The Rest In Peace & Remembrance Thread

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Re: The Rest In Peace & Remembrance Thread

Comedy actor Inman dies aged 71.

Actor John Inman, most famous for the comedy Are You Being Served?, has died in London aged 71, his spokesman said.
    Inman made his name in the 1970s show as Mr Humphries, whose catchphrase "I'm free!" entered popular culture.

In recent years he was a pantomime regular, most often taking the role of the dame. He also made appearances in BBC comedy show Revolver in 2004.

The Preston-born actor died in hospital after being ill for some time, his manager Phil Dale said.

www.bbc.co.uk

2. tanglewood14

tanglewood14 CSI Level Two

I went to wwe.com and heard that Bad News Brown died on March 6th in his home on Alberta.

I wasn't able to watch him in the ring or, to say the least, it's only now that I've heard of him. But he's still from the WWE family, and he will be missed.

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Boston Lead Singer Brad Delp Dies at 55
    Mar 9, 8:31 PM (ET)

ATKINSON, N.H. (AP) - Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, was found dead Friday in his home in southern New Hampshire. He was 55. Atkinson police responded to a call for help at 1:20 p.m. and found Delp dead. Police Lt. William Baldwin said in a statement the death was "untimely" and that there was no indication of foul play.

Delp apparently was alone at the time of his death, Baldwin said.

The cause of his death remained under investigation by the Atkinson police and the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's office. Police said an incident report would not be available until Monday.

Delp sang vocals on Boston's 1976 hits "More than a Feeling" and "Longtime." He also sang on Boston's most recent album, "Corporate America," released in 2002.

He joined the band in the early 1970s after meeting Tom Scholz, an MIT student interested in experimental methods of recording music, according to the group's official Web site. The band enjoyed its greatest success and influence during its first decade.

The band's last appearance was in November 2006 at Boston's Symphony Hall.

On Friday night, the Web site was taken down and replaced with the statement: "We just lost the nicest guy in rock and roll."

A call to the Swampscott, Mass., home of Boston guitarist Barry Goudreau was not immediately returned Friday night.

4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

that is really to bad about the lead singer of Boston I saw them play a couple of times
    they were a great band!

RIP Brad Delp and eveyone else who passed recently

5. SaraSidleRules8

SaraSidleRules8 Lab Technician

Re: Rest In Peace

My dad knew him REALLY well...it hit us hard when he died. His brither called my dad in tears...such a shame. He was a great man, father, and wrestler. :(

6. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Re: Rest In Peace

Happy Birthday SaraSidleRules8. Hope you had a good one.

RIP Brad Delp,John Inman,& Ernest Gallo.

7. FLACK_ATTACK

FLACK_ATTACK Prime Suspect

It is shocking and sad when someone passes away. Whether you have celebrity status or not. Anna Nicole's death, I must admit the way her life was heading I was not surprised. Having her son die three days after her daughter was born. Tragic.

8. Dynamo1

Comedian Jeni Dies in Apparent Suicide
    Mar 11, 3:28 PM (ET)
    By ANA BEATRIZ CHOLO

WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (AP) - Richard Jeni, a standup comedian who played to sold-out crowds, was a regular on the "Tonight Show" and appeared in movies, died of a gunshot wound in an apparent suicide, police said Sunday.

Police found the 45-year-old comedian alive but gravely injured in a West Hollywood home when they responded to a call Saturday morning from Jeni's girlfriend, Los Angeles Police Officer Norma Eisenman said.

Eisenman said the caller told police: "My boyfriend shot himself in the face."

Jeni died at a nearby hospital.

Eisenman said suicide had not been officially confirmed and the investigation was continuing.

Jeni regularly toured the country with a standup act and had starred in several HBO comedy specials, most recently "A Big Steaming Pile of Me" during the 2005-06 season.

Another HBO special, "Platypus Man," won a Cable ACE award for best standup comedy special, and formed the basis for his UPN sitcom of the same name, which ran for one season.

Jeni's movie credits included "The Mask," in which he played Jim Carrey's best friend, "The Aristocrats,""National Lampoon's Dad's Week Off," and "An Alan Smithee Film: Burn, Hollywood, Burn."

He had guest appearances in the TV shows "Everybody Hates Chris,""Married: With Children," and updated versions of the game shows "Hollywood Squares" and "Match Game."

