Greg by his first name, too. Now all of a sudden he calls Greg by his surname? It was odd.

2. grumpy

grumpy Prime Suspect

It annoys me that Warrick suddenly starts calling Greg 'Sanders'. In past shows he called him Greg, In No humans involed when Warrick showed Mia his phone it even showed Gregs name.
    Maybe its a different writer :confused: I'll get of my soapbox now :D :D

3. Kaye

Kaye Pathologist

Yeah... I'm going to have to say "Me four!!!!" on the Ecklie thing. And he was actually sympathetic to Grissom and his team! WOOT! GO ECKLIE!

I'm reading the posts about Nick and Greg not having enough screen time and yet their scenes are the ones that I remember most clearly, so that seems really odd to me! Speaking of which...

Nick was just SO funny. The interaction between him and Archie remembered me of the good old days in season three in the episode "Let the Seller Beware". Ah, those were the times! George Eads just had THE best facial expressions in this episode. When he first saw the bite marks and said, "Those don't look like mosquito bites." Priceless! Then when he's talking to the dentist and says, "Well, do you mind biting down on this please?" And she says, "You know I wouldn't." George's facial expression is just SO funny!

And I don't know about everybody else, but I'm really glad that TPTB have kept true to continuity. I really like the subtle hints of past episodes. Such as the "Relationships between co-workers never work" is a nostalgic moment as well as foreshadowing. The slow-motion scene at the very end of Catherine watching the girl being taken away is a nice reminder of Lindsey. I liked it!

Al Robbins is just too funny! I love his scenes.

Greg's fan-boy is too cute! First Greg follows Nick; now what's-his-name follows Greg. It's a cycle. ^_^

I wish there was more Warrick-Nick-Greg interaction. Sigh. Ah well.

Overall, I agree--though, I loved the first two episodes (I seem to be the only one), this one has certainly been the best!

4. nickstokesfan

nickstokesfan Coroner

Yeah, he sort of gritted his teeth as if to show her what to do...

Definitely not enough Nick in this episode but it was a GREAT one overall. Greg was adorable when he realized the new lab tech considered him a mentor. It's nice to see him getting some affirmation.

And Brass... ah, he's just classic. :)

5. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Ahem...in my best singsong voice: Greggo's got a groupie....Greggo's got a groupie..... :lol:

Really liked this eppy. I always enjoy it when the whole team works on a single case. It had some good twists and some really funny moments. IMHO best episode of the season so far.

Did anyone else recognize "Buffy" as Calisto of Xena/Hercules fame?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

There were too many scenes that I enjoyed in this episode.

Brass was the best as usual as was Doc. I love when the Doc Robbins says something so out of character for him.

Catherine and Sara worked well with each other -- no cattiness -- professional and friendly. That was nice to see.

I loved the scene Archie and Nick watching the video. I loved the way Nick flinched everytime the woman took a bite out of Ray. Several people have noted how well George Eads uses his facial expresions and that was another great example as was when Nick and Brass were talking to the dentist. Brass had to remind him what the man's name was.

I thought Grissom seemed really uncomfortable in the bedroom scene with Sara and as usual totally avoided anything by retreating.

The team seems more relazed than usual with each other and I like that. Even when Warrick, Nick and Sara first arrived on the scene and met Grissom and Catherine. Grissom very casually told them where to go and they sprang into action - no questions, no comments, no looks - just listened to their supervisor like professional and did their jobs. Nice to see.

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I guess the team is happy to be back together.

8. nickstokesfan

nickstokesfan Coroner

No... but I did recognize Susan (the daughter) as Missy from Love Comes Softly (a Hallmark movie that came out a year or so ago). She's a really good actress.

And don't forget Grandpa... from Dharma & Greg. :p

I actually hated that when Nick and Archie were watching the video clip, Nick's reaction was "She's hot." Okay, maybe I have him on a pedestal of innocence and purity ( :rolleyes: ) but it seems he and Archie are always made to look like over-sexed teenagers.

