Calleigh & Ryan #6: Setting Laptops On Fire - CaRWash

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by _Calleigh_, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Guys, a minimum of 3 lines of on-topic posting please. There's a lot to say about CaRWash.

Kate, nice to see you back.

Personally, I already have a CaRWash storyline for this episode worked out, but I seriously doubt it will ever happen :lol: Girl can dream.

Happilyhappy, the couch is mine! :p *shoves over* But I'll share. And well except fanfiction.net (have you read my stories? :rolleyes:) and csi-forensics, there's livejournal. Ragna writes awesome CaRWash (and other) stories, so go check them out.

2. _Calleigh_

_Calleigh_ Coroner

I'm puzzled by the recent spoilers about Ryan, but I can't help having CaRWash (angst/comfort) hopes about such news... I just can't help wondering what TPTB have in store for our two lovebirds. They seem to be very confused about what to do with my poor Calleigh.
    They brought in Jake to give her a love interest, but the two of them just flirt and argue and flirt again, and that doesn't seem to be even remotely similar to any kind of romance. Maybe that is TPTB's concept of romance, and that makes me think that from this perspective Calleigh and Ryan have been involved in the most burning hot affair since their very first meeting (and they do, we know ;)).

As Kate has already pointed out, LV has its big canon ship, and NY is very close to that too, now it's Miami's turn, and if any ship is bound to happen, then that has to be CaRWash. Whatever you can say about any Miami ship, Calleigh/Ryan is the easiest to handle (they wouldn't have to change much, would they? They already act couplish enough...) and the most sensible (H has already lost Marisol and Yelina, so far, and I haven't forgotten those mildly shippy scenes with Natalia, and Eric, c'mon, he's a little too immature and libertine for a girl like Cal).
    Damn, I've been dying to see S5, and it's nearly over already... How will I make it to S6?

3. the_bullet_girl

the_bullet_girl Hit and Run

Hmm. I seemed to have missed this spoiler to do with Ryan. *Runs to find out.* lol

I'm inclined to agree with you _Calleigh_.
    Funnily enough, I was just having that same discussion with a friend; how LV and NY have their relationships, and Miami has never really accomplished much in the love department.

It's clearly obvious that there is chemistry between Ryan and Cal, well to us anyway...obviously not to the writers. I agree with you that it would be an easy match to make but with Calleigh's track record and Ryan's...lack of track record. :lol: I bet, if we are given the ultimate CaRWash relationship, the writers will make it angsty. Grr. It's quite frustrating, seeing yet another season pass with minimal CaRWash moments. I hope S6 is much better and maybe, if we're lucky, we'll get our wish...Cal&Ryan together.

Being a huge CaRWash fan, I'm still hopeful for some glimmer of a relationship between them though. :D

4. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Actually, I don't think I want to see CaRWash ever happening on the show, unless it's for the show's last few episodes. As Inge points out all the time, and I agree with her, if it would happen, it would probably disappoint us. Now we can write fanfiction and dream about it, but if it would actually happen, it would be impossible to make up how they got together, for instance, because you SAW how they got together. If it was the show ending soon, then I might be okay with it.

I might sound like a very bad CaRWasher right now, and of course I love the hints between them. But every ship has its hints. Right now I couldn't say which ship would happen if there were one to happen in Miami, because Eric/Calleigh are getting some moments back too. And there hasnt been a real CaRWash moment since...well No Man's Land. I miss season 3 and 4.

Luns, the CaRWash storyline for this ep is all done up in my mind.

5. the_bullet_girl

the_bullet_girl Hit and Run

Hmm I see your point Dutchie, the S/L if any, of a CaRWash relationship would be disappointing because no doubt it wouldn't live up to our expectations, however, we'll never know unless we get a chance to see...so I still want some sort of a decent CaRWash scene. :) I guess we'll have to wait and find out.

