Grissom & Sara #26: It's So Obvious, Isn't It?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Alyssa, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

I chose that it'll be a moth. Why? Because I'm feeling pessimistic today. No, really though. Grissom's an entomologist - and he called it a cocoon. I understand that the writers could have just been dumbing it down for the sake of less observant watchers who, if he'd had called it a chrystalis, would have said "Uh, dude... that's a cocoon." But they do try hard not to dumb things down. OR maybe they just didn't do proper research. But they have people to do that for them... so... yeah. Though I don't have any doubt in my mind that it will be a very pretty/special/unique/rare moth.

Not like that horrible thing I got stuck up my nose for three days. Yeah, grossest story ever. Seriously, stop reading now.

I was like 12 years old, and I mopped the kitchen floor. Then I set the mop outside the front door to let it air dry (we're county folk...we do stuff like that) and went out and grabbed it before bed. As I was bringing it in I sniffed it (I'm also a sniff-o-holic. I will smell anything once. Or twice. And I'm not talking drugs here or to get high. I'm saying I use my sense of smell to experience things... it's difficult to explain.) Anyways, so I sniffed the mop. And inhaled somehing, what I didn't know, but DAMN did it hurt. That was the first time I swore in front of my parents. Every single cuss word that I knew. Later on, I figured that all that pain must have been coming because the darn thing was trying to get OUT of my nose. So I blew and blew and screeched and cried for a full ten minutes. My parents were thisclose to taking me to the emergency room (dad had his shoes on and keys in hand) when it just... stopped. So we all figured I had blown whatever it was out and went on with our daily lives. Until three days later when I sneezed out this huge dead moth. I wish I was kidding. I have pictures. It was so gross. :Shudders:

Well, there's my disturbing story of the week. Hope you enjoyed that. You would think it would have stopped my smelling addiction. Not so much.

And now continuing like I didn't just disturb you all with my horrid tale -

I don't think it'll be a ring - because well... the odds of them actually standing there (together or apart) whent it hatches are kinda slim. Sure, you can predict it down to like... a two day, maybe even a one day window. But to the very minute? Hour? Probably not. Besides, whatever was inside WITH the ring would probably die. And how unromantic would it be if ~

Grissom walks into his office - see's cocoon has hatched.
    Grissom: Hey Sara! Come here! Looook!
    Sara: Hey Grissom... I think that butterfly's dead.
    Grissom: That's ok. See the pretty ring?
    Sara: Ring? You shoved a RING into the cocoon?
    Grissom: Marry me?
    Sara: You KILLED the butterfly - by shoving a RING inside of it's HOME. wtf.
    Grissom: whoops.

That is if it's an actual cocoon, and not something man made. Which it could be - but you'd think Sara would at least be able to sort of tell. And what? Is Grissom going to "Hatch" the ring? I can think of a thousand ways of proposing more romantically then ripping into a bugs nest.

And don't try to tell me it's a real one that a butterfly (moth) has already burst forth from. I had a butterfly farm when I was a kid, a tiny little aquarium in which I had a catepiller that eventually turned into a butterfly. And I've done it more then once. And trust me, 99% of the time, what remains is anything but pristine. It'd never pass as still containing anything.

I told you I'm feeling pessemistic.

Adz, :eek: Really. Just :eek:. Those icons made my entire day. And, Sara will always be Grissom's Cheeseburger. :lol: Guess what I'm watching? Again. Oh, the irony.

As Alyssa's been saying - it's momentous. Not for the broken Sara, but for the fact that she trusts Grissom to hold her together. I think we all love Kick-Ass Sara. But everyone has a bad day. Everyone hurts, and everyone cries. Him knowing that she needs to be held - and her letting him... it's huge. Breaking down in someone's arms is showing trust. Remember last time she let herself break down? He held her hand. That's all the comfort he thought she'd allow him. This time, a case gets painful, and knowing how much it hurts her - he goes to her. He holds her. It's not a horrible thing. Strong Sara is awesome, but so is her ability to break down infront of someone. That too, takes a lot of strength. Especially when you're seen as the strong one. Trust me.

Ok well, I better get going. My mom is promising meatballs and mashed potatos for supper. Can't miss that, and it's an hour drive from here.

That is all.

2. butterflylove206

butterflylove206 Prime Suspect

"So, we've been talking about the posibility of Sara being a victim, or Grissom, yada yada, of the MCSK. Could happen. Could not. However, I definitely think this killer has fixated on Grissom. He just has the sorta allure that attracks wackos, serial killers, and the occasional gorgeous brunette." (sorry I don't know how to make quote boxes within a spoiler box) yikes, add a serial kiler who's obsessed with Grissom + a really smart one at that = Sara/people he cares about most in major danger! Mabey thats how the rest of the lab will find out? Sara will be targeted and Grissom will go completely temporary-insane?

awwwww! I love this scene so much and it hasnt even happened yet! I will....I don't even know what I'll do if they cut it! I really think thats going to be how somebody finds out, if not all of them. Even if there isnt a big thing with everybody there going "Oh my gosh you guys are FINALY together/how did we not figure this out!" I think Catherine or Brass or possibly somebody else might pull Grissom aside later and be like "is it just me or are you two more than coworkers?"

I don't remember if we've said this before, but what if somebody at the lab already knows for sure about GSR? I can sorta by a stretch see Grissom going to Catherine and telling her about Sara if he needed advice or something, I mean she kinda was hanging out at his house telling him he was an idiot back in the day so why not now? And she took Sara out after Hank, although I think that might have been more she was seeing major Hank/Eddie parallels than that she and Sara were particularly chummy, but still. Only thing is she has a big mouth so the whole lab would know within 10 minutes.
    I could also see Brass figuring it out and saying something to Grissom about it/giving Grissom advice whether he wanted it or not. He could keep the secret too. hummmm *becomes lost in thought*

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I picked ring, because that's what I'd like, but knowing how quirky Grissom is, it's probably a butterfly or moth :( how romantic NOT :mad:.. and this is in the new TV GUIDE, I just got in the mail March 12..18.. about our couple :p

MOMENT OF THE WEEK..WATERCOLER TALK

A CLOSE SHAVE FOR GRISSOM

With the assistance of surreptitious squeeze Sara, the CSI guru lost the beard he grew during his sabbitical. Trusting a woman enough to let her near your neck with a straight razor..we know it's TRUE LOVE that's all.. cool huh? as non GSR shippers scream :mad: sorry folks this is a done deal.. acceptance is the key!!!

[​IMG]

4. Freckles101

Freckles101 Hit and Run

This scenario or one similar to it is totally what I want to happen. Imagine if the whole team was sitting around the table, and Gris calls Sara "dear" or "honey". That would be great.

I voted that the cocoon contains a butterfly (even though I know it probably is a moth) just because I like the symbolism and continuity from Butterflied.

5. Shipwrecked

Shipwrecked Police Officer

I'm sorry, a ring? C'mon now. Let's face it, Grissom seems too original and too humane to kill a butterfly in order to stick a ring in a cocoon. Of course, if it was a big moth (Turtlebaby that sucks!), I don't care if he killed it. But Grissom is the guy who gets upset at the Pest control man. BTW, nice scenario Turtle. tehe

And yes, it could be a fake cocoon, but Grissom pays close attention to detail. Sometimes it's obsessive and strange, but that's just what he does. :p

It's a butterfly. It must be. I don't see them getting married anytime soon or see them getting engaged in that fashion. Sure, I could be 100% wrong, but whenever I think wedding, I think "mahwwaige...mahhwwaige is whaaat bwings us togedahh todaaahhh." The Princess Bride was a great movie, but I really am not into a CSI mahwwaige.

Lol. Watch it be a ring. *Laughs at self* :lol:

Somebody tell Chocolate, keeper of the lists and such, to add me to anti-hat, cause gangster or not, it isn't sexy. A few gang members got into a fight at lunch today. That wasn't sexy either. :rolleyes:

Adz, about those Billy icons...crack kills. :devil: Okay, they were pretty darn hot. :cool: Actually they were quite steamy. McBilly is steamy. At school, I've been putting "Mc" in front of guys names, and yet I haven't watched one episode of Grey's. ;)

6. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

I voted for a butteryfly. Honestly, I don't want it to be anything "special" like a ring or something. Just a beautiful butterfly to represent how much their relationships means to Gris.

I keep going back and forth on who I'd like to find out about the relationship, and every one has such different scenarios.

1. If Cath found out, you know she'd bug them about it. I don't think she'd "tell anyone else" however, she'd probably get a little "ticked" and start thinking that he is giving her special treatments in areas of work. But, then again, she can be quite the humorous one.

2. If Greg found out. Gosh, you know it'd be hilarious. The way he was with Sara when her and Hank were 'going out' was awesome.

3. Hodges - would be a totally different story. He'd bug them. Probably make wise jokes about how Grissom is giving Sara special treatments, or crack a few hilarious one-liners about the relationship.

4. Nick and Warrick probably have some sort of bet going, and they'd find out together. Haha, gosh, those guys' are hilarious.

As for everyone else, I just don't think they could make it funny. Which is what I'd except from someone finding out about the two.

7. Desertwind

I do see them getting married, they're getting older, and it's time.. 7 years of this, please.. if not now when? enough of this fooling around, could of, would of, should of..... do it!!! already :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

8. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

in the poll i voted butterfly, cuz i believe in continuity this season. i won't be surprised if it will be a moth though.

a ring? heck no. if it's a ring, i'll have to rub my eyes and start flipping channels cuz i'll be sure might have set it on OC or something.

i'm dissapointed in you choc. very, very dissapointed.
    YOU HAD A MOTH IN YOUR NOSE FOR 3 STRAIGHT DAYS? *dies of laughter* i love you.
    lol, thanks :) yeah, and he is her ketchup.

Guys, what about the new thread title Sara is Grissom's Ketchup. or better She Is His Honey-Mustard.

lol
    to be honest with y'all, i don't give a damn what TV Guide publishes anymore. WHO CARES? nobody's gonna remember their article a week from now. everybody will remember CSI though.
    thanks Shipwrecked!

about marriage, naaaah. i'm anti-marriage. put me in that team choc.

9. Desertwind

On the TV Guide article tid-bit.. I'll remember ;).. and die-hard fans will, I've saved everyone with them in it? ;) (my GSR collection} for future posterity, once the show is over!!, if the show ends!!! then I'll have all this great articles about them!! different strokes ;)

[​IMG]

10. Herzeleid

Herzeleid Rookie

ok i feel retarded now. i voted for butterfly just because of the continuity of it. everytime i see a butterfly now i think of the geeks. i know im wierd. anyway, why i called myself tarded: i, like most people im sure, thought cocoon referred to any...caterpillar-type metamorphosing bug..i honestly didn't know they were different, so i can totally see how TPTB may have dumbed it down for the audience, if not out of their own lack of knowledge.

there's a team for marriage? pro-marriage!!

11. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

for the poll ..
    i want butterfly cos butterflied and eveything that this mean, but my vote was moth cos Grissom said Cocoon.
    I like moth too i saw some really really beautiful.

haaa but i want a butterfly and could be anthochoris sara or heliconius sara hauahaua :)
    i can't wait for see...i can't wait for Sara read the letter too!!

12. virology101

virology101 Dead on Arrival

I just had a stupid thought... what if the coccoon was the letter? That was some nice, heavy paper Griss was writing on, and come on, what a nice, pristine cocoon that is.. I dunno, it sounds really dumb, but at the same time it makes me squee with joy.

And that would definitely be a pleasant surprise once it "hatched". Then again, it could just be that the gooey romantics have gone to my brain.

I'm not sure I want them to get married. But I do want someone on the team to find out about the GSR and now!

13. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i just got an idea for a reveal. what if Sara got a flu or a cold and Grissom got it as well?? it's completely un-CSI-ish b/c those characters are superhuman and they've NEVER been sick in their lives, but it's just a fun idea to play with.

it would be HILAROUS if both of them called in sick or came to work caughing, sneezing and sniffing. and they would receive a zillion amused looks from everybody in the lab.

*Sara sits in the breakroom and sneezes for the umpteen time*
    Nick: Hey Sar, you look like you don't feel very well. Why don't you go home and get some rest?
    Sara: I *sniff* I'm fine Nick.
    Warrick: No, you're not Sara. NOBODY gets a cold at this time of the year unless you got it from someone.
    Nick: And we're pretty sure you don't have a caughing boyfriend.
    *Grissom comes in*
    Grissom: *SNEEEEEEEEEEZE of the millenium*
    Nick: *puzzled*
    Warrick: ... Noooo ... Can't be ...

okaaay, i'm going to sleep. i've got a first day of classes tommorow. only two and a half months to go to end this year, yeah. i'm gonna watch Snuff now though, cuz i LOVE S3-Grissom *melts*

14. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Wow. I just thought of something.

I just finished watching 6x22 "Time of your Death", and you know how at the ending they are talking about fantasies? Well, after Catherine and Greg leave, Sara looks up at Grissom. She smiles, then she moves her mouth and nose just a twitch.

Okay, so she ALWAYS does that. Pretty much every episode. But, it just seemed different this time, I mean, he did end up looking her up and down with his eyes after she did it.

I'm probably looking into that too much, but I thought it was cute.. Maybe they were giving us a hint then.

15. sunlight

sunlight Civilian

I don't think there's a ring. I think its a butterfly. It's not whats inside that is important really it is what it signifies. I think that when this thing hatches Grissom might give her the letter he wrote. and maybe use this time to take their relationship to another level. it will show a comittment on his part towards the relationship. the hatching will symbolize a further comittment between them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.