Horatio & Yelina #5 ~ How Can I Not Love You?~

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Yes, indeed. ;) There are definitely some parallels to be drawn between H/Y and Laura and Bill. The main difference to me is the quality of writing. On Miami, as much as I love the H/Y storyarc, the writers seemed to back H into a corner with it. The writers weren't sure where to go next, so they wrote Yelina off to 'change things' :rolleyes:, with the option to bring her back. Had Yelina's character been given more to work with and been better written, the possibilities are endless.

In BSG, Laura's character is so well written, so dynamic (in a subtle way) and so involved in much of what goes on in the show, that this in turn makes the Laura/Bill relationship fascinating to watch and the writers have so many options at their disposal as to how things can develop (some of which are currently making us nervous wrecks, lol).

Tally made an excellent point to me the other day. Miami has two women at it's helm as showrunners/producers (Ann D and Elizabeth Devine) and between them, they evidently didn't know where to go with the H/Y storyarc. BSG has two men as showrunners (Ronald D. Moore and David Eick) who have been behind the quite brilliant portrayal of Bill and Laura's storyarc. Food for thought and a definite feather in the cap for these men, certainly thus far. :)

2. inge

inge CSI Level Two

I have a question.
    What's BSG? I mean the whole title.
    I really don't know about what you all are talking and it's hard to follow the discussion. :(

I liked the episode 'Under Suspicion'. Frank mentioned Yelina and was concerned about her. The conversation between Calleigh and Ryan also gave us a hint that the team was aware of the special relationship between H/Y.

3. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

I think they mean Battlestar Galactic. I'm not quite sure.
    Just saw death pool 100 on tv. Wasn't that great. I expected much more for the 100th epi O well :)

Here's hoping to better time (with Yelina!)

4. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

BSG is the TV show Battlestar Galactica. A few of us H/Y fans are great admirers of it, and inevitably draw comparisons between that and Miami. A few pages back, we had a discussion about Yelina's character and how the writers could have done more with it. They seemed to run out of ideas where H/Y were concerned (through no fault but their own), as Luce explained very well and we wish the quality of writing was as perceptive, sharp and stimulating as the writing on BSG. It's really just a point of reference to keep discussion ticking over until we hear more info about Yelina's return. :)

5. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Watching all the old H/Y interaction in s1-s3, makes me realise how much I sorely miss their on-screen chemistry. The little things like the looks, the eye contact, the little smiles, their conversations. Also noticed how much more H smiled compared to in s4, mainly cos he smiled when ever Y was around.

Sigh I really really miss that.

6. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

yep we need improvement in CSI Miami before Y come back, and this comparison CSI M vs BSG is 0:100 :lol: for now this is good way for run from the reality .... btw Lucy u make me to think a lot over ur post ;)

what about this sweet scene form epi 'Spring Break'. Y don`t have concrete reason to talk with H, but still can look (check) at him :D

[​IMG]
    Y: let`s see what is doing my man

[​IMG]
    H: i know that she look at me :devil:

7. HC_4_my_birthday

HC_4_my_birthday Lab Technician

my heart gose out to the wonderful pic of H/Y thanks Pusher had a boring day at work packing prawns.migth watch Spring Break later got a computer set up in my dineing room now :)

8. Lucy

I really miss that too. I have to say, it was those moments that made Miami so enjoyable and special to me. The Yelina-less Miami seems rather lacking in substance to say the least. Her presence on the show brought many heartwarming moments and the very endearing, bashful, slightly vulnerable Horatio was very much in evidence.
    I hope that is a good thing! You know me, I can get rather random at times. ;)

Thank you for those lovely pics. :D These are the kind of moments that we miss so much.
    :lol: So Say We All!

9. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

So true. We don't see that in H anymore - well, maybe that's because only Yelina has that effect on him. ;) The wriggly, awkward school boy Horatio that is so very likeable. I miss him! Miami was so great once upon a time. *sigh* The real H certainly did disappear from our screens when Yelina departed.

Off topic for a moment, but I just wanted to say - Luce & Pusher, your banners are fab! :D

Thanks too for the great pics from 'Spring Break'. :)

10. HoratioandYelina

HoratioandYelina Rookie

I especially like how H would always watch for Y and do that thing where he smiles with his eyes, just for her. You don't see it much is S4.

11. Lucy

^ Exactly so, and it's such a shame. He would get that twinkle in his eye whenever she was around. Here are a couple of examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aww. So sweet. I must find more! :D

Thanks re the banner MD - all credit goes to Pusher who seems to have unearthed quite a talent! ;)

12. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Yeah those looks you poested are sorely missed. How H would just look at her with that look in his eye. Always tugged at my heart-strings. And the looks Y gave him, Lucy you should post some of those too. Thanks for the pics of H though, love 'em.

Avril Lavigne's 'Keep Holding On' comes to mind. In my opinion it's a very H/Y song, especially in her absence till we see her on TV with H again.

You're not alone
    Together we stand
    I'll be by your side, you know I'll take your hand
    When it gets cold
    And it feels like the end
    There's no place to go
    You know I won't give in
    No I won't give in

Keep holding on
    'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through
    Just stay strong
    'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you
    There's nothing you could say
    Nothing you could do
    There's no other way when it comes to the truth
    So keep holding on

So far away
    I wish you were here
    Before it's too late, this could all disappear
    Before the doors close
    And it comes to an end
    With you by my side I will fight and defend
    I'll fight and defend
    Yeah, yeah

Keep holding on
    Just stay strong
    'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you
    There's nothing you could say
    Nothing you could do
    There's no other way when it comes to the truth
    So keep holding on

Hear me when I say, when I say I believe
    Nothing's gonna change, nothing's gonna change destiny
    Whatever's meant to be will work out perfectly

13. snickergeek

snickergeek Witness

[​IMG]

"Yelina... just go ahead, i'll be right there... don't leave... i need to go somewhere before..."

14. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Thank you for those lyrics Hrockz and I agree that H does have an extra twinkle in his eyes when he sees Yelina.

I really need new H/Y episodes. I'm tired of analyzing the same old episodes over and over again. Although sometimes you discover new interesting stuff about them :)

15. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

wow thanks guys for this lovely pics and lyrics. :)

i agree with u Kit4na that everything for S 1-3 has been told and discussion a lot times. but i`m sure that we again will survive (and this thread) till Yelina come back ;) just have to reload with little patience...

u want to talk for new epi ... uhhh what about 'Cross-Jurisdictions' and Horatio & Catherine
    cool scene : ready honey, come on dear :lol: how i wish to have some fun in H/Y relationship in the future, i`m so sick and tired of this drama and need theirs smiles to not be hidden and shy, but open and real. i miss my H smart and funny quotes, and would love to see Y 'play' with him. (make joke,flirt)

back to the topic i go with Hrockz wish to see --> the looks Y gave H pics ;)
    can u hear us Lucy, Liverpool go forward so u have to make us happy ?! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.