Awe, you definitely don't sound like a bad CaRWasher. Opinions are valued. And yeah, I miss season 3 & 4 too. :(

6. _Calleigh_

_Calleigh_ Coroner

Being an incurable Angst Whore, I'd love to see the tension between the two of them growing to exasperation and finding a resolution only in the end, as a coronation of long, slow process. It took TPTB ages to put together Sara and Griss, and now I honestly have lost part of my interest in it (and I stress 'partly'). Truth is that everyone has different expectations and with no explicit pairing the writers keep everyone satisfied and feed their hopes more or less equally. Miami is the most watched of the three shows, and the most troubled, too, therefore I believe there's no real necessity to bribe the audience with some juicy romance, at least not explicitly.
    Almost every ship exists because there were shipper scenes to base them on, and that is pretty normal, in my opinion... Coworkers flirt, especially if they have confidence with each other, and it's really easy to find something that makes you say "OMG, they are so doing it!", more for some, less for others.

The matter with CaRWash is that it coexists with another big pillar as to ships, which is EC, and it's more covenient to carry on with both these pairings rather then focus only on one... A good part of the dinamicity would die if one ship became canon, if you know what I mean. :eek:

Calleigh and Ryan do have chemistry, whatever other shippers say, and it's something many poeple who don't even watch the show have noticed. the problem is not chemistry, the problem is that this is CSI Miami, not Grey's Anatomy (thanks to goddess, I might add), and there's no need to stuff it with romances and break ups blooming everywhere. Flirts do carry along some healthy spice, but an established relationship for any of the characters is still far, it seems, which is a pity. I'm not saying Calleigh and Ryan, or H and Natalia :)lol:), should start hooking up and speaking about marriage, and kids, and three bedroom houses, but maybe something like a not so friendly night out for drinks together, or a real comforting scene, or anything wouldn't surely compromise the 'chastity' of the show. :rolleyes:

7. inge

inge CSI Level Two

wow, Nikki agrees with me about *that*. :eek:
    Kidding, sweetie.
    I mean, I read my name and I had to post.

Luna, you're nailing all my thoughts in your post in a way I never could. I also thought about a comparison between Grey's and CSIM. :lol:
    If I want to watch messy relationship stuff ((c) by Ali) I watch Grey's and not CSIM.
    It's also risky to introduce a couple because there's the possibility of losing fans (from other ships or also fans who don't like ships).

and Luna mentioned going out for drinks:
    I saw 'Deviant' tonight! :D
    aw, such a cute episode. I like their fight together and the way Ryan couldn't look at her after Eric leaves.
    The last scene is so great!
    Even my parents noticed the chemistry between them in the last scene. :lol:
    It shows that Ryan hates fighting with Cal and Cal can't stay mad at him.
    I have to watch it again and again. ;)

8. CalleighWolfe

CalleighWolfe Pathologist

Noooooooooo!!!! what???!!! a gambling problem???!!! didn't Warrick have the same problem in CSI Las Vegas??? Yeahhhh, HE DID :mad: why Ryan??? if they want someone in trouble they could choose another character (for a change). I can't believe it :(. Well about the holding hands thing I'm not surprised, or scared *sighs*, maybe he still has problems after being shot so, let's be patient, I think it'll be only because of their friendship :). But the gambling thing, that's another thing *cries loudly* I really hope Cal doesn't get mad like she did in DP100 :(

There are really good fics in ff, like Sara Duquesne's ones (that'd be Luna :p) and Dutchie15 (Nikki of course, :lol:) and TheCoroner's too :D.

I agree, I'd like to see it happen at the end of the show, the hints are very good, so that we can have our own story to write fics, make icons or thingies that begin with a "v"... and end with "ideos" :lol: :lol:, that happens with all my ships, like Smacked, they're close now but we have Peyton in the middle and I think that for now that's kinda good :lol:

9. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Dutchie I have read your stuff. You are amazing, by the way.

Thank you for the tidbit about LJ.

CalleighWolfe, thanks for the info about the other talents out there.

Also, I just wanted to add that I agree about the no relationship. Its seems that when a relationship is created in a show, the writing goes down hill becuase they think that they need to focus the attention the relationship first and foremost.

