Spoilers in the Big Apple - Season 3 Spoilers Continued

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by dutch_treat, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

looks like christina aguilera is still going to be on csi:

Credit: starpulse

2. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

:lol:I was always on board with your idea, but only if all the scenes call for no emotion, not a trace, not a bit. It must be totally devoid of emotion, because not even for Lindsay’s swift exit am I willing to put up will shrill scrunch-faced sub par acting for more than two episodes. If you promise that every line will be uttered the same way as “the faces of my four dead friends” then I will start a write in campaign demanding the writers and show runners acquiesce to your idea and then I’ll have a statue erected in your honour, but if there is crying, if there is angst, if there is yelling you’ll wake up one day and their will be an unfamiliar tear-stained face on your doorstep asking if you are ready to feel the pain from my kicks of steel. :p

Where is Joss Whedon and his crew of amazing writers when you need them. Buffy. *sigh* :(

3. english_rose

english_rose Victim

ooooo reli good spoilers!!!! this is probs a reeeeli stupid question so sorry but i just wanted to check does this mean d/l is over for good or is this just a little bump along the road or something lol?

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

At first glance I'd say a bump in the road, but re-reading what Zuiker says makes me wonder if they are going to ditch it. "Forever bonded" is kind of vague--they're all kind of "forever bonded" to each other in a multitude of ways. Flack and Stella after "All Access," Danny and Mac in RSRD, etc.

And then the "destiny dashed" thing. Not "postponed" but dashed. Dashed implies an ending. I have no idea, but one can certainly hope. ;)

5. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^I have no idea either, but he also says: "The two will look to take the next step in their relationship" so perhaps they will be able to create a new destiny ;) after this one gets dashed. You're right -one can only hope-.

The spoilers for ep #22 sound great.

6. privatename

privatename Rookie

:lol: I loved this post! It is too funny.

7. detdonflackjr

detdonflackjr Rookie

Is Peyton listed in any of these upcoming episodes?

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

^^ I don't remember reading her name or Reed's at this point. :( But they might still be there...

Isn't anybody going to weigh in on the possible continuity error with Stella's past? In "Til Death Do We Part," she mentioned being raised in an orphanage, and now it's mentioned that she was in a foster home.

And I'm sure someone wants to talk about Mac being investigated and having to hand in his gun and badge. ;)

9. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Maybe she was raised both in an orphanage and in a foster home like another woman who is mentioned in the spoilers.

10. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

Top, I just love your positive mental attitude! :D

I was wondering about the meaning of "dashed" since English is not my first language and I have to say your post just renewed my faith that something good can come out of this... *crosses fingers*

11. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Faylinn, I assume you're talking about me and my virulent Mac hate-on:) You're right, I do want to talk about the dark, unseemly joy of seeing the shoe finally be on the other foot. I know that since it's Mac, he'll get his badge back, but I'm very interested to see how he handles being the one under suspicion. Not well, I suspect.

I know it'll never happen because Flack is a better fictional person than I am a real one, but I wish he'd conga into Mac's office, ask him how it feels to be treated like a scumbag by supposed friends, and Macarena out again.

This is why I could never be a cop. My constant baboon dancing would get me fired.

12. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

I just checked my spoilers source and noticed there's a scene from episode #23. Not much for now (and it's weird that it's up this soon after #22), it's Stella talking to a girl whose fiancé's been killed.

There's a condom maching involved and Peyton is around. :)

13. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

Here's more hope to dash also means to damn. Here's hoping . . .

14. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I'm unimpressed, but we'll see. Last year, the show finished with a spate of strong episodes. The only exception was "Charge of This Post", and I'd rather pretend that didn't happen if you please. So would the writers and producers, apparently, since the incident therein was never mentioned or even indirectly alluded to ever again.

Still, the spoilers don't seem promising:

-Lindsay and Danny are "forever bonded", but their destiny is "dashed"? AHAHAHAHAHAHA! If I ever needed proof that this franchise was catering to pubescent girls and lonely, bored, housewives, there it is, encapsulated in all its putrescent glory. Good God. "Destiny" is for soap operas and fanfiction.

If the D/L ship is truly dashed upon the rocks of writerly caprice, I will be happy, but like so many others, I have the sinking suspicion that it's going to be an excuse for more yes-no, will they-won't they garbage, and if that's the case, I'm done. I didn't sign up for cheap emotional manipulation and precious minutes of screen time wasted on clandestine clinches in lab supply closets and longing looks over cooling corpses. Not even Flack pretty will be sufficient justification for my continued patronage. Unless he's buck naked underneath a red Spartan cloak, then, oh, baby, am I there. What can I say? I'm weak.

If the relationship does come to a definitive end, one has to wonder why they invested so much time and effort in building it up? Did they plan for it to end this way all along, or was it aborted after fan response was less positive than they had hoped?

What reasons will they give? If it's something lame like Sonny Sassone threatening Lindsay from beyond the cell, I'm going to scream, but if it's because Louie emerges from his coma and needs Danny to help him recover, I'm all over it.

Actually, I want to see Louie break up the impending consummation of the D/L relationship by bashing in the door to Danny's apartment with his motorized wheelchair and declaring, "Danny, I'm your brother," while the Vader theme swells. OK, maybe not, but it would still be more awesome and less nauseating than watching them swap spit.

-Mac finally gets called to account. Huzzah! Since we all know that Mac, Defender of Justice, can do no wrong, the outcome isn't in doubt, but it will be interesting to see how he handles the ignominy of being under investigation. Not well, I suspect, and if at any point during the story arc, he delivers a chest-thumping screed about how his record speaks for itself and they should know he wasn't at fault, I'm going to point and laugh because that defense worked for neither Danny nor Flack, and he should know better than to use it.

-The Stella continuity glitch proves that the writers don't give fig about their canon and have planned nothing. They just go with what sounds good and fits the drama that week, and to hell with everything else. In S1, Stella says she was in St. Basil's until she was 18, and now she was in foster care with a family affluent enough to live in a brownstone? My ass. How stupid do you think I am, and how little respect do you have for me as a viewer?

I think you better ready that Spartan cape and the body oil, dear writers.

15. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Orison[/b]: dashed in this case means 'to destroy or wreck.' So yes, that would definately imply an ending. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

The Mac plot line sounds awesome! I'm looking forward to that, for sure! :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.