The Brooklyn-born comic first received national attention in 1990 with the Showtime special "Richard Jeni: Boy From New York City." Two years later, his "Crazy From the Heat" special attracted the highest ratings in Showtime's history.

Jeni became a frequent guest on "The Tonight Show" during Johnny Carson's reign and continued to appear after Jay Leno took over as host.

He also wrote comic material for the 2005 Academy Awards, which was hosted by his friend Chris Rock.

9. BurnedToast

BurnedToast Coroner

Rest In Peace, John Inman.
    When I first found out I was all, 'wait, what?'.
    And now I'll just cry every time I watch the show.
    Oh sigh.
    Also, RIP Jeni and Robert.
    Because Robert invented the TV remote, and that's cool.

10. Azza4Speed

Azza4Speed Police Officer

I really liked John Inman, and recently got totally into 'Are You Being Served', Mr Humphries being the best thing about the show.

Oh Thursday, my mother woke me up, the first thing she says to me is: 'Guess who died!?' Hate to break it to her, but that is *not* the best way to wake someone up. I had a panick attack thinking it was family, but then at least she told me it was an actor I loved. I went through Richard Gere and Sean Connery before she told me it was John. :( I'm pretty impressed with myself for acctually having the brain capacity to think up any male actors I love that early in the morning. But I had a secret tear for him.

RIP John, now he's free. :(

11. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I read about Richard Jeni today. It's very sad. :(

May he rest in peace.

12. Dynamo1

Family: Brad Delp's Death Was Suicide
    Mar 14, 3:42 PM (ET)

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - The family of Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, said his death was a suicide.

In a statement relayed Wednesday through police, the family gave no other details of the 55-year-old Delp's death at his Atkinson home Friday. Police have said his fiancee, Pamela Sullivan, found him there.

"He was a man who gave all he had to give to everyone around him, whether family, friends, fans or strangers," the statement said. "He gave as long as he could, as best he could, and he was very tired. We take comfort in knowing that he is now, at last, at peace."

The statement said Sullivan, Delp's children and his mother, Micki Delp, were grateful for the sympathy they had received.

13. Dynamo1

R&B Singer Luther Ingram Dies at 69
    Mar 20, 7:53 PM (ET)
    By CHERYL WITTENAUER

ST. LOUIS (AP) - Luther Ingram, the R&B singer and songwriter best known for the hit "If Loving You Is Wrong (I Don't Want to Be Right)," has died. He was 69.

Ingram died Monday at a Belleville, Ill., hospital of heart failure, friend and journalist Bernie Hayes said Tuesday. He had suffered for years from diabetes, kidney disease and partial blindness, his wife, Jacqui Ingram, said.

Ingram performed with Ike Turner at clubs in East St. Louis, roomed with Jimi Hendrix in New York and was the opening act for Isaac Hayes. He recorded through the 1980s and performed in concert until the mid-1990s, when his health began declining.

"His instrument was his voice; his heart and head were his inspiration," said Hayes, a St. Louis journalist, disc jockey and author of "The Death of Black Radio."

Ingram was born Nov. 30, 1937, in Jackson, Tenn. He started writing music and singing as a boy in a group with his siblings after his family moved to Alton, Ill., in 1947.

He had a five-year association with Memphis, Tenn.-based Stax Records during the height of its success. In 1971, Ingram and songwriter-performer Sir Mack Rice co-wrote "Respect Yourself" for the Staple Singers, which turned into Stax's biggest hit.

Ingram recorded "If Loving You Is Wrong (I Don't Want to Be Right)," in 1972 on Koko Records, which Stax distributed. The song was No. 1 on Billboard magazine's R&B chart and was later a hit for Barbara Mandrell.

His other popular songs include "Ain't That Loving You (For More Reasons Than One),""I'll Be Your Shelter" and "You Never Miss Your Water."

"He was a soft-spoken, quiet person that I think relished peace," said Deanie Parker, who spent her career at Stax and Soulsville. "He was a very intense singer; he took it very seriously. When he was rehearsing, he'd go over it and over it and seek perfection."

A "musical visitation" will be held Sunday at St. Augustine Catholic Church in East St. Louis. He is to be buried Monday at Mount Carmel Catholic Cemetery in Belleville.

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

RIP Luther Ingram a very good musical icon may peace be with his family and friends and know that his songs will live on.

15. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I love that song. Rest in peace Luther Ingram.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.