...I'll just stick to my overactive imagination and the overactive imagination of everyone else. :p

10. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

*blush* Oh shush Happilyhappy. And you're welcome. Oh and call me Nikki, everyone here does.

I think you all are right about the turning viewers off. I am not half as addicted to LV anymore since Grissom and Sara got together. And well I like M&M so I'm lucky there. But making a ship happen in CSI:Miami would turn off a lot of viewers. If they made it Eric/Calleigh that would turn me off and I know it would be the same reversed.

Inge, I was trying to lure you in here by using your name :p I do agree though. And aww Deviant. No one can deny that look.

I was pretty sure I had more to say but...OH right.

Well forget the hand holding, as it's not 'hand holding' in the way we think. Eric is going to cut his hand on a shard of glass and Calleigh will take his hand to check it for injuries. That's what I heard anyway. I can live with that.

11. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Ok, I seem to have miss quite a few things...Posters are all so fast ;)
    Anyway, from what I have read, you are talking about the impact a storyline with Calleigh and Ryan together would have...I have to admit that, yeah, that probably would leave some viewers not happy and maybe even losing fans of CSI:Miami that are not CaRWashers...Besides, I don't even know if I would like to see it happening...It would ruin our expectations of another moment of them together, where we can see their looks, and comment "hmm, that is not normal in coworkers :rolleyes:...there must be something there more than friendship" but what if they were really together?! then those looks would be normaland therefore less exciting...I guess that is it for me, for now!

12. RYANisHAWT

RYANisHAWT Hit and Run

try bookfinder.com . they have alot of them. new and 2nd hand ones. :D yes, the carwash part sounds awesome. i re-read their part like 5times before moving on to another chapter. i know, its crazy.

just dont read it in the bus. else, you'll SQUEEEEE and everyone will look at you. :lol:

wowwww. ive been missing out alot here. whatever happened to calleigh's ex, Jake? im disappointed that Ryan didn't show any jealousy. it would be nice to see Ryan and Jake fighting over Cal. :)

13. jue

jue Witness

#320 Killer Date was on yesterday night. Saw one scene particularly funny...

When Cal and Ryan have Tripp run Gabrielle's name at a computer, after Tripp warned them he's slow in typing, there's a cute face of Cal glimpsing over at Ryan, whom's clearly frustrated with Tripp's really slow typing speed. ;)

Pity they don't have that scene showing both Cal and Ryan's face... :(

As for the Canon Ship stuff...can't say much coz I am also trap between CaRWash happening and *Not* happening...am not sure if I would still enjoy the cute hints/tension between the pair forever without it actually happening at all, same as if *it* really happen, would I somehow lost interest in chasing it, I seriously won't know...as the saying goes, "things always look good when you can't have it" :p

I guess it's like reading a good book, even if it's something we expected/wish for, we won't want to flip to that last page, coz it somehow meant closure (in a way). I somehow agreed that if any ship is bound to happen in CSIM, then that has to be CaRWash, coz that's why they kinda drag Jake more and more into the story isn't it so? To create a kind of triangle? At least that's what I am hoping for. :eek:

14. spacegal

spacegal Dead on Arrival

Isn't writing Ryan having a gambling problem kinda repeating LV? I mean, I understood gambling problems in LV because it's the town of casions but i always thought by Ryan being OCD means he's worried about money going down the drain - aren't OCD like picky over everything? like making sure they have enough money in the bank and not spending anything they don't need to spend?

If they were gonna do something to Ryan, they could at least come up with something a little more orginal and that fits in with Miami - not Las Vegas - What's next?

I think they should do something better with Ryan to give us a more insight in him rather than have him gambling - i don't see Ryan as the type who would put gambling above finding justice.

15. CaRWashLuvr

CaRWashLuvr Hit and Run

Ausiello:Ryan lands in some serious hot water when Horatio finds out he used his connections to try to settle a gambling debt. Meanwhile,look for some major sparkage between Calleigh and Delko...

You have got to be kidding me.. this cannot happen!! I seriously hope that doesn't mean what it sounds like it means b/c I will be SO mad!! :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.