But then... I'm 33 and still can't figure men out so maybe it's a very realistic portrayal. Sigh. Reality. :p

9. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I liked it. Lots of fun moments and great one liners, especially by Doc & Brass. Loved the convo between Brass/Cath at the beginning, when she said the husband held his wife until the parameds arrived, & said "Wouldn't you?" and typical Brass, "You never met my ex..." LOL And Grissom's look he gave David when David out-grissomed him with the Red Sea bit! Hee. And Greg is the toxicologist guy's new hero, that's awesome! And not surprising, since Greg seems to be the only guy who has gotten out of the lab. Loved the haircut line.

The scenes with Nick/Archie watching the video, then the subsequent scene with Nick/Brass & the dentist were priceless. Loved Nick totally forgetting the husband's name, and Brass quietly prompting him. Callisto! (the dentist) Yes, I did recognize her!

Loved the return to the old camaraderie between Griss/Cath, and seeing Cath/Sara work so well together. Nice to see. And I took Cath's comment as the writers' intentional irony, both women having been spurned by co-workers. I didn't see it as Cath warning Sara, it was just a wink & a nod by the writers, knowing the audience would find it amusing, given the two women in the scene.

I actually felt bad for Sara in the bedroom scene - eternally hopeful, but if it weren't for Grissom's complete lack of enthusiasm, he would have had no reaction at all. I hate seeing the writers continually reduce her like that, her trying to gain some ground and Grissom never rising to the bait. She's a smart, funny, pretty woman, and the writers can do better with her character than that - and that's coming from me, not a big Sara fan.

Lastly, I thought Griss/Ecklie were actually on the same page last night. Ecklie understood Grissom's need for more evidence, and Grissom understood Ecklie's need to appease the over-eager DA. Nice to see them coming to a meeting of minds.

10. kimaken

kimaken Lab Technician

Nick had the 3rd most screen time, behind Grissom and Catherine! I'm sure you'd love a Nick-only episode but I don't think TPTB will go for it. But I may be wrong about that....

Wasn't a lot of Warrick or Sara, either, but at least they were there. Greg was there, too, working mostly in the background--even had a few lines of dialogue--WooHoo! But otherwise he had nothing special or memorable.

11. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

good eppy! Gregs admirer was SO ADORABLE! It was so cute how Greg just lit up when the guy said he was a role model. I think it gave him a needed boost of confidence. Also, it was cute when Nick looked slightly disturbed upon seeing bite marks...:)

12. Barbarella

Barbarella Lab Technician

I love it when Doc Robbins talks sex with Grissom in autopsy. Oh, the look it invokes. :D

I agree, it was so nice to see them toning down Cath's character a bit again and having work well with people again. As for the 'lovers and coworkers' line, I think that while Cath may not have directed it at Sara, Sara may interpret it that way. (oh, how did I love that they had her say that while next to Sara...)

Grissom couldn't get out of the room fast enough. I think the writers are working towards resolving this issue and (hopefully) having her move on and past this puppy love she's got going for her boss.

I got a little weirded out myself. What alternate dimension did I land in when Ecklie is making sense and Grissom is agreeing with him? They're being....nice to each other. Wtf?? ;)

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Well I really liked this ep, I basically don't have anything new to add. I agree with most of you, the case was more interesting this time, more twists and turns, and the characters were all pretty funny, too.

14. nickstokesfan

nickstokesfan Coroner

Did he really? I'll have to take your word on it because I certainly didn't time it.

And no... I wouldn't want a Nick-only episode. I find that comment a bit insulting. I just thought that Nick -- and Warrick, for that matter -- seemed a bit scarce. Perhaps Nick's scenes were just more low-key and didn't grab my attention as much as other parts of the episode.

Anyway, on a more positive note, it was nice to have an episode where nobody got overly snarky with anyone else.

15. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

I completely agree, MBGrissom. If they MUST keep GSR going (and I so wish they would end this storyline and act like it was never even considered) couldn't they show more angst from Grissom? It's so unrealistic to think that Sara would still be harboring feelings for him after he has batted her away over and over. It's almost a return of S4 Sara and I do not like that Sara (but I loved S5 Sara).

The rest of the episode was pretty good. Loved the hero worship of Greg (and he needs that for his self-esteem), Catherine the awesome CSI makes a return, and I like the layering of Ecklie.

Hopefully, though, the case next time can be more original.