You're Invited: Summer NY Forum Meeting in LA!!!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Orison, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Re: You're Invited: Summer Board Meeting in LA!!!

:lol: I plan to pack my slutty clothes. All I gotta say is that the clubs will see a lot of clevage from moi. Of course, I'll make sure to cover up before I enter the club. Don't want to scare any of the underage people here :lol:.

Speaking of which, I'm gonna get me some bras down there. La Senza's *sucks* & you all better believe that I'm gonna stock up on some stuff from Victoria's Secret :lol:.

2. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

^ I love Vickies! :D I was just there yesterday as a matter of fact. I am surprised that you don't have Victoria's Secret in Canada.
    Jorja, did you have a Starbucks Coffee today? ;)

I am all over slutty clothes for evenings in LA.

3. glam_chic86

Canada definitely blows when it comes to having American shops. Yeah, we have American Eagle Outfitters. Big whoop. I'd rather have the shops with all the sexy clothes. Gimme Victoria's Secret :devil:.

Nope, no Starbucks today & probably for the rest of the month. I'm on a tight budget & I'm saving up to get a manicure & professional hair style for the day of the Nelly Furtado concert, which is on the day of the 22nd. Here manicures are crazy expensive & I would do it myself but I want it to look nice :lol:.

Ooh, and woo hoo for me not being the only one wearing slutty clothes for the night clubs :lol:. That would be a little awkward...

4. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

Nah, you definately won't be the only one wearing slutty clothes. It is the one place at night that I can 'tastefully'show off the girls. :lol: If you can actually do that!?

Ah yes, the budget. I am going on a vacation in two weeks, so I have saved for that. Just did a quick pedi yesterday and got my hair cut and colored last week. I am getting a professional mani/pedi for when I go to LA, so they look good. I do a pretty sucky job myself! Manicures run here about $15-$20, how much are they in Canada? I have had my Starbucks for not necessarily the month, but won't have another one for about two weeks.

OK, enough chattiness on my end. ;)

5. glam_chic86

A crappy manicure is about $20.00. If you want a quality one you gotta pay over $40.00. At least that's what it's like here in Vancouver. We are a city known for our expensive items & I'm guessing we're the most expensive place outta everywhere in Canada.

That's what I'm looking forward to hopefully coming to LA. I assume manicures & pedicures are way cheaper, along with a few other things. Then again, I haven't been there since August of '97 when I was 11 so who knows :lol:.

6. Webbgirl

Webbgirl Victim

Eeep! I'm going to Vancouver in April. I'd better make sure to get my nails done before I go.

Most okay places in L.A. run about 15 to 20 for a regular mani. There are spa places where they get up to about 40 or 45 for a regular mani. (Which is usually what I pay for a combo mani/pedi most places here in L.A.)

7. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Okay. How much does a brazilian wax cost in LA?

:devil:

8. Webbgirl

Webbgirl Victim

OW! But depending on where you go, it's about $40. More for a Playboy. Plus whatever you spend on painkillers for afterwards. :D

9. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Plus, the tip.

10. doublefe

doublefe Hit and Run

wow..henna tattoo?? never heard of it, and it only lasts for a month?? this sounds like something i can handle...

and jorja, victoria secret is a cataloge/online store, just go to the web and get whatever you want, but once you started with them, you will get a cataloge everyweek... :D

11. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Dare I ask.... what is a Playboy?

12. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

Welcome to the board, Webbgirl! Hopefully you'll be able to swing some time to come play with us in July.

Thumpy - Don't worry, I knew you weren't planning on wearing your NY shirt out. ;)

As for any beauty treatments or maintenance anyone might need, LA is the capital of all things beautiful. If you live in another country or out in the middle of nowhere in the US, you may be able to get your needs met for less in LA. But you might want to make sure you don't miss out on anything good by saving those chipped toenails until you arrive in LA. Maybe arrive a bit earlier, if you can, to take care of all that stuff. If you beg me, I'll be in LA in two weeks and can pick up a brochure from the closest nail place to the hotel, then give you prices and a phone # to make an appointment. I can also recommend some higher end salons in the area for anyone looking for a high quality mani/pedi or a great wax (Bliss rocks!). I'm something of a spa whore myself.

13. Webbgirl

Webbgirl Victim

Hi. Thanks! I'm really hoping that work will be slow enough around that time that I can join in the fun. Especially since you all are nice enough to practically gather on my doorstep. :D

I LOVE Bliss, they have the yummiest treatments. There's also a great boutique spa in Burbank (not to far from Hollywood) that I go to about once a year if anyone is interested in that. There are also quite a few places of varying price ranges and services near my place near The Grove if anyone wants info.

14. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

^ A Bliss spa in Burbank? We must be thinking of two different Bliss spas. The one I'm referring to is in Westwood, in the W hotel, and is the only location in the LA area. Is there a different spa that perhaps just uses Bliss products? Either way, the products are a large part of why it rocks. And Burbank is far closer to Hollywood than Westwood.

15. Webbgirl

Webbgirl Victim

^^Ooops! Sorry if that was confusing. The spa in Burbank isn't a Bliss one. It's a small boutique one that uses their own products.

I've been to the Bliss one at the W as well. I'm a sucker for getting pampered, no matter where it